Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New SimCity Only Playable Online

The upcoming continuation of the SimCity series will require a constant internet connection to play, reports Joystiq. They have confirmed that the game will be sold through digital distributors other than Origin, but lead designer Stone Librande tells them players will need to be connected to EA's online service to play, even in single-player. Word is: "The always-on connection becomes necessary with the game's emphasis on multiplayer and regional impact, and the use of a global economy that all players can influence."

View
86 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

6. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 10:33 Undocumented Alien

I thought that no one plays SP Offline games anymore because everyone has a connection to the internets...

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2012, 10:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 10:33 SpectralMeat

Doma wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 10:30:
Pirates will fix this 15 hrs before rls.

FTFY

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 10:32 InBlack

Im pretty sure that this new Simcity is built around a very robust multplayer component.

Apparently you will be able to (trade?) and interact (?) in some very meaningful ways with other cities, which are of course run by other players.

Im not even sure how it will be able to work in singleplayer if any of what they have said about it is even remotely true.

In any case, its a no buy from me anyway for two reasons. First Origin, second EA.

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 10:30 Quboid

Awwwwww what the fuck EA. Has it come to this? I was just defending you pricks. If this is true, I sincerely hope this utterly bombs and proves me wrong.  

- Quboid

2. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 10:30 Doma

Pirates will fix this 15 mins after rls.

1. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 10:23 ASeven

What the fuck.

WHAT THE FUCK.

SimCity has always been a singleplayer experience. Always. If there's a game that didn't need multiplayer and certainly didn't need an always-on online DRM is this series! Holy fuck is there anything publishers won't fucking ruin?

Not to mention according to this article there won't be mod support at launch either. Looking at the massive amount of DLC you get from the CE of SC I can imagine why, this game is bound to be riddled with all kinds of microDLCs.

Holy fuck EA with this the few fanbois that loved you are bound to turn around and hate you now. Good grief. I knew EA would ruin this series somehow.

86 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo