Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tribes: Ascend Beta Updated

A new "Cloak and Dagger Pack" now live in the Tribes: Ascend Beta adds a new map and other new features to Hi-Rez Studios' shooter remake. There's no word on this on the game's website, but this trailer offers a look at the new elements this update includes.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Updated Mar 29, 2012, 00:57 Jerykk

We don't need new weapons and skins, keep it simple. The game should be about CTF and the patches should reflect that.

That's the whole problem with F2P games. They have to constantly release new content in order to provide incentive for people to buy stuff. That's their only source of revenue. Unfortunately, it also conflicts with game balance.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Updated Mar 28, 2012, 20:19 bfg9000

Now there are packs of INF's just dueling people left right and centre, not even bothering to 'infiltrate', not that I mind they are still easy to kill, albeit hard to BPS.
I dunno. I'm just starting to be reminded of TF2 updates. We don't need new weapons and skins, keep it simple. The game should be about CTF and the patches should reflect that.

7. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Updated Mar 28, 2012, 17:46 Flatline

DedEye wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 08:56:
If someone deploys motion sensors or has a jammer pack you can spot them easy enough.

There are a lot of elements from the originals that are missing or changed, likely as a result of the business model, which to me is unfortunate.

It originated in Renegades mod for tribes, and moved on to the other big tribes mods. It became "official" I believe in T2.

This version of tribes borrows a lot from Renegades I find.

6. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Updated Mar 28, 2012, 16:58 Coolone

You could cloak in Tribes 2, I had a blast instakilling people from behind with it.

I also throw down tons of motion sensors and infiltrators run into them all the time. The sensors light them up like a christmas tree for all my teammates to see and it's fairly easy to gun them down.

5. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Updated Mar 28, 2012, 08:56 DedEye

If someone deploys motion sensors or has a jammer pack you can spot them easy enough.

There are a lot of elements from the originals that are missing or changed, likely as a result of the business model, which to me is unfortunate.

4. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Updated Mar 28, 2012, 02:42 shihonage

Infiltrators never belonged in Tribes. Invisible people? Stealth spinfusor? They're annoying as shit, and the more upgraded ones can practically one-shot a heavy.

What's the point of having a light-armor class with what essentially amounts to a freaking nuke?

3. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Updated Mar 27, 2012, 23:48 Veterator

First encounter post update is that, lots of invisible people with 3 shots of detonated mines is really irritating. Haven't seen the smoke grenades in action like you see the video.

And I have seen no one using the knives...it has near the same stats as the peashooter pistol, but it carries a splash damage...looking at it's ratings on the equipment screen as the sole determination for these statements.

2. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Updated Mar 27, 2012, 23:40 Mikus_Aurelius

The knives only do 375 in the video, which is less than half damage on a light. No comment on the other stuff though.  

1. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Updated Mar 27, 2012, 23:05 Jerykk

This pack seems pretty OP. Instakill throwing knives? Remotely detonated mines? Smoke grenades that instantly turn you invisible (in midair, no less)?  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo