Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway

As noted above, preorders are now being accepted for Legend of Grimrock, the now gold dungeon crawler. They say the game will be released on April 11th, and here's word:

Legend of Grimrock will be released for PC through Steam, GOG.com and our own website on April 11th for $14.99. With these options everybody should be happy, whether you like to play on Steam, prefer a standalone version, or support the development of Grimrock and our future projects by buying directly from us.

We have been working extra hard for the past months, and this point canít be stressed enough, we couldnít have done this without the support from you guys! As a thankyou we have something special in store for you. Thatís right, we are launching preorders TODAY for only $11.99 Ė thatís 20% off from the retail price! Pre-orderers get instant access to gameís goodies including a beautifully crafted game manual, Legend of Grimrock world map, custom made grid paper to print out for all your mapping needs, Grimrock theme music, wallpapers, team photo and art sheets illustrating foul creatures of Mount Grimrock.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 28, 2012, 04:27 InBlack

Bit the bullet and preordered directly through their website, went pretty smooth through Google checkout...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 28, 2012, 04:19 InBlack

Wow looks like an updated version of Eye of the Beholder! Hopefully it plays just as well...  

18. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 20:02 Krovven

Pre-ordered from their website, DRM copy, Steam Key, some nice artwork (one is already my desktop), map and some other cool stuff.

17. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 19:43 DangerDog

Here's a blast from the past, go play original Dungeon Master on the PC then play this game.

http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/851

Finally, after many years, I got my hands on the binary executable for the game. I wrote a disassembler to turn it into human-readable op-codes and proceeded to translate it to C++ using the Microsoft Version 6.0 C++ compiler. Eight hours a day for six months. About 120,000 lines of pseudo-assembly language. Crazy thing to do. But it works.

I can't imagine the dedication it took to make this conversion.

16. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 18:56 Mangrove

Sweet, roll on April 11th!  

15. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 17:44 Alamar

nin wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 11:14:

Looks fantastic! Now where's my steam page?

Thanks nin; that's looking significantly better (both graphically, and playstyle-alily) than when last I saw it...

Edit: Bought it... Hard to choose which service to give money to... Google wants to link my credit card to my gmail account, and no thanks... amazon, I don't think I have an acct for, paypal lets me pay without an acct, so yay : )

Also worth mentioning... Pre-order comes with a preorder bonus package, including graph paper (more useful if it wasn't designed to waste a ton of toner/ink), the manual (yay), and some other stuff : )

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2012, 17:54.

14. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 17:13 Darks

Same here, I bought it immediately after watching the video and about fell out of my chair. I canít believe I had not seen or heard of this game before this morning email from GOG.

Pre-Ordered!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

13. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 16:45 Will W

DangerDog wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 16:29:
I was expecting $29.99+

Instant pre-order purchase, love that they offer both Steam and DRM free standalone version.

And that if you buy from the publisher, you get both versions and don't have to buy them separately. That was a nice post-purchase surprise.

12. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 16:29 DangerDog

I was expecting $29.99+

Instant pre-order purchase, love that they offer both Steam and DRM free standalone version.

11. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 15:52 LittleMe

Sweet!! Preordered also. Love how Almost Human is bringing fresh inspiration into this genre. The dungeon crawlers became stale in the 90's only because developers/publishers milked it dry with uninspired, boring titles. Same thing happened with FPS's, MMOs, etc etc.. It's not about any of the genre, it's about creativity and execution. And from everything I've seen, LoG has it. Fingers crossed that it doesn't suck. Anyone remember their tech demo from 10+ years ago called Escape from Dragon Mountain?  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

10. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 14:28 Tumbler

whoops double post  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 14:27 Tumbler

Link to Buy Direct

$11.99, download on steam and stand alone, get a steam key RIGHT NOW! Amazon payments, my god it feels so gooooddd.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 14:25 Krovven

nin wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 11:14:

When given the option...why wouldn't people buy from the developer directly AND get the Steam key while doing so?

7. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 14:11 jacobvandy

Will W wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 10:54:
I bought direct from the developer (comes up as charge from Humble Bundle though). I want the Steam key, but would rather the developer gets the lions share of my cash...and I'm hoping that's what will happen.

Yeah, I thought that was funny. Does this mean we know what the next Humble Bundle will be, or are they doing merchant services for indies now, too?

6. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 11:21 nin

Ah, here we go!

What do I get if I pre-order directly from this site?

You get a Steam activation code so that you can play Legend of Grimrock with Steam achievements and community features. By directly buying from us, you support the development of Legend of Grimrock and our future titles! You also get the pre-order bonus goodies pack.

<grabs the credit card!>

edit: And amazon payments - man! They went all out!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 11:14 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 10:57 InBlack

What kind of game is this? Is it Diabloesque or?  

3. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 10:54 Will W

I bought direct from the developer (comes up as charge from Humble Bundle though). I want the Steam key, but would rather the developer gets the lions share of my cash...and I'm hoping that's what will happen.  

2. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 10:38 LurkerLito

Same here, I visited GoG this morning and just preordered immediately  

1. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 10:22 coldcut

Instantly bought on GOG.com Can't wait!  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo