Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite Trailer

A new trailer offers the fourth in the series on the Heavy Hitters in BioShock Infinite, introducing the Siren in the first-person shooter sequel in the works at Irrational Games. Once again Ken Levine and his cohorts explain this boss' role in the game, and offer a look at some concept art as well as gameplay footage. Here's a screenshot, and here's the clip:

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 27, 2012, 19:24 bigspender

and if its not spoilers then its some annoying developer going on and on about how good they think they are....  

7. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 27, 2012, 16:21 JohnBirshire

I have completely stopped watching movie trailers, or paying any attention whatsoever to games in development. Movie trailers are often loaded with spoilers, or show you every cool part for action movies, or every funny part for comedies. Video games hype themselves then fail to deliver on half the promises. I just wait until the game comes out, check the reviews, then decide whether to buy it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 27, 2012, 12:53 nin

That's what I like abour Rockstar. You never hear bupkiss from them untill the game is about 6 months out and then they start to do PR and ramp it up as it gets closer. That's how to do it.

Yeah, less is more definitely applies. R* gives just enough to get you hooked, but not so much that you know exactly whats going to happen.

And I sure as fuck hope it's not May 2013...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 27, 2012, 12:46 Cutter

nin wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 12:04:
Quit trying to sell this game with crappy PR video's and just release the damn thing already.

While the tone sounds a little cranky, I have to agree 100%. It seems like the PR machine is in full swing, and I feel like anything I watch of it now is only going to ruin any surprise I might get when I finally get to play it.

Not unlike movie trailers these days, that sometimes give the entire plot/twist/surprise in 2 minutes, frequently months before the actual release.

Problem is the PR mode has been on for way too long now. Apart from announcing a game, devs/pubs really shouldn't be draggin out the PR for a game as it just burns people out on it. That's what I like abour Rockstar. You never hear bupkiss from them untill the game is about 6 months out and then they start to do PR and ramp it up as it gets closer. That's how to do it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 27, 2012, 12:17 Beamer

nin wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 12:04:
Quit trying to sell this game with crappy PR video's and just release the damn thing already.

While the tone sounds a little cranky, I have to agree 100%. It seems like the PR machine is in full swing, and I feel like anything I watch of it now is only going to ruin any surprise I might get when I finally get to play it.

Not unlike movie trailers these days, that sometimes give the entire plot/twist/surprise in 2 minutes, frequently months before the actual release.

"These days?" It's been forever. The Speed 2 trailer showed you how the boat stopped!

In any case, it isn't like the people that make the game are the people that make the video. I couldn't care less about what anyone has to say about the game they're currently making, so I don't watch them, but I also don't complain when I go to websites that support these videos by linking to them.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 27, 2012, 12:04 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 27, 2012, 11:56 MajorD

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 11:25:
Anyone remember with Bioshock, how all they told you was there was a tank in the game protecting a little girl, and that's all they showed ya, but it was totally up to the players how to deal with them?

1. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 27, 2012, 11:25 The Half Elf

Anyone remember with Bioshock, how all they told you was there was a tank in the game protecting a little girl, and that's all they showed ya, but it was totally up to the players how to deal with them?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo