Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward

Robert 'fourzerotwo' Bowling tweets that he has resigned from his prominent position as voice of the Call of Duty franchise (thanks The Grifter). Here's word:

Today, I resign from my position as Creative Strategist of Call of Duty, as a lead of Infinity Ward, and as an employee of Activision.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 22:29 RollinThundr

Fion wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 16:14:
I don't know. If I was tasked with making the same game over and over again I might up and quit as well. It's gotta get rather boring after all.

A community manager doesn't equal being a hands on developer. That's all Bowling was, and he was awful at it. Often out right lying to the fanbase.

Knowing Activision his apology for shafting the PC base prolly got him fired rather than him quitting on his own accord.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 16:14 Fion

I don't know. If I was tasked with making the same game over and over again I might up and quit as well. It's gotta get rather boring after all.  

18. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 10:00 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 09:01:
I do know that for the first time in many years, a CoD title namely MW3 had a huge drop on sales numbers this January. This hasn't happened for a CoD title since CoD4 I believe.
It did? Hmmm ... i thought otherwise. Maybe i took "shipped" figures for "sales figures.

17. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 09:55 wtf_man

I haven't bought or played one single COD game... other than a demo here and there.

I don't get the appeal. (and I do like First Person Shooters)

/shrug

16. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 09:01 ASeven

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 08:42:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 02:15:
MrBone wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 00:18:
He sees the writing on the wall. The genre is pretty much done. MW3 was nothing more than MW2 with some extra maps.
The writing on the wall says: "Moar! MOAR! MOARRRRR! ... of the same old shit". MW3 sold bazillions.

Did it? What exactly were the sales figures? All I saw was "shipped" figures in the first few weeks and some lame press release about "biggest entertainment launch in history!" type gladhanding. I don't doubt a CoD title sold well but I'm interested to see how it compared to MW2.

I do know that for the first time in many years, a CoD title namely MW3 had a huge drop on sales numbers this January. This hasn't happened for a CoD title since CoD4 I believe.

15. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 08:42 Verno

Kajetan wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 02:15:
He sees the writing on the wall. The genre is pretty much done. MW3 was nothing more than MW2 with some extra maps.
The writing on the wall says: "Moar! MOAR! MOARRRRR! ... of the same old shit". MW3 sold bazillions.

Did it? What exactly were the sales figures? All I saw was "shipped" figures in the first few weeks and some lame press release about "biggest entertainment launch in history!" type gladhanding. I don't doubt a CoD title sold well but I'm interested to see how it compared to MW2.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

14. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 04:07 Paketep

Highlander wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 20:51:
Good riddance you lying sack of fucking shit.

Exactly this.

13. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 03:49 zirik

DangerDog wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 01:08:
Shouldn't have apologized for neglecting the PC community, cost him his job.

i think he was just prepping his next career move. make amends in case he lands a job as a pc dev.

12. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 03:38 Arithon

He must have had a PC...  

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

11. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 02:15 Kajetan

10. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 01:08 DangerDog

Shouldn't have apologized for neglecting the PC community, cost him his job.

9. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 27, 2012, 00:18 MrBone

8. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 26, 2012, 23:17 Tumbler

Ok...weird.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

7. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 26, 2012, 21:59 Beamer

Sepharo wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 20:47:
Think he'll be picked up by Respawn? Or do they not like him?

Can't imagine he is wanted if he hadn't left immediately.

He was hated by the community. Hated. I don't bother following him, but the smart and obsessive MW3 players (yes, they exist - they're the ones doing fairly accurate scientific testing of every aspect of a weapon) never trusted him, as he apparently gave incorrect info all the time, as if he didn't know what was going on. Some guy nicknamed GHANDI on the forum has become the reliable contact.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 26, 2012, 21:46 ASeven

Sepharo wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 20:47:

I sure hope he goes there because if he goes indie he better be console only because he's on the top 10 of people that PC gamers REALLY hate. He won't be able to shed off his past.

5. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 26, 2012, 21:01 SpectralMeat

For his replacement I vote for this guy right here, the Beast himself :
http://youtu.be/YGXmPCXO9xY

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 26, 2012, 20:51 Highlander

Good riddance you lying sack of fucking shit.  

3. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 26, 2012, 20:50 Ventura

I won't miss the guy. I was following him for a while there on Twitter, and like so many, he only ever tweeted back the insignificant stuff. I took that maybe twice, his ignoring valid issues to discuss silly little things, and that was the end of it.

I don't love to hate the cod franchise, like so many, but this time around, the Black Ops 2 gameplay footage that's released is going to want to be shit hot. What with my having a lot less disposable income now, it's going to want to be blow-your-dick-off hot.

2. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 26, 2012, 20:48 NotOneOfUs

"Creative Strategist of Call of Duty" has to be one of the world's easiest jobs.  

1. Re: Robert Bowling Leaves Infinity Ward Mar 26, 2012, 20:47 Sepharo

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo