Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA5 Details Leaked?

Some details emerged on the GameSpot forums that allegedly reveal specifics about the characters and story in Grand Theft Auto V, the next installment in the open-world action series, said to have been spilled by a disgruntled former employee. The post was deleted, but VG247 notes it can still be found on the Google cache. According to the post, the game will be shown in playable form at E3 this year, and the game is expected in May 2013.

View
65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

65. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 28, 2012, 00:51 Jerykk

By getting it on the console, I was able to play through it 2x within 6 months, THEN it came out on PC. So who is lazy?

I guess the more appropriate term here is "impatient" or "not very wise with money." Had you waited for the superior PC version, your initial experience of the game would have been better. Better graphics, performance, controls, mods, etc. I seem to recall you buying CoD:BLOPS on both X360 and PC as well (honestly, buying CoD once on any platform should be considered a felony).

Ultimately, console ports to PC are 99% universally bad. I'd rather play it in its natural environment. And GTA4 is better on a console.

Specifics would be great. How exactly are 99% of ports bad? The PC versions generally have higher resolutions, higher AA, higher AF, higher framerates, faster and more precise controls, hotkeys, mods and/or tweaks. It's pretty rare that a port is made that doesn't feature most of those benefits.

And again, how is GTA4 better on consoles? It looks worse, runs worse, controls worse and has no mod support to fix deficiencies like low-res textures. If you plug in a gamepad, hook up your PC to your TV and play on your couch, you're getting the exact same external experience as playing on a console, only with a superior in-game experience too. PC wins.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2012, 00:57.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

64. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 23:07 xXBatmanXx

Jerykk wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 12:37:
That comment makes you look just as stupid as the other side of the coin. I have lots of platforms because I am a gamer, but have always been a PC gamer. There are games I enjoy playing on console, and unfortunatley, for the reasons you have stated, I mostly play GTA games on console than PC. But I have them all and have played through GTA4 2x each on xbox and PC.

So... are you going to say anything to actually disprove my claim? Even Rockstar's shoddy ports are still better than the console versions. The reason you choose to play these games on consoles rather than on PC has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with you wanting to sit on a couch and being too lazy to hook up your PC to your TV. That just supports my point.

Except the fact you can't fucking read.

But I have them all and have played through GTA4 2x each on xbox and PC.

By getting it on the console, I was able to play through it 2x within 6 months, THEN it came out on PC. So who is lazy?

Idiot.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

63. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 13:56 Verno

The only reason to play GTA on the PC is mods

Yeah no sorry, you're just starting off all wrong here. Improved visuals, choice of input control and performance just off the top of my head. Maybe your couch is on mars and thus you can't/wont connect a cable to your PC but there are many reasons to play GTA on the PC.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

62. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 13:52 bhcompy

Jerykk wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 12:37:
That comment makes you look just as stupid as the other side of the coin. I have lots of platforms because I am a gamer, but have always been a PC gamer. There are games I enjoy playing on console, and unfortunatley, for the reasons you have stated, I mostly play GTA games on console than PC. But I have them all and have played through GTA4 2x each on xbox and PC.

So... are you going to say anything to actually disprove my claim? Even Rockstar's shoddy ports are still better than the console versions. The reason you choose to play these games on consoles rather than on PC has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with you wanting to sit on a couch and being too lazy to hook up your PC to your TV. That just supports my point.

The only reason to play GTA on the PC is mods, but then it's like playing a game from DICE: it's a great idea with so many fucking implementation problems that it tends to be a headache to really love

61. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 12:37 Jerykk

60. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 11:57 nin

I have lots of platforms because I am a gamer

Pretty much that, exactly. Gamers go where the games are, and don't restrict themselves to one platform while holding their nose up to the rest.

I thought that at first, but he does say the last 2 Rockstar games, not GTA games... So, RDR and LA Noire? Protagonist dies in both...

Ah, you're right! I was thinking GTA games...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

59. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 11:02 bhcompy

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 20:08:
My point is that you call yourself a PC gamer but seem utterly and completely uninterested in it as a gaming platform.

You're inferring quite a lot.

I put in a good 30-60 hours of PC gaming a week. Unless there is something I feel like playing, less than 5 hours a week on the PS3. Ultimately, console ports to PC are 99% universally bad. I'd rather play it in its natural environment. And GTA4 is better on a console. You have a problem with that, but who cares, you're a closed minded fool that likes to assume things and then degrade people for it. You're no better than any other moron fanboy. I'd rather every game was designed primarily for PC in the first place, but that isn't reality.

58. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 07:07 Agrajag

nin wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:17:
edit: Post seems a little suspect, esp the part about the main protagonist dying in the previous game...

I thought that at first, but he does say the last 2 Rockstar games, not GTA games... So, RDR and LA Noire? Protagonist dies in both...

Still, seems a bizarre thing to mention, anyway...

57. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 05:58 CommunistHamster

Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 18:31:
"Really guys? I just ran over this hobo and the vietnamese hooker, after which I plowed head on into a bus full of underprivileged elementary school kids, and you're still just gonna sit there and pretend nothing's happening?"
There's your problem, you should have been killing white folk!

56. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 05:17 xXBatmanXx

Jerykk wrote on Mar 27, 2012, 04:12:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: consoles appeal to the slothful and apathetic (in regards to gaming, at least).

Not really sure your troll comments help - they are just as damaging as the others....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

55. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 04:58 reisub

+1 Jerykk. Consoles offer nothing worth having these days.  

54. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 04:12 Jerykk

Bhruic wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 19:16:
You realize this is ROCKSTAR, right? IF there is a PC version, it'll be a giant piece of shit.

Not sure why you are bagging on Rockstar so heavily. Granted, the GTA IV port wasn't amazing, but it was generally pretty decent. Certainly a better experience than the few times I saw in on consoles. Getting mad at them for the long delay in the port time, I can see, but calling their ports (and III, VC and SA were all great) shitty is pretty inaccurate, imo.

Sadly, their ports have gone downhill since SA. Bully, Manhunt 2, GTA4 and LA Noire were all buggy and poorly optimized. To make things worse, these ports were all delayed extensively so there's no excuse for their lousy quality. Hell, the PC versions weren't even announced until long after the console versions were released. Granted, these shoddy ports were still better than the console versions but only barely and definitely not up to par with PC standards.

I sincerely hope that Max Payne 3 and GTA5 are actually stable, well-optimized ports. I don't even need DX11 support or any fancy features. I just want the games to be stable, run at 60 FPS and work well with mouse and keyboard.

And I'd much rather do most of my gaming on a couch and have zero interest in buying and maintaining a second PC to hook up to my television, especially when so many good games do not come out for the PC, so few PC games do split-screen, and having to say "hey, hang on, guys, my PC is booting, we'll be playing in a few minutes" isn't very appealing.

"So many good games?" Really? Like what? Halo? Overrated. Gears of War? Overrated. Uncharted? Overrated. Infamous? Overrated. Madden? Not even sure if that comes out for PC anymore but in any case, overrated. There are some good games that don't come out for PC but the vast majority do and they're better on the PC 99% of the time. There are also some good PC games that don't come out on consoles. Truth is, consoles have been getting fewer big exclusives over recent years. It's not like the 90's, where most games were platform-exclusive. This is the multiplatform age and in this age, PC is king.

Your other complaints are equally silly. Just buy an extra long HDMI cable to output your PC video to your TV. And are you really complaining about boot times? You have to boot up your console too, which isn't exactly instantaneous. Then you have to find the disc, insert it, wait for it to be detected and launch the game. Then you have to wait for the game to actually load (after you get past the unskippable legal screens and logos), an inherently longer process than on PC due to the slow read speeds of discs. Then you have to load a level and wait again. If you left your PC in sleep mode, woke it up and double-clicked the game's icon, I guarantee you'd get into actual gameplay faster than you would on a console.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: consoles appeal to the slothful and apathetic (in regards to gaming, at least).

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2012, 04:30.

53. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 00:25 nin

except for the DS one.

I started playing that one (China) on the iphone. Fuck it's hard to drive...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

52. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 00:17 xXBatmanXx

...and I am sure that I will buy 2 copies. 1 for the xbox and 1 for the pc. Just like I did for GTA4. I own all GTA games across all platforms except for the DS one.  

51. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 27, 2012, 00:11 xXBatmanXx

yuastnav wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:25:
bhcompy wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:20:
[...] PC gamer through and through, but GTA is the type of game that's better on a console.

That's not what a real PC gamer would say, though. :p

eh. The way they make the game now, it is really better on a console....they keep effin up the PC port anyway.

I would really like to see full MP with lots of modes. Drop GFWL and the online will flourish. GTA4 online crapped out in a few months, which is a bummer, as it had tons of potential.

I actually prefer to play this style of game on the couch, so it is easiest to use a console....i know i know, others have pc hooked up to a big screen, good for you. I do that as well, but not all the time.

Anyway, looking forward to the next one. Can't get enough GTA. If they don't release this fall, then it will be May next year. They are sticklers for releasing games in 2 particular months. Must go with their financial calendar or something.

50. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 20:08 theyarecomingforyou

bhcompy wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 15:22:
Like I said, there are some things PC is the best at, by far, and there are some that their aren't.
Apart from the exclusive games there is nothing that a console offers over a PC, other than the fact it's considerably cheaper. If you don't like the X360 controller then just plug in any one of the thousands of third party controller available... or plug in a PS3 controller. Do whatever you want - that's the whole point of having a PC.

bhcompy wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 15:22:
And graphical fidelity doesn't make a game. I still haven't found a better deathmatch experience than QWRA. Graphics blow, but the game is awesome. Physics, speed, and weapon combinations are unmatched. Same goes for consoles. Castlevania SOTN was a 2d game in an era when all the games were going 3d, yet it's considered one of the best PSX games ever(and it's still a great game today).
I never said it did. I just said that all multi-platform games look better on the PC. When you have a choice between PC and console it would be crazy to pick the console version, which is graphically inferior and more expensive.

My point is that you call yourself a PC gamer but seem utterly and completely uninterested in it as a gaming platform. The majority of console games run no higher than 720p - that's 921,600 pixels. Some console games run as low as 600p, which amounts to only 614,400 pixels. Meanwhile the PC can support 1600p, which is over 4x the resolution at 4,096,000 pixels - some gamers run three 24" monitors, which amounts to a whopping 6,912,000 pixles. Not only that but the PC supports AA/AF, typically has higher resolution textures, supports 3D, supports multi-monitor gaming, etc. But, even if you just wanted to plug it into your HDTV you still get 1080p (2,073,600 pixels) and the extra graphical fidelity.

Your claim was that GTA was better on the console. That's bullshit. Even though the PC port of GTAIV was appalling it was still better than the console versions.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

49. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 19:16 Bhruic

You realize this is ROCKSTAR, right? IF there is a PC version, it'll be a giant piece of shit.

Not sure why you are bagging on Rockstar so heavily. Granted, the GTA IV port wasn't amazing, but it was generally pretty decent. Certainly a better experience than the few times I saw in on consoles. Getting mad at them for the long delay in the port time, I can see, but calling their ports (and III, VC and SA were all great) shitty is pretty inaccurate, imo.

48. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 19:14 Bhruic

Still baffles me that it baffles you guys that PCs aren't always the best option.

Well, none of your arguments have dealt with whether it's the best option. Apparently, for you, it's not the most cost-effective option. Fair enough. But you've pretty much conceded it's the best option, it just costs too much.

If what you want to argue is cost-effectiveness, you need to be clear about that at the beginning.

47. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 18:31 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 14:02:
Yeah agreed Spectral. Getting back to the game details:

11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit.

Ugh to that detail if the police AI is like GTA4. I hope that is easily toggled off.

Isn't being chased by the police the whole POINT of the GTA games?
It irritates me sometimes how much crap I have to pull before the GTA4 cops finally notice it.

"Really guys? I just ran over this hobo and the vietnamese hooker, after which I plowed head on into a bus full of underprivileged elementary school kids, and you're still just gonna sit there and pretend nothing's happening?"

of course, then you're in a mission and you accidentally bump the mirror of a cop and it's BAM, FIVE STARS! DIE TERRORIST DIE!

Creston

46. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 18:28 Creston

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 13:42:

Still baffles me that it baffles you guys that PCs aren't always the best option.

I never said that. I had both consoles myself (until the shitbox360 broke and Microsoft refused to fix it, so now they can go fuck themselves. I'll buy the games for Sony's platform instead.)

I just commented on the "minutes of boot time" comment, as that's really just scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to complain about. I'm already playing games on my PC before my damn PS3 has even managed to get me past their inane login screen.

Creston

65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo