Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Starbreeze Reveals Cold Mercury

Starbreeze reveals plans for Cold Mercury, a "freemium" game, reports GamesIndustry International, though details are scant at this time. "Starbreeze will not leave the AAA segment," says Mikael Nermark, CEO of Starbreeze. "We are discussing with several leading game publisher on publisher financed games, but we will broaden our product portfolio of games in the new business models and segments that have arisen in the games industry. I am convinced that Starbreeze will be successful with the new games."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Starbreeze Reveals Cold Mercury Mar 27, 2012, 23:45 Fantaz

Big Fish Games is triple 'A'... why do u ask? "A New Game Every Day", because in that sentence you will find 3 A's! "A New Game Every Day"  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Starbreeze Reveals Cold Mercury Mar 26, 2012, 18:34 Creston

I think after the shit that was your Syndicate "Remake", you're not really allowed to call yourself "AAA."

Same as Bioware isn't allowed to call their own stuff "art."

WE will be the judges of that, thank you.

Creston

3. Re: Starbreeze Reveals Cold Mercury Mar 26, 2012, 12:48 Cutter

Really, it was one Riddick game and a sort of expansion. Yeah it was awesome, but Starbreeze amd AAA don't really go together, and "freemium" most certainly is not. I too hate this bloody model. I don't know why these developers and publishers are seemingly incapable of creating a tiered pricing structure instead of an all or nothing sort of deal.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Starbreeze Reveals Cold Mercury Mar 26, 2012, 11:52 born2expire

"Starbreeze will not leave the AAA segment"

Strarbreeze and AAA in the same sentence without the word not is laughable.

edit my bad i thought they did the Darkness 2, still the only decent thing they've done was the Riddick games.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2012, 12:27.

1. Re: Starbreeze Reveals Cold Mercury Mar 26, 2012, 11:16 fawker

"freemium"

&#3232;_&#3232;

so tired of these pay to win micro-transaction models

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo