Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

World of Darkness Footage

World of Darkness News  reports on the World of Darkness EVE Fanfest presentation for CCP's upcoming WoD MMORPG. They offer new details on the game from the presentation, all sorts of images, and a brief trailer showing the first footage from within the game shot pretty cleanly off a monitor. The clip shows environments, but no gameplay.

View
13. Re: World of Darkness Footage Mar 26, 2012, 03:51 Rigs

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 02:27:
grudgebearer wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 01:22:
Rossafur wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 15:50:

It's a short clip of a pre-alpha "graphics test" shown during a panel at a fanfest, and a recording of a recording in a dark room at that, cut them some slack (the game is unlikely to be released until 2014 at minimum). Even with all that, you can make out some pretty advanced lighting effects, and a far more detailed environment than any other MMOs (maybe comparable to the upcoming The Secret World).

I'm just depressed that I'll be 30 by the time this comes out...

It's just a static cityscape...and really just a single street. I mean, if you are going to show off footage of a game that has been in full production since 2008, I'd expect that you'd have more than this.

This.. They have been working on this since 2008 and obviously haven't done shit because their money laundering scheme er I mean Eve is more important to them. Not at all impressed that a game that's been in development to at least some extent for roughly 4 years, has nothing to show for itself. I hope White Wolf hasn't ponied up too much cash for this project because I would say it's being wasted.

At the risk of ultimately sounding like an idiot for not researching the facts first, if this has been in dev mode for that long, then how can anyone agree it's 'looking good'? Except in the literal sense, and even then it looks like some pre-rendered crap a second-year ani student put up for his mid-terms. If it did indeed take FOUR years to get to this point, in a dev studio that does nothing but MMO's to begin with, and with the 'AAA' talent on hand, I can't understand why anyone would get all giddy about it...If it ever does see the light of day, it will probably be quickly forgotten except for the few fanboys...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 25, 11:56 Re: World of Darkness Footage grudgebearer
  2. Mar 25, 14:03  Re: World of Darkness Footage Steele Johnson
  3. Mar 25, 15:50  Re: World of Darkness Footage Rossafur
  4. Mar 25, 19:52   Re: World of Darkness Footage Cutter
  5. Mar 25, 21:53    Re: World of Darkness Footage Jerykk
  11. Mar 26, 01:22   Re: World of Darkness Footage grudgebearer
  12. Mar 26, 02:27    Re: World of Darkness Footage RollinThundr
>> 13. Mar 26, 03:51     Re: World of Darkness Footage Rigs
  14. Mar 26, 05:01      Re: World of Darkness Footage Bhruic
  15. Mar 26, 05:22       Re: World of Darkness Footage Viranth