Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Patch Plans

The Battlefield Blog has details on plans to patch Battlefield 3 on all three platforms, saying a PS3 patch will be deployed on Tuesday and that more information on patches for the PC and Xbox 360. The new version includes a lengthy list of gameplay balance tweaks, many of which are suggested by the community, along with "rent a server" functionality for the console version. The overwhelming change list includes word on general gameplay fixes, vehicle fixes, weapon tweaks, deathmatch tweaks, mini-map adjustments, an improved commo-rose for PC players, and more.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 27, 2012, 15:40 Verno

Drezden wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 15:00:
1. The game most certainly does not suck. Stop hating.

and

2. Who the fuck cares if the game has working VOIP. I don't know one damn person who would use the in game VOIP even if it worked. Why would I want to listen to some random dipshit. The same people who use in game VOIP are the same friendless "UMADBRO"ers you run into in every game. There is a reason I always play with the same people on my own voice server. Beside that theres usually more than 4 of us in any given game.

Who cares about VOIP? Seriously? It's 2012, lets all get on Roger Wilco fellas derp derp.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 25, 2012, 09:52 SXO

WarpCrow wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 16:48:
I was disappointed that BF3 didn't have mod tools, but it's still a decent game. I'm a proud, card-carrying member of the PC Master Race, but the problem with so many PC gamers is that in order to satisfy them you need to fulfill every single element of a three page checklist and then price your game at half the price of its competitors or you apparently have a 'shitty game', and anyone who plays it is a moron. If I was a dev, I'd be tempted to disregard that snobbish, self-centered segment of the market too.
I can totally understand how that could gnaw at their morale, but the fact remains that most, if not everything, on that checklist is stuff that was in BF2/2142. The reason they don't want to implement it? Because much of it just wouldn't work, or wouldn't get used by the console players. EA wants DICE to provide the lowest common denominator, nothing more. I mean, don't you think it's absolutely pitiful that a game like BF2142 that came out in 2006 has a better squad system and commo rose? Those are probably among the easiest things they could implement from the requests/demands of PC players, but they chose not to.

As for the "half the price" comment, I'm gonna assume that's an exaggeration. I personally expect to pay $50 for a brand new AAA title on PC, unless it's some sort of special edition (Deluxe, Collector's, etc.). In the case of BF3, I purchased the "Limited Edition" so I feel the price was justified.

As for lack of mod tools, I saw this coming a mile away waaaaaay before they confirmed it long before release. Going back to the lowest common denominator, EA would never allow DICE to put in man hours to develop mod tools that will only be used on the PC platform. Add to that the fact that mods can and will compete directly with DLC, and it's a no-brainer for EA.

32. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 25, 2012, 09:36 SXO

Drezden wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 15:00:
Who the fuck cares if the game has working VOIP. I don't know one damn person who would use the in game VOIP even if it worked. Why would I want to listen to some random dipshit. The same people who use in game VOIP are the same friendless "UMADBRO"ers you run into in every game. There is a reason I always play with the same people on my own voice server. Beside that theres usually more than 4 of us in any given game.

Ummmm, most people that care about teamwork perhaps? My friends and I have been using our own VOIP service (alternating between Ventrilo and Teamspeak) since BF2, and even we feel that the game absolutely needs in-game VOIP so people can better communicate. The lack of a commander makes this even more necessary since nobody is giving orders to the squads. In game VOIP would allow the people that actually care about teamwork to communicate their intentions and inform each other of what's going on. Ofcourse a lot of people won't use it, even back in BF2 not everyone used it, but those that would will be better off for it. The fact of the matter is that the only reason BF3 doesn't have in game VOIP on the PC version is because EA wants to promote Battlelog as much as possible. Both of the console versions have VOIP in game, as every BF should have.

31. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 25, 2012, 09:33 dumpy

I don't know how many months it has been since release, 5-6 months lets say. I'm still having random dropouts and connection problems, and I'm not the only one. Pretty pathetic that this hasn't been cleared up yet.

And while the game has a few bugs, it's mostly the insincerity and disregard the developer and publisher have for its community that really bothers me.

30. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 25, 2012, 08:47 Dmitri_M

TangledThorns wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 00:12:
I'm very annoyed that MAV riding will be removed Angry It made the gameplay fun!

MAV riding was dumbshit for dumbshits. I got kicked from a server once because I was mortaring MAV rider positions on top of a skyscraper no one else could reach. It was funny as hell since clearly the admin and his pals thought MAV riding was some super secret exploit that put them into a position that made them immune from fire. Suddenly they were all being bombarded and then oh nooo the bitching began how dare you kill us.

Might as well include jumppads.

29. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 25, 2012, 02:17 DangerDog

TangledThorns wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 00:12:
I'm very annoyed that MAV riding will be removed Angry It made the gameplay fun! On certain maps snipers will be hard to get to now. Oman for example, now we'll have to rely on the few air vehicles there. Ugh.

Paragliding should be easier to control, put down a radio beacon and air drop.

I do agree it was fun but on some maps/modes it gives you clear access to enemy spawns.

28. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 25, 2012, 00:47 Mordecai Walfish

It's always those damn Russians!

IP ban russia = game patched. GG

27. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 25, 2012, 00:12 TangledThorns

I'm very annoyed that MAV riding will be removed Angry It made the gameplay fun! On certain maps snipers will be hard to get to now. Oman for example, now we'll have to rely on the few air vehicles there. Ugh.  

26. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 23:50 Wildone

Not much. Witnessed some guy on the russian team being able to spawn on the carrier at will and steal vehicles..  

25. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 22:22 LittleMe

Nate wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 20:00:
Have they stopped the cheaters yet? Stopped playing BF3 when that hit.

It seems better now, yes.

I for one am enjoying BF3 more than BC2. I'm only playing on the Oman 24/7 map servers for the past few weeks. BF3 isn't perfect, but I feel I've gotten my money's worth for a $43 pre-order. And in vanilla BF2, VOIP wasn't used or very helpful. Insurgency mode in Project Reality is a better game type than BF3 conquest.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

24. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 20:07 Dades

WarpCrow wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 17:00:
but I see people calling anyone who dares to enjoy the game a moron or a console kiddie for not sharing their level of ideological purity.

Ok, so why not lecture those people instead of everyone else?

Whatever this patch brings it'll most likely be the last "big" patch for the game, even though the game sold some 11 million copies DICE is crying about needing funds to continue support for the game in the form of selling DLC. That's the jest of it from reading their "tweets" about the game.

Money from sales goes to mothership EA, not Dice unfortunately.

23. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 20:00 Nate

Have they stopped the cheaters yet? Stopped playing BF3 when that hit.

I'd also agree that built-in VOIP is a major stupidity. I play pick-up games and I'd use it if it was available. The browser plug-in VOIP doesn't cut it.

22. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 18:45 MajorD

Teddy wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 18:33:
MajorD wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 18:08:
Please speak for yourselves, as most people would use it

I don't really care one way or the other about VOIP, but seriously? Do I really need to point out the flaw in this statement?

LOL!!! Good point, you got me. That's too funny....... Blush

21. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 18:33 Teddy

MajorD wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 18:08:
Please speak for yourselves, as most people would use it

I don't really care one way or the other about VOIP, but seriously? Do I really need to point out the flaw in this statement?

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 18:15 Dmitri_M

I enjoyed BF3. Yeah I wish it had mod tools, but hardly any titles these days do. I could bitch about the lack of LAN, but who LANs these days anyhow? LAN parties sadly went the way of sleepovers a long long time ago.

Far as player numbers reflecting dislike amongst the community. What are the top games right now? CS? MW? The current crop of gamers don't keep me playing multiplayer titles the way I might have in my youth.

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 18:08 MajorD

Yawn........wake me up when the PC patch is released.......you know, the one that will patch the game to the level it should have been when it initially shipped.

And for those who say, "'F' in game VOIP, whose gonna use it anyway?" Please speak for yourselves, as most people would use it, even if they are already using TeamSpeak, as there are still random people that will end up on your team that aren't in the same TeamSpeak channel with you that you'll want/need to communicate with. So nobody, in my mind, should downplay the importance and usefulness of it, and the fact that DICE should (have) included it in the first place. PERIOD!!!

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 17:23 ASeven

DangerDog wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 17:09:
I was disappointed that BF3 didn't have mod tools, but it's still a decent game. I'm a proud, card-carrying member of the PC Master Race, but the problem with so many PC gamers is that in order to satisfy them you need to fulfill every single element of a three page checklist and then price your game at half the price of its competitors or you apparently have a 'shitty game', and anyone who plays it is a moron. If I was a dev, I'd be tempted to disregard that snobbish, self-centered segment of the market too.

DICE have publicly stated that they consider the people who complain on the forums the over vocal minority, it doesn't phase them. I'm pretty sure it was a DICE dev/community manager that labeled the EA UK Battlefield forums "Mordor".

Shame that the numbers make the vocal minority look like the majority. Compare the supposed number of copies BF3 sold for the PC to the average player count per day for the game now. Where have the hundred of thousands of players gone? When there's been so many sales of a game and the numbers despite being 40K on average are still way lower than the numbers of copies sold then something is amiss with the game and perhaps people complaining may have a point in doing so.

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 17:09 DangerDog

DICE have publicly stated that they consider the people who complain on the forums the over vocal minority, it doesn't phase them. I'm pretty sure it was a DICE dev/community manager that labeled the EA UK Battlefield forums "Mordor".

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 17:00 WarpCrow

Dades wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 16:52:
I was disappointed that BF3 didn't have mod tools, but it's still a decent game. I'm a proud, card-carrying member of the PC Master Race, but the problem with so many PC gamers is that in order to satisfy them you need to fulfill every single element of a three page checklist

Most of the things people ask for are standardized in some form on other platforms or don't have an equivalent. Maybe you should go play some bad ports to understand why people want them. Is BF3 a decent game? Yes. Would it be enhanced with mod tools? Unquestionably. Are people unreasonable in asking for them? No, the previous games had them.

I was there during the transition from Modern Warfare 1 to Modern Warfare 2, and I boycotted MW2 as a result of the game's complete and utter transformation into a console-focused title. Unlike some, I stuck with it and CoD4 is still the last one I ever played. I understand the frustration. I just don't think it's gone far enough with BF3 to warrant the attitude I've seen from some people. That's not to say you can't have your own point of view, but I see people calling anyone who dares to enjoy the game a moron or a console kiddie for not sharing their level of ideological purity.

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 16:52 Dades

I was disappointed that BF3 didn't have mod tools, but it's still a decent game. I'm a proud, card-carrying member of the PC Master Race, but the problem with so many PC gamers is that in order to satisfy them you need to fulfill every single element of a three page checklist

Most of the things people ask for are standardized in some form on other platforms or don't have an equivalent. Maybe you should go play some bad ports to understand why people want them. Is BF3 a decent game? Yes. Would it be enhanced with mod tools? Unquestionably. Are people unreasonable in asking for them? No, the previous games had them.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo