Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage

Telltale Games Blog now offers Playing Dead: Episode 3, a "very special episode" of this series focused on Telltale's upcoming videogame adaptation of the Walking Dead series. They talk with Robert Kirkman, creator of the series, who explains how the game matters to the continuity of the comic series by exploring the lives of characters other than Rick. He also talks about how making a Walking Dead game in the veins of the many existing zombie shooters would be pointless, and how Telltales approach suits this material. The video also offers a look at footage from the game.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 26, 2012, 06:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

*EDIT* Ugh delete. My brain isn't working this early.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2012, 06:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 26, 2012, 05:10 xXBatmanXx

MuzixMon wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 16:24:
Wow, the Walking Dead series deserves SOOOO much better than this! UUgggh...

The thing is...it was already done....L4D.

I am not one for the click and watch. Was fun back in the day - but I think they could have made a better game here....looks like Leisure Suit Larry meets zombies or Full Throttle....I dunno. Probably going to pass.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

25. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 21:34 Halo

Beamer wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 17:03:
Halo wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 14:06:
You know The Walking Dead could be a reference to the doomed survivors and not zombies...

This is said sarcastically, right?

Forgot my Italic button. oops

24. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 17:03 Beamer

Halo wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 14:06:
You know The Walking Dead could be a reference to the doomed survivors and not zombies...

This is said sarcastically, right?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 14:06 Halo

22. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 10:52 Beamer

gilly775 wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 10:24:
bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 21:39:

i mean if you edited 30 seconds of random zombie footage into Days of Our Lives, the show would be more or less the same.

Actually, it might just make the show that much more interesting.

It would certianly be better written, and it would make more sense than Days of Our Lives.

"Count Montahue, you've returned. But I killed you last week!"
"BRAAAAAAINS."

-------------

21. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 10:24 gilly775

bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 21:39:

i mean if you edited 30 seconds of random zombie footage into Days of Our Lives, the show would be more or less the same.

Actually, it might just make the show that much more interesting.

20. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 02:08 OldTimber

Look the only important questions about the game is can you kill that annoying kid carl finally? along with useless lori and keep in character with t-dawg awww hell no.  

19. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 01:48 Jerykk

I want a full on action game and all they are giving us is some lame ass point and click and interact bullshit.

Uh, there are plenty of zombie action games out there already. Resident Evil 4 and 5, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Dead Island and countless others. The world doesn't need another mindless zombie action game. What it needs are more games that embrace what zombie fiction is actually about: survivors coping with the breakdown of society. Zombie games should be about interacting with other survivors, managing your resources and trying to survive in a world that's overwhelmingly hostile. Telltale's game looks to deal with those ideas and as such, I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to Dead State even more, though I'm not sure that game will ever be released.

18. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 01:24 born2expire

Battle of Yonkers, if you don't know that is, look it up. youtube will have the audio book with Mark Hamil read waino's part  

17. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 01:24 mickelobe

Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 23:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 21:08:
This series is playing the "tragic death oh noes" card way too often, particularly as nobody trains anyone in ACTUAL useful combat techniques, melee and silent take-downs, heck you could even use leg-slings (yes, like those in medieval times) to slow down zombies. It's kinda sad when the "redneck" is the only one with a proper clue in a series. Even RICK continues to shoot and wave his gun around, and so far he is a prime responsibility for each and every zombie attack. Lesson, ban guns. Allow NOBODY to carry one, step 2 - find silencers+compatible weapons, have EVERYONE carry them.

Screw that. Find a military base, get body armour and vehicles mounted with M60s anc crates of Law's rockets and some flamethrowers. Then go out and start mowing the zombies down en-masse.

As an assault weapons enthusiast I think the most practical firearm to fight hordes of zombies with would simply be any .22LR semi-automatic rifle with a magnified optic and preferably a suppressor.

Those slow zombies are impervious to anything but a brain scrambling head shot. Why waste good high-powered ammo when you can get the same result with a .22 long rifle cartridge and easily carry thousands of rounds with you in a shoulder bag?

Save the good stuff for killing the degenerate gangs of people that will want to rob you and rape your women lol.

16. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 25, 2012, 00:54 eRe4s3r

Burning zombies just are zombies with their own flame attack, World War Z did a good job describing the problems with your approach, you don't kill zombies that way, you leave ripped apart crawling zombies that can crawl up on you without you ever seeing them.

And laws .. how would you even use them in the zombie apocalypse... zombies just walk at you may kill 20 or so at best, and the other 500000 are now all walking towards you.. because you made the loudest noise in a 200km radius

15. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 23:10 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 21:08:
This series is playing the "tragic death oh noes" card way too often, particularly as nobody trains anyone in ACTUAL useful combat techniques, melee and silent take-downs, heck you could even use leg-slings (yes, like those in medieval times) to slow down zombies. It's kinda sad when the "redneck" is the only one with a proper clue in a series. Even RICK continues to shoot and wave his gun around, and so far he is a prime responsibility for each and every zombie attack. Lesson, ban guns. Allow NOBODY to carry one, step 2 - find silencers+compatible weapons, have EVERYONE carry them.

Screw that. Find a military base, get body armour and vehicles mounted with M60s anc crates of Law's rockets and some flamethrowers. Then go out and start mowing the zombies down en-masse.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

14. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 23:02 Ant

Is anyone really surprised? Why don't they just use L4D's engine and make it as a Walking Dead action game? I'd buy it!

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2012, 23:21.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

13. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 21:47 Beamer

Darks wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 17:32:
MuzixMon wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 16:24:
Wow, the Walking Dead series deserves SOOOO much better than this! UUgggh...

Man, I couldn’t agree more. I saw the game play and though oh my god how fucking stupid and bad. I want a full on action game and all they are giving us is some lame ass point and click and interact bullshit.

Game is complete fail, I won’t be wasting my money on this nor would I even pirate it.

So it's just like the TV show.

-------------

12. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 21:39 bigspender

gilly775 wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 19:34:
bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 19:01:
EDIT: seems like max brooks is the only person that can do zombies right... lets hope this will be as good as the books (yeah i know...) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

walking dead is 2 dimensional boring people arguing amount stuff that seems pretty irrelevant for 95% of each episode, and then a 60 second zombie encounter... yay.. NOT.

they are up to like 20 episodes or something and yet, the dumb idiots are still don't have any type of body armour, they don't have walkie talkies (thats what they should call the show actually, cause thats all that bloody HAPPENS!!) or any other kind of communication devices, they didn't even have an escape plan from their location.

i periodically watch an episode when nothing else is on, and its always dissapointing.

/nerdrage

back to breakfast

Awesome. Another person who doesn't get it. Look WD is a story of psychological horror between people themselves in a situation of a zombie apocalypse. It's not a flat out gore type of show where you get to see consistent blood and guts. If you want that, there probably thousands of "B" flick movies to satisfy your quench.

This show looks at it from the human side. Think about what would you do in this situation. Power struggles? Probably. Hysterical people? Yes. Would you find body armor? Probably not. Walkie Talkies? Maybe not if other survivors got to them first. Rick basically said in the last episode that they need a safe place to live in. That's few and far between. Look at it from the psychological point. Just because you think you get it doesn't mean everyone else does.

You really don't know how you or anyone else would react.

There is plenty of gore in the show, thats not what i'm annoyed at. I'm annoyed at the show taking a really interesting concept - end of the world / zombies / survival - and then making it completely boring - that must take a lot of skill to do lol

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

11. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 21:08 eRe4s3r

Well one thing thats 100% sure is that I would not go for guns whenever I see a zombie, melee with mace/hammer, or distance with bow/cross-bow

So far there wasn't a single death in this series that could not have been prevented by teaching these people proper hand-to-hand combat techniques.. and the (now dead twice ,p) girl lost in those woods, she should have been taught survival techniques just like anyone else.

I get your point, it's about the people and their ignoring of the situation. Despite the fact that said Ignorance is getting people killed nearly every 3rd episode. It is entertaining IMO but realistic.. well.. hopefully not really. If that's how 99% of the survivors behave after War-Z then one might be better off alone ,p

10. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 20:34 Fion

Bad game based off a cringe worthy tv show based off a good comic.  

9. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 19:34 gilly775

bigspender wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 19:01:
EDIT: seems like max brooks is the only person that can do zombies right... lets hope this will be as good as the books (yeah i know...) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

walking dead is 2 dimensional boring people arguing amount stuff that seems pretty irrelevant for 95% of each episode, and then a 60 second zombie encounter... yay.. NOT.

they are up to like 20 episodes or something and yet, the dumb idiots are still don't have any type of body armour, they don't have walkie talkies (thats what they should call the show actually, cause thats all that bloody HAPPENS!!) or any other kind of communication devices, they didn't even have an escape plan from their location.

i periodically watch an episode when nothing else is on, and its always dissapointing.

/nerdrage

back to breakfast

Awesome. Another person who doesn't get it. Look WD is a story of psychological horror between people themselves in a situation of a zombie apocalypse. It's not a flat out gore type of show where you get to see consistent blood and guts. If you want that, there probably thousands of "B" flick movies to satisfy your quench.

This show looks at it from the human side. Think about what would you do in this situation. Power struggles? Probably. Hysterical people? Yes. Would you find body armor? Probably not. Walkie Talkies? Maybe not if other survivors got to them first. Rick basically said in the last episode that they need a safe place to live in. That's few and far between. Look at it from the psychological point. Just because you think you get it doesn't mean everyone else does.

You really don't know how you or anyone else would react.

8. Re: Walking Dead Details; Gameplay Footage Mar 24, 2012, 19:01 bigspender

/nerdrage

back to breakfast

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2012, 19:08.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo