Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Legend of Grimrock Gold

The Legend of Grimrock Blog has news that Almost Human's dungeon crawler is gold, and will presumably soon be released for Windows and OS X. The announcement speaks of their plans for an editor, an iOS version, and being destitute: "Itís been a long and challenging journey but we have finally reached this important milestone. But we donít think itís the end of the road, more like a fork in the road with ways branching into all sorts of interesting directions: iOS, Mac, map editor, sequel, new IP, living in a dumpster totally brokeÖ"

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 16:09 saluk

Short and sweet, just how I like it. I have enough 30 hour games on my list that I've only played 10 hours of. As long as it's priced accordingly, and the game looks great.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 16:02 JediPunisher

Hell Yes! I've been looking forward to this game for months. Boogie

For those who complain about the 10 hour length, grab some graph paper and play it in hardcore mode (no automap).

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2012, 16:11.

23. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 11:02 wtf_man

The original Wizardry only had 10 levels... but took forever to get through. That was due to how hard it was to get through a level without going back up to town to sell your stuff and rez your dead party members.

That said... I may wait until it's released and folks can give an estimate of how short it really is. If it's real short... I'll probably only buy the IOS version, then.

22. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 10:06 Burrito of Peace

Holy shit, how did I miss this?

EOB and DM rank up in my top ten games of all time!

Day one buy. Period.

21. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 09:53 DaHauns

Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 03:10:
A game like this built for auto-levels. No need to handcraft a straight up dungeon crawl - though that's always a plus.

TBH, I wouldn't want that with random dungeons. There are enough of those around. A good handcrafted dungeon crawl, where thought was put into each level, puzzle, trap and encounter design hasn't been around for a while.

20. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 08:01 Silicon Avatar

CythrawL wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 23:48:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 23:14:
Too bad. I was interested until you guys said it was short.

What's a dungeon crawl with no crawl? I need at least 50 levels to get an old-school fix out of this.

Umm Dungeon Master had only 14 levels. The design and puzzles made it feel like there was MUCH more..

Eye of the Beholder 1 had even less at only 12 levels. But still it was a solid game that many people put a lot of time into.

Eye of the Beholder 2 had 15 levels, only ONE more than Dungeon Master. And yet MANY people would swear if felt like a LOT more than that..

Seriously where did YOU get your old school Dungeon crawl fix?

Might and Magic series. Those games were often huge. That is what I was hoping for.

Eye of the Beholder was pretty good, so I'll give you that. EOB lasted longer than ten hours though.

We'll see.

19. No subject Mar 24, 2012, 07:22 lollollol

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 11:13.

18. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 03:31 Draugr

I recall Seeing one of the devs say It's 10+ hours on the first playthrough.
As awesome as it would be for it to be longer, they are just four guys you can't expect too much, otherwise we may never have seen it.

17. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 03:10 Cutter

A game like this built for auto-levels. No need to handcraft a straight up dungeon crawl - though that's always a plus.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 01:27 Wolfen

Of course this happens right when I am leaving the country. ugh  

15. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 00:34 nin

What's a dungeon crawl with no crawl? I need at least 50 levels to get an old-school fix out of this.

This is an indie team, and we've not played the final product. Give them a chance.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 00:25 LittleMe

Great news!! Congrats to AH. I hope they do well and make an even better sequel!  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

13. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 00:21 flechett3

15 levels, really? Excuse me while I go back to Angband and go down 100 to kill Morgoth.  

12. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 00:15 HorrorScope

I'm not sure if you can figure length by level. But I read this is only 10 hours long.  

11. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 23, 2012, 23:48 CythrawL

Umm Dungeon Master had only 14 levels. The design and puzzles made it feel like there was MUCH more..

Eye of the Beholder 1 had even less at only 12 levels. But still it was a solid game that many people put a lot of time into.

Eye of the Beholder 2 had 15 levels, only ONE more than Dungeon Master. And yet MANY people would swear if felt like a LOT more than that..

Seriously where did YOU get your old school Dungeon crawl fix?

10. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 23, 2012, 23:14 Silicon Avatar

9. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 23, 2012, 22:50 ASeven

DangerDog wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 22:45:
I'm not expecting a 100 level dungeon crawl but where are you getting news that it's a short game?

The devs themselves, they said the game was rather short, someone can provide a link I'm sure.

8. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 23, 2012, 22:45 DangerDog

I'm not expecting a 100 level dungeon crawl but where are you getting news that it's a short game?  

7. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 23, 2012, 22:25 HorrorScope

The only issue I've heard is the length, seems ultra short for that style of game. That said, I'm still supporting it. Another game I started playing is Dungeons of Dredmor as many know that is a crazy good throw back game as well.  

6. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 23, 2012, 21:37 Icewind

Alamar wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 20:54:
And the people rejoiced...

Was just looking at some M&M games (6-8) myself... Tempting...

-Alamar

With a name like Alamar, no wonder you want Might & Magic games. I do too. (Though more like M&M3-5)

This game is much more like Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master though. Stonekeep, if you don't mind that game sucking.

Really looking forward to it and hope it takes off.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo