Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We're doing a little tidying up as WalterEgo is bringing our nieces down for a visit. This will be a little different for me than dealing with the Smurfs, since I'm just an overgrown boy myself, so it will be interesting to see how it's different entertaining girls. I wonder if there's a tea party in the works?

Tea Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Pocket Creature.
Stories: The Man Who Broke Atlantic City. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Solar Storm Dumps Gigawatts into Earth's Upper Atmosphere. Thanks brother19.
Coldest, Deepest Ocean Water Disappearing. Thanks dakslf.
Media: The Fringe Team's Favorite "Walterisms". Thanks Dave.
Breitbart reporter ambushes Bono impersonator by mistake.
Bollywood Version Of Assassin’s Creed.
Auction: Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine for Sale.
Follow-up: Flying Bird Man Admits Hoax On TV.
Whitney Houston's cause of death- Accidental drowning, cocaine use, heart disease.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2012, 18:38 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 19:04:
And the only difference between Whitney and any other person is that they were famous. Where is it written that famous people are immortal, and unable to make the mistakes/whatever 'normal' people do?

Brings up 2 cliche's.
Money doesn't buy happiness.
We are only human.

But I did get to meet and chat with Keith Colburn (Captain of the Wizard from Deadliest Catch), for about an hour today. Amazing guy, very down to earth and good natured. But he said one thing that was interesting. They record upwards of 16,000 hours of footage that is cut down to 45 min shows for a season.

Well yea - it is like watching the poker series on tv. Takes a long ass time for something exciting to happen. You ever been on a boat? It is boring as hell!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 19:16 nin

Brings up 2 cliche's.
We are only human.

Don't forget "Crack is whack"...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 19:04 The Half Elf

And the only difference between Whitney and any other person is that they were famous. Where is it written that famous people are immortal, and unable to make the mistakes/whatever 'normal' people do?

Brings up 2 cliche's.
We are only human.

But I did get to meet and chat with Keith Colburn (Captain of the Wizard from Deadliest Catch), for about an hour today. Amazing guy, very down to earth and good natured. But he said one thing that was interesting. They record upwards of 16,000 hours of footage that is cut down to 45 min shows for a season.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 17:37 Cutter

nin wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 13:48:
It's sort of sad that these weak people can't get the help they need before doing themselves in with their own weaknesses

It really is. And it bugs me that it's no secret that most drugs will do you in eventually, yet some people think they're in control enough to know when to stop.

It's nothing new, and it's sad that it still keeps happening, sometimes to very talented people that should know better.

No one gets out alive so you may as well live it up. There are people who are pretty boring and squeaky clean their whole lives and they're the ones you always read about getting schmucked by a bus as they're going to the store to get some bread.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 15:22 PHJF

Being a good singer has neither bearing on one's intelligence nor wisdom. Statistically you'd likely find those features inversely proportional.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 13:48 nin

It's sort of sad that these weak people can't get the help they need before doing themselves in with their own weaknesses

It really is. And it bugs me that it's no secret that most drugs will do you in eventually, yet some people think they're in control enough to know when to stop.

It's nothing new, and it's sad that it still keeps happening, sometimes to very talented people that should know better.

4. Entertaining the girls... Mar 23, 2012, 13:44 jdreyer

My daughter likes to play cards, read mystery novels, and plan Supreme Commander. So those are my suggestions.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 12:52 Prez

LOL at nin, you cheeky bastard!

As I have been saying since the hoopla surrounding Elvis Presley's death when I was seven, and has been proven again and again with the likes of Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, and now Houston, dying is a great way to become relevent again. Death is a great career move.

It's sort of sad that these weak people can't get the help they need before doing themselves in with their own weaknesses, surrounded by "friends" as celebrities usually are.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 12:36 Lorcin

nin wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 11:09:
"And IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIII...

WILL ALWAYS <snort>..."

Too soon???

lol nope

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 11:09 nin

"And IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIII...

WILL ALWAYS <snort>..."

Too soon???

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo