Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 23, 2012, 08:42 SXO

The only people with "fear" over hardware improvements are the devs that work for the major publishers who comb through every dollar spent on big budget titles. I think the reality of the situation will allay any fears some may have. The newest engines make some processes that ate up loads of development time much easier. And with the improved hardware, less work has to go into optimizing games to make sure they can actually maintain a target fps.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 23, 2012, 02:52 Prez

How does one put fear into others' eyes? In the hearts of others, or the minds, okay. But the eyes? Kind of a weird statement. Almost as weird as this nitpicky post is pointless.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 22, 2012, 23:29 swedishfriend

There may be fewer middle-of-the road games next generation but smaller teams will surely have a greater presence as evidenced by Xbox Live Arcade and PSN. He is right that games shouldn't cost much more in fact it may go down for top of the line games since the original art assets will be the same but there will be less optimization needed to fit the memory footprint and to match the processing capabilities. Better AI and physics routines shouldn't add too much to the cost I would think.  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 22, 2012, 23:05 Ozmodan

Matt Martin needs to learn how to write an article. If you are going to make a statement that the next gen consoles are putting fear in a lot of peoples eyes, you have to back up that statement with at least a little bit of reasoning. What a terrible article.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo