Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling tweets that this is a double XP weekend in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, their military shooter sequel. He says this is for all platforms, later reconfirming this even means the PC, the bastard step-child of the franchise, apologizing to neglected PC gamers admitting: "I'm sorry, I know you guys get the short end seemingly a lot."

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 12:02 Quboid

Actions speak louder than tweets.

I know consoles tend to make more money, especially for this sort of game, and I think it's naive to expect anything other than for attention to be spent accordingly, but that doesn't mean you take the piss out of us.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 11:52 TurdFergasun

coldcut wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:30:
What's wrong with the term "all platforms" in the first place?

because in the eyes of the IW profit locusts, some platform are more equal than others, and get different levels of treatment.

14. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 11:48 InBlack

Hehehe, sorry for being so anal. Slow day at work I guess...  

I have a nifty blue line!

13. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 11:38 ASeven

InBlack wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:18:
MajorD wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:03:
Blah, blah, blah.....if it wasn't the SOS all over again we might care, but on the other hand, if you recognize that we get the short end 'seemingly' (understatement) a lot, then why don't you make a push to do something about it? Talk is cheap Jackweed!

Yup, it pretty much comes down to what ASeven posted below…….

Except for the free part, because you see the weekend isnt free, its a double XP weekend for those who already have the game.

/facepalm

Sheesh, I'm going to correct it. Sheesh!

12. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 11:33 NegaDeath

Apologies are nice. Actually following through with the apology and changing your act is better.

Way too much of the former, not enough of the latter.

11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 11:30 coldcut

What's wrong with the term "all platforms" in the first place?  

10. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 11:23 MajorD

Yup, you're right, I sit corrected.....But a 'facepalm'? ;-)

Regardless, it is still a load of hogwash!

9. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 11:18 InBlack

MajorD wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:03:
Blah, blah, blah.....if it wasn't the SOS all over again we might care, but on the other hand, if you recognize that we get the short end 'seemingly' (understatement) a lot, then why don't you make a push to do something about it? Talk is cheap Jackweed!

Except for the free part, because you see the weekend isnt free, its a double XP weekend for those who already have the game.

/facepalm

8. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 11:03 MajorD

7. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 11:00 Glykon

**** Infinity Ward I wont buy any games from them anymore, same with Funcom or Bioware  

6. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 10:59 Elessar

Dude, you're better off just not saying anything. Cause the phrase "fuck off" comes to mind now that you opened your mouth. Ironically, he's the PR guy right?  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

5. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 10:43 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 10:30:
"seemingly?"

Creston
Yeah exactly.

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 10:33 RailWizard

Diaf  

3. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 10:32 InBlack

ASeven wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 10:28:
Wait guys, we have a free weekend which means more sales. Quick, say something nice to PC gamers to see if they buy more copies and then we can forget all about them again!

Its a double XP weekend. Nothing free about it. Its also Modern Warfare 3. I think Im going to puke.

2. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 10:30 Creston

"seemingly?"

Creston

1. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 10:28 ASeven

Wait guys, we have a free and/or XP weekend which means more sales. Quick, say something nice to PC gamers to see if they buy more copies and then we can forget all about them again!

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2012, 11:38.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo