Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Mists of Pandaria Beta Live

The World of Warcraft Website announces the Mists of Pandaria beta test is live in Blizzard's MMORPG. They say those selected to participate will receive an email invitation , though they warn to remain vigilant for potential phishing attempts. There is no NDA involved, so this will likely provoke a flood of previews and media. Here's more on the testing:

The World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™ beta test has begun! Over the course of the test, we’ll be inviting Annual Pass holders, press, fansites, friends and family, and opt-in beta testers to participate. This first phase of the beta focuses on the 1-10 starting experience for new Pandaren. High-level content as well as template characters will become available in future beta updates, but you can still copy over your own high level characters now if you’d like to test the new talent system.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 23, 2012, 05:41 Kajetan

entr0py wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 15:41:
I mean what else are they going to do, try and come up with something new?
The Emerald Dream is a VAST ressource for at least one addon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 23, 2012, 02:42 Muscular Beaver

Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 10:41:
It is still a good game and doesn't really have a solid competitor.

GW2 will steal some subscribers but it will not be a wow-killer.

Hopefully something comes along and replaces WoW in terms of content and quality before I'm too arthritic to play games.

It was a good game. Cataclysm and following patches made it go down the drain. For a long time PvP kept me playing, but after Cata they even completely fucked that up (and it already was pretty fucked up before that). Not even the easier to obtain arena equipment could save it for me.
Also lag got more and more. Before Cata, it was super fast, low ping, good response. Even 12 months after Cata it felt like they got 5 Million more subscribers while leaving the network capabilities the same. But in fact they lost quite a few subscribers.
So once again, they saved on the wrong ends...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

14. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 15:41 entr0py

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 12:58:
Optional nickname wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 12:35:

Totally catering to Asian market, where Blizzard hopes to maintain the 10mil subscription line .
Not so much as you'd think. Cute is a much larger driver.

I think they're just scraping the bottom of their own barrel. Pandarans are the only race from Warcraft 3 that hasn't been used in World of Warcraft yet.

I mean what else are they going to do, try and come up with something new? Besides, I liked the little drunkard Panda dressed like a Chinaman.

13. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 12:58 Mashiki Amiketo

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 12:35:

Totally catering to Asian market, where Blizzard hopes to maintain the 10mil subscription line .
Not so much as you'd think. Cute is a much larger driver.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 12:35 Optional nickname

avianflu wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:45:
Furry plump panda bears of all things? Are they appealing to kids?

11. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 11:54 Jonny

avianflu wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:45:

Given that the theme of the expansion is the brutality of war between Alliance and Horde, culminating in the Horde's Warchief doing something so horrendous even his own people turn on him, I'd guess it's not more kid-targeted than it usually is.

10. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 11:45 avianflu

9. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 11:36 Creston

The Pandaren Brewmaster in Warcraft 3 was teh shizz.

"NAAAAME YOUR POISON!"

Whether I'd make an entire expansion around him... not so sure.

Creston

8. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 11:20 InBlack

Have you seen the female Panda?

Fuck yeah thats some hot furry shit right there!

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 10:47 nin

they seem to have learned from the tedium that was Cata when I quit.

I hope you're right. I admit, a number of changes I've seen, both recent (LFR, reasonable heroics, transmog) and upcoming (more reasonable heroics, story based stuff that doesn't require a tank/healer/3 DPS config), look promising.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 10:44 MattyC

nin wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 10:15:
With no NDA and so much of it being shown, I can't help but think they're doing everything they can to lure people back.

Based on what I have seen, I think they are doing a good job with it. I have no idea if all their promises will pan out, but they have said a lot of things that sound good in the panda pack. Transmog... whatever is also a nice touch. I raided at a very high level in vanilla, but have been getting more and more casual since. There was very little for me to do in early Cata, so I simply quit. I recently was brought back via the scroll of res program and I am having fun. More things to do, heroics that aren't 50+ minutes long (I don't mind difficulty, but if I am expected to farm something daily it can't be super long. I have work, real life stuff, and class) etc.

Not sure if I will even resub, much less get the MoP expansion, but they seem to have learned from the tedium that was Cata when I quit.

5. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 10:41 Fibrocyte

It is still a good game and doesn't really have a solid competitor.

GW2 will steal some subscribers but it will not be a wow-killer.

Hopefully something comes along and replaces WoW in terms of content and quality before I'm too arthritic to play games.

4. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 10:34 InBlack

Furries!  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 10:32 nin

Oh yeah, it's not going anywhere. Even if they half their subscription (which will still take years), 5 million customers is still impressive.

2. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 10:27 ASeven

It's obvious they're bleeding subscribers away but they have such a massive subscriber base that it'll probably be years until the bleeding starts to really hurt Activision, unless that bleeding suddenly accelerates in the coming months and doesn't stop its pace. I mean the game is very old by now, I'm surprised it managed to hang on all these years though by now I won't be surprised if it'll hang on more years into the future.  

1. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 10:15 nin

With no NDA and so much of it being shown, I can't help but think they're doing everything they can to lure people back.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo