Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act

The Entertainment Consumers Association now offers a resource for gamers in the U.S. to contact their representatives to express opposition to the H.R. 4204, the recently revealed bill that will require health warnings on video games in the U.S. should it be passed into law. They refute the science behind the warnings the "Violence in Video Games Labeling Act" would mandate, state the bill is also unconstitutional, and can help you inform congress of your opinion on this matter.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 17:12 WarpCrow

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:43:
Congress is basically pulling a Bioware (or is Bioware pulling a Congress?)

Keep saying / doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until finally the detractors get tired of fighting it and go away.

Sadly, Congress is doing it with my fucking tax money.

Creston

Nah, SOPA/PIPA and related measures are examples of what you're talking about, and it's not a new tactic. This is just 'for the children' pandering. I doubt whether the politicians involved actually care if it passes, they just want to be seen supporting it so it looks like they're trying to protect kids from eeeevil video game influence.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 12:03 Quboid

I'd rather it was being argued on the bases that it's bullshit; unproven and insulting.  

- Quboid

7. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 12:02 Verno

It's completely absurd, as if a fucking label is going to stop a kid ordering it from Amazon with a prepaid Visa card or something. Law for the sake of having it and on our dime to boot.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

6. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 11:43 Creston

Congress is basically pulling a Bioware (or is Bioware pulling a Congress?)

Keep saying / doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until finally the detractors get tired of fighting it and go away.

Sadly, Congress is doing it with my fucking tax money.

Creston

5. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 11:42 mch

No doubt the ESA will also oppose this legislation, though, since they established the ESRB. So your claim of hypocrisy is probably still valid.  
PSN: CaseDesignate

4. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 11:09 necrosis

I love how they want to slap label's on games that state things that have not been 100% proven.  

3. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 10:58 ASeven

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 10:34:
ASeven wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 10:24:
Yet when it came to SOPA these cunts had no problem supporting that law. It's fine as long as it protects our freedoms but when it comes to gamer's freedoms they can do anything. Fucking hypocrites.

That was the Entertainment SOFTWARE Association, a totally different group that represents the industry. Not the biggest fan of the ECA either but they don't represent publishers.

I stand corrected then.

2. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 10:34 Parallax Abstraction

ASeven wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 10:24:
Yet when it came to SOPA these cunts had no problem supporting that law. It's fine as long as it protects our freedoms but when it comes to gamer's freedoms they can do anything. Fucking hypocrites.

That was the Entertainment SOFTWARE Association, a totally different group that represents the industry. Not the biggest fan of the ECA either but they don't represent publishers.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

1. Re: ECA vs Video Games Labeling Act Mar 22, 2012, 10:24 ASeven

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo