Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vanguard Going Free-to-Play

The March 2012 Vanguard Producer's Letter announces Vanguard is going free-to-play. Here's word on the MMORPG jumping on the free bandwagon, or off the sinking subscription ship, depending on your outlook:

At SOE, giving players choices is the theme of how we're moving forward as a company. We see free-to-play (or as we refer to it, Free to Play. Your Way.) as a big part of our future and we like the flexibility it offers players. Therefore, I'm happy to announce Vanguard will be the next in line of our AAA games to make this transition. Since we've literally just begun on the work, I'm not ready to go into much detail. However, I will say that you can expect something similar to EverQuest®, EverQuest® II and DC Universe™ Online

View
5. Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play Mar 22, 2012, 12:29 Acleacius

I would love to go *WOOT!* but this is soe. They gave us EQ2 and EQ1 F2P, which are both fails compared to the system of LotRO and so many others.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 22, 11:02 Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play Illumin
  2. Mar 22, 11:03  Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play nin
  4. Mar 22, 12:24   Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play Agent.X7
  3. Mar 22, 12:23  Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play SimplyMonk
  9. Mar 22, 14:18   Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play Trevellian
  10. Mar 22, 15:34    Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play wtf_man
  11. Mar 22, 18:45     Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play MuzixMon
  12. Mar 23, 09:09      Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play MisterBenn
  13. Mar 23, 09:27      Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play Ant
>> 5. Mar 22, 12:29 Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play Acleacius