Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hardware Reviews

View
6. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 22, 2012, 16:10 Ray Marden

Rumors are the 680 was going to be the mainstream performance model, but that AMD's new line was so lackluster that the 680 was able to compete with the 7970. As such, we were stripped of a mainstream card and Nvidia is allowed to slap a $500.00 tag on it.

AMD will be pushing a dual-GPU solution and trying to come out with some faster models, but NvIdiA already has its own dual-GPU solution in the works and - again, based on rumors - the true high end card from nvidia trounces anything AMD can come up with.

That aside...I just purchased a 7870. I was running a 2GB 6950, but my wife got a new system so I tossed that into hers and bought the 7870 for $350. As others have noted, there is no real need for this, especially on the PC side of things, and I would not have purchased this if not for the overall situation. And a $500 card? Two $500 cards? A $800+ card? Forget it.
New cards with $$$ premiums just barely beating year old cards. Yay.
Nothing that the $300+ market has to wait another two months or so for its model,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 22, 14:27 Re: Hardware Reviews Bucky
  2. Mar 22, 15:10  Re: Hardware Reviews SpectralMeat
  4. Mar 22, 15:33   Re: Hardware Reviews killer_roach
  7. Mar 22, 19:01   Re: Hardware Reviews Lorcin
  3. Mar 22, 15:27 Re: Hardware Reviews Verno
  5. Mar 22, 15:41 Re: Hardware Reviews jacobvandy