Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Wow, Tim Tebow coming to the Jets? Just when I thought the hype couldn't escalate, Tebowmania moves to New York. Just wow. Well, I love a good dose of chaos (as long as it doesn't involve my team), so this should be awesome to watch. Where's my popcorn?

Chaotic Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Pirates of the Stupid Seas.
Links: Laser Cut Omni Tool From Mass Effect Series.
Stories: Syfy Partly Scraps "Blood & Chrome". Thanks nin.
Pop! Goes the Law School Bubble. Thanks Boing Boing.
Firefighters In Drag Hitch Up Skirts To Put Out Truck Fire. Thanks Digg.
Media: Splinter Cell Fan Series.
Mad Men: the Game.
Follow-up: "Fringe" Gets A Comic To Wrap Things Up.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 18:20 xXBatmanXx

I think it is funny you guys are bitching about Tebow - but that is the only thing people are talking about in here. I don't care either way. He is a pretty damn good player for how young he is. I look forward to watching him some more.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 15:25 Prez

That's funny, since pretty much the entire Republican field of candidates are trying to outdo each other with how fast and how thoroughly they intend to turn the U.S. into a Christian theocracy.

Even if they wanted to (which they probably don't), they would never be able to. It's just politics - they are trying to appeal the not-insignificant religious fanatic portion of their voter base. Everything everyone says while campaigning is patronizing bullshit. The only thing anyone who intends to vote in an election can do is try to determine who will be least sleazy and corrupt when put into power. Me, I can't vote the sleazy, incompetent retard in there now out fast enough. The crapshoot is whether I put an equally incompetent sleazeball in his place. Ah, isn't politics fun?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 10:25 Beamer

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 13:54:
PHJF wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 12:01:
So what's the difference? Oh yes, Tebow is open about being a Christian. And that's no longer really allowed.

Unless you want to run for office, in which case you have to mention it every time you open your fucking mouth.

Oh nos the big scary Christians. I'm not even religious and it doesn't bother me. I'd say the whole political correctness that's rampant these days is a far bigger threat than Christianity.

You're one of those people that goes "but Zimmerman was hispanic!" aren't you?

In any case, Tebow is an awful QB. Denver had to invent an entirely new offense around him. If Sanchez goes down the Jets can't just put Tebow in his place, because Tebow can't operate like that. His arm sucks. That doesn't get better. Football sense gets better, experience gets better, but Tebow has incredible sense and pretty good experience. It's his physical skills that aren't there, and those aren't likely to suddenly appear in his mid-20s. However, using him on one play every or every other possession isn't a terrible idea - throw him out there and any defense will be confused. Will Sanchez throw the ball? Will he give it to a RB? Will he give it to Tebow? Will Tebow throw the ball? Will he run?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2012, 09:43 nin

Ghola wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 23:28:
I hope FOX keeps Fringe for another season so they can wrap up the story-lines. I hate unfinished series and early cancellations. FOX seems to be the worst at cutting series off at the knees.

I guess it's good they've held on this long (Fox has canceled/ended other shows this spring, but still no word on Fringe), but I keep hoping we'll have an answer soon.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 23:28 Ghola

I hope FOX keeps Fringe for another season so they can wrap up the story-lines. I hate unfinished series and early cancellations. FOX seems to be the worst at cutting series off at the knees.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 23:25 Ghola

nin wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:27:
Oh and as someone posted elsewhere on the net: Hey netflix - fuck that terra nova crap, why not take Blood and Chrome?

Couldn't agree more

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 23:03 Wowbagger_TIP

DNForever wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 22:30:
Might not be a bad idea the way things have been going. Unless it's Santorum. But Romney is probably their guy.

That's funny, since pretty much the entire Republican field of candidates are trying to outdo each other with how fast and how thoroughly they intend to turn the U.S. into a Christian theocracy.
Not sure what you mean, and I'm afraid to ask.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 22:35 jdreyer

nin wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:27:
Oh and as someone posted elsewhere on the net: Hey netflix - fuck that terra nova crap, why not take Blood and Chrome?

THIS.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 22:30 DNForever

Might not be a bad idea the way things have been going. Unless it's Santorum. But Romney is probably their guy.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 21:06 Dmitri_M

I've seen people complaining about Tebow Mania all over the internet..

I don't live in the States. What is a Tebow.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 15:31 Creston

mag wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 12:35:
Alright, I didn't see many of Tebow's games, but in all of the ones I did see it was impossible to argue that he was actually a good player. He had lucky break after lucky break against truly atrocious teams, and then he beat an injured Steelers team.

Right. I'm not saying he's a good QB. He might never BE a good QB. (though he actually played very well against the Steelers, their injuries notwithstanding.)

All I'm saying is he was a ROOKIE QB. I don't think there's ever been a rookie QB that's ever been as lambasted as much as he is. Even Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell didn't get this much shit. And they were far, far worse.

Running the ball on every play like he does, he wouldn't last more than a couple of seasons as a starter.

No, he probably wouldn't. So? Not every QB is another Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Some will turn out to be the Jeff Georges of the world. Or worse.

Creston

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 14:00 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 13:54:
So what's the difference? Oh yes, Tebow is open about being a Christian. And that's no longer really allowed.

Unless you want to run for office, in which case you have to mention it every time you open your fucking mouth.

Oh nos the big scary Christians. I'm not even religious and it doesn't bother me. I'd say the whole political correctness that's rampant these days is a far bigger threat than Christianity.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 13:54 RollinThundr

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 13:26 w34sl3

I can agree with you that running the ball will lead to him getting hurt. Just look at QB's who have ran alot in the past and you can see then getting crunched. But I think he proved he had the ability to be a QB in the league when he beat the steelers with his arm. You can say they were an injured team or what not, but that didnt make Tebow throw any better. It just made the game plan work better, tebow still had to make the throws. So he has the ability, like alot of QB's coming out of college, its a matter of developing into a better QB than just a quick look and run guy.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 13:25 Cutter

Yeah, Timmy 'Spread Option' Tebow should have an illustrious career in the NFL. Someone just needs to let him know that's it's not college ball anymore. He should be fine after that. Rolleyes

And wooo! Did Payton and the Saints ever get F'd in the A and deservedly so. In fact Goodell didn't go far enough, but he's a corporate scumbag so no surprise there. The whole fucking team should be out for the season! I don't know if this is worse or what Bill Belicheat and the New England Cheatriots do?

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 13:04 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 11:50:
It's practically required, you mean. Hell, that's part of why he gets so much attention from the MSM. He's so inspirational and all that.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 12:35 mag

Something tells me that Nacho isn't going to be happy.

nin wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 10:58:
tebowtebowtebowtebowgoddamantebowtebowtebowsosickoffuckingtebowtebowtebow...

It's not really HIS fault. It's not like he's attention whoring like Brett Favre. The media has decided to focus on him as the next good player that they can trash mercilessly. Ben Roethlisberger SUUUUCCCKKEED in his first season too, but the Steelers went 15-1 because they were a fantastic team, and all the media clowns just went "Well, he's working in the system! He's learning! He's a great QB."

When Tebow went 7-1, or whatever it was in that stretch, most of them were bleating "He sucks! He can't do anything! He has to stick in the system!"

(Btw, not implying that Tebow's going to be as good as Roethlisberger, who did become one of the top ten, maybe top five QBs in the league.)

Creston

Alright, I didn't see many of Tebow's games, but in all of the ones I did see it was impossible to argue that he was actually a good player. He had lucky break after lucky break against truly atrocious teams, and then he beat an injured Steelers team.

Running the ball on every play like he does, he wouldn't last more than a couple of seasons as a starter.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 12:01 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 11:59 InBlack

Creston

Why not?

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 11:50 Creston

Something tells me that Nacho isn't going to be happy.

nin wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 10:58:
tebowtebowtebowtebowgoddamantebowtebowtebowsosickoffuckingtebowtebowtebow...

It's not really HIS fault. It's not like he's attention whoring like Brett Favre. The media has decided to focus on him as the next good player that they can trash mercilessly. Ben Roethlisberger SUUUUCCCKKEED in his first season too, but the Steelers went 15-1 because they were a fantastic team, and all the media clowns just went "Well, he's working in the system! He's learning! He's a great QB."

When Tebow went 7-1, or whatever it was in that stretch, most of them were bleating "He sucks! He can't do anything! He has to stick in the system!"

(Btw, not implying that Tebow's going to be as good as Roethlisberger, who did become one of the top ten, maybe top five QBs in the league.)

Creston

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo