Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer

Ubisoft has released a new trailer from Far Cry 3 showing off gameplay centered on the Dr. Earnhardt character in the upcoming first-person shooter sequel. Here's their description: "Check out the action-packed shooter gameplay and immersive world of Far Cry 3 through the troubled eyes of Dr. Earnhardt, the island's resident 'pharmacist.' Use an arsenal of weapons, explosives and vehicles to fight against the island's ruthless and deranged inhabitants. Explore a stunning and treacherous environment, filled with diverse terrain, exotic creatures and mind-bending botanicals." See if you can convince the bouncer you're old enough to view this:

View
17. Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Mar 22, 2012, 09:19 Rigs

I was thinking the same thing about the shadows in the greenhouse. Glad I'm not the only one being nit-picky! I assume this is on the CryEngine3? In the two years since Crysis2, you'd think they could've worked the engine a little? Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but it just doesn't go over to...great. Almost, you can see the potential, but it's just a little short, IMO. Plus, my nit-pick list...

1. First off, the good: Those cutscenes in the first trailer were fuckin' awesome! Very realistic, very amazing! I like that they're getting away from the 'plastic face' look, finally...not that has any bearing on the gameplay or the current trailer, I'm just sayin'...

B) Along with the '1 guy against 1000' theme, it's ok if it's done right. If I can be like John McClane then who the fuck cares, right? But two things about it bother me, the fact that every bad guy, except for the main guy, look the same! AND, when you stab someone, why isn't there any wounds on the body itself? Surely we have advanced to the point where we can have location-specific damage decals on the body that show as soon as the wound is made. I just can't get into it if I stab some punk and all I see is this knife-lookin' polygon go into another polygon, with a blood sprite for effect and then pull it out, with no resulting damage. WTF? Guns can cause bullet wounds, but the knives don't? Need to work on that...

3. I'll probably get lambasted for saying this, but it's pretty fuckin' violent. Does it have to be sick and demented to get across that the head bad guy is crazy? Yeah, yeah, I know, Who cares? But damn, it's like every FPS has to up the last one on the violence meter. I can see it if it relates to the story itself, but watching bad guys murder innocent, tied-up civilians, or drowning them in a cave pond...c'mon...

Four - We need higher res textures please! Make my hardcore gaming beast beg! Make it earn it's worth! I wanna see it on it's knees! To hell with the consoles! I want photo-realistic!

I'll probably come up with some more, but what I see, apart from what I've said here, is lookin' really good. I just hope they don't screw it up!

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2012, 18:07.

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 21, 22:33 Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Shataan
  6. Mar 22, 01:12  Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer silentsammy
  2. Mar 21, 22:54 Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Ant
  3. Mar 21, 23:22 Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer PropheT
  4. Mar 21, 23:49  Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Leper
  5. Mar 22, 00:16 Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer siapnar
  7. Mar 22, 01:16  Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Wowbagger_TIP
  9. Mar 22, 01:29   Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer eRe4s3r
  8. Mar 22, 01:17 Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Kastagir
  10. Mar 22, 01:29 Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Sepharo