Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website has an update on changes for the crew skill system in the upcoming version 1.2 patch for the Star Wars MMORPG. The website also has word that they are conducting another free weekend for the game beginning tomorrow, saying this will only be open to those who have not participated in a previous free event for the game. Here's word:

Like with the first Weekend Pass Free Trial, players will be able to experience the opening chapter of each of the eight character classes in the game. You will have the opportunity to explore each classís Origin World, and may even have the chance to visit their factionís Capital World. In addition, Weekend Pass Free Trial players will have the chance to face off against other players in PvP Warzones, or join with their friends to play through an early faction-specific Flashpoint.

View
21. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Mar 22, 2012, 09:47 nin

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 22:42:
I've said this before, and I'll try to give the abbreviated version again.

1. Hated the game originally (from the videos I watched)
2. Got turned to liking the games concepts/ideas by more info and the beta..and prior WoW guildies converting me
3. Loved the game at first
4. Thought that with all the money they threw at the title, it was really lacking some key features (a better-working Market for starters)
5. Got really sick of the constant audio quests (I know you can skip em)
6. Same back and forth quest BS
7. The PvP land is useless and boring
8. Love the assistants model.. they farm for me!
9. Just feels like a SP game with a very good chat interface
10. I have zero desire to see end-game content.. and I have/had every opportunity to do so.. my guild is a raiding guild, and very good at that..but SW gave me NO desire to see end game content--and i live for end game stuff!!

With the exception of 5, your experience is very close to my own. I think I quit around level 30, after the constant experience of:

1. Fly to new planet
2. Clear out 4 zones.
3. Fly back to fleet, curse auction house, stand around with nothing else to do.
4. Go back to step 1.

After the 3rd of 4th planet, it was beyond repetitive, and becomes boring.

I also miss the free flowing of zones in WOW, compared to the isolation in SW. Granted, they are different planets, but they feel too disconnected.

And the AH. Dear fucking god. Of all the things they attempted to copy from WOW, why couldn't they copy that one? It became way too much of a chore, since you can't just shift-click and item and see similar ones. You have to fill out 2-3 fields, do a search, then refine you search, look at what other people are listing the same/similar item for, and THEN you can finally list it.

And then there's the space missions. I lasted through one of those. Boring as fuck. Would it have been so difficult to have the ship move freely, but in a confined space, like starfox boss fights? That couldn't have been hard to do. They you might have had the slightest feeling of a star wars space battle.

I really wanted to like the game, and I enjoyed my beta time, and about the first month. But it became waaaaaay too repetitive after that.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 21, 10:05 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend nin
  15. Mar 21, 17:44  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Creston
  2. Mar 21, 10:13 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend wtf_man
  3. Mar 21, 10:32  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend InBlack
  4. Mar 21, 10:33   Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend nin
  5. Mar 21, 10:50    Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend The Half Elf
  6. Mar 21, 11:11 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend El Pit
  7. Mar 21, 12:14 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend WarpCrow
  8. Mar 21, 12:22  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Alamar
  9. Mar 21, 12:24  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Prez
  11. Mar 21, 15:48  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend deqer
  12. Mar 21, 16:00   Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend SimplyMonk
  10. Mar 21, 12:43 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Acleacius
  13. Mar 21, 16:15 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend deqer
  14. Mar 21, 16:23 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Bhruic
  16. Mar 21, 18:04 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Tumbler
  17. Mar 21, 22:42  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend ColoradoHoudini
>> 21. Mar 22, 09:47   Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend nin
  18. Mar 21, 22:49 Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Ant
  19. Mar 21, 23:09  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend ColoradoHoudini
  20. Mar 21, 23:51   Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Weekend Glykon

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo