Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I got my face back yesterday as planned, and did a good job of not hacking myself up with my first shave in six months. It only took MrsBlue about 15 minutes to notice this time, which is a record. It once took her almost a day to realize I had shaved off a Van Dyke several years ago.

Noticeable Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Simple Motions.
Links: Top 15 Film Misquotes.
Stories: Sofa King advert banned for 'swearing' slogan. Thanks the Flying Penguin.
Science: The weighty work of gnome called Kern.
Counting the cost- the hidden price of coal power.
Icy Saturn moon ‘may be active’.
What If Iron Man Was a Pixar Movie?
Media: Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome trailer. Thanks Neutronbeam.
I'm a dog..dog-Human..Human..Human..Human..Human-dog..dog.
Man flies like a bird with home-made cyborg wings.
Follow-up: Nasa science chief 'fighting' for planetary research. NASA!
Cardiff University food safety device to detect E. coli.
Daily aspirin 'prevents and possibly treats cancer'.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 18:56 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 09:50:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 02:47:
Hoop wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 01:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 22:10:
holy crap.....I am on the Skyrim bandwagon....
Xbox or pc Bats?

xbox. borroed a friend's copy in exchange for Red Dead games.

Ran into a side quest by that old witch's house near the beginning, and this young girl wanted revenge on these guys that kidnapped her and put her into a tower.....for some reason she asked for my help them ran off into the river......whatever....never got a quest.

There's a million little annoyances like that in the game. And it's a testament to how good the game is, when you ignore most of them and keep playing.

heheh yup. I was like - whatever bitch - and continued on my other 30 quests.

I need to quit reading books.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 09:50 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 02:47:
Xbox or pc Bats?

Ran into a side quest by that old witch's house near the beginning, and this young girl wanted revenge on these guys that kidnapped her and put her into a tower.....for some reason she asked for my help them ran off into the river......whatever....never got a quest.

There's a million little annoyances like that in the game. And it's a testament to how good the game is, when you ignore most of them and keep playing.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 02:47 xXBatmanXx

Xbox or pc Bats?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2012, 01:21 Hoop

Xbox or pc Bats?

Um .. Behind you...

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2012, 22:10 xXBatmanXx

holy crap.....I am on the Skyrim bandwagon......3.5 hours gone in a blink of an eye! Level 4. Having a blast exploring. I can see myself doing over 200 hours on 1 playthrough.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2012, 18:24 Gojo

DrEnter wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 15:56:
The Blood and Chrome trailer has been pulled from YouTube, but IO9 still has it.

Thanks for the heads up. Man that looks awesome!

=-Gojo-=

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2012, 16:55 Raven

I like the details in the Iron Man image. Especially the Portal drink in his hand...  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2012, 15:56 DrEnter

The Blood and Chrome trailer has been pulled from YouTube, but IO9 still has it.  

13. Re: Re:Battlestar Galactica: trailer. Mar 21, 2012, 14:16 nin

Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 14:05:
About Blood and Chrome trailer - looks really good but the version of the Immigrant Song they used for the music was awful... NO ONE can do Robert Plant. Not even Robert Plant anymore, now that age and vocal cord fatigue has robbed him of his amazing voice.

About the TMNT remake - Vanilla Ice does the soundtrack or else I'm not watching!

Oh dear, the TR version rears its ugly head again...

12. Re: Re:Battlestar Galactica: trailer. Mar 21, 2012, 14:05 Prez

About Blood and Chrome trailer - looks really good but the version of the Immigrant Song they used for the music was awful... NO ONE can do Robert Plant. Not even Robert Plant anymore, now that age and vocal cord fatigue has robbed him of his amazing voice.

About the TMNT remake - Vanilla Ice does the soundtrack or else I'm not watching!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re:Battlestar Galactica: trailer. Mar 21, 2012, 13:12 Killer Kane

Didn't I see this movie, with Freddie Prinze Jr, years ago?

10. Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Mar 21, 2012, 13:04 Alamar

nin wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 10:17:

The Rock was indeed good. But I don't think it would have been nearly as good w/o Connery.

Arma and BB were tolerable.

I'm gonna take pleasure in gutting you boy...

And something about a prom queen...

-Alamar

9. Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Mar 21, 2012, 11:32 PHJF

What was that shooter recently that had the player come up some sewer into a shower room which looked exactly like the one from The Rock?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Mar 21, 2012, 10:57 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 10:11:
See, the deal there is, the moment I see "Michael Bay" I don't bother going any further...

Problem solved.

Well said!

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Mar 21, 2012, 10:48 The Half Elf

The Rock was fine, except for 3 parts.

1) Sean rolling through the timed fire explosions.
2) The explosion at the end that sends what's his name flying after he pops the flares.
3) Destroying a perfectly good Ferrari for a chase scene.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Mar 21, 2012, 10:39 kanniballl

nin wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 10:17:

The Rock was indeed good. But I don't think it would have been nearly as good w/o Connery.

Connery was the best part of The Rock, he did an awesome job and was more memorable than Cage. That being said, I'm willing to "spread the wealth" between directing/acting/casting/writing for that one.

I was hesitant to put Bad Boys on there, as most of my enjoyment came from the actors. I liked a few action / shootout scenes but I think the two leads played off eachother well. So I don't really point to Bay for my enjoyment, but he didn't hurt.

Armageddon was fun, but more in a mindless bubble gum type of way.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

5. Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Mar 21, 2012, 10:21 Agent.X7

Bay used to put out decent movies back in the day. Now he's just Uwe Boll with a shit ton of money.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Mar 21, 2012, 10:17 nin

3. Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Mar 21, 2012, 10:13 kanniballl

nin wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 10:11:
See, the deal there is, the moment I see "Michael Bay" I don't bother going any further...

Problem solved.

I've only liked a couple of things of his

• That commercial where he parodies himself with explosions everwhere

• The Rock

• Armageddon

• Bad Boys franchise
  •  
    "Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurama

2. Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Mar 21, 2012, 10:11 nin

Problem solved.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo