Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I got my face back yesterday as planned, and did a good job of not hacking myself up with my first shave in six months. It only took MrsBlue about 15 minutes to notice this time, which is a record. It once took her almost a day to realize I had shaved off a Van Dyke several years ago.

Noticeable Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Simple Motions.
Links: Top 15 Film Misquotes.
Stories: Sofa King advert banned for 'swearing' slogan. Thanks the Flying Penguin.
Science: The weighty work of gnome called Kern.
Counting the cost- the hidden price of coal power.
Icy Saturn moon ‘may be active’.
What If Iron Man Was a Pixar Movie?
Media: Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome trailer. Thanks Neutronbeam.
I'm a dog..dog-Human..Human..Human..Human..Human-dog..dog.
Man flies like a bird with home-made cyborg wings.
Follow-up: Nasa science chief 'fighting' for planetary research. NASA!
Cardiff University food safety device to detect E. coli.
Daily aspirin 'prevents and possibly treats cancer'.

View
1. Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Mar 21, 2012, 10:08 kanniballl

I'm kind of surprised it didn't make the "Stories" section (unless it did, and it was a few days ago). I caught this on Tuesday night on CNN.

Michael Bay is going to do a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie but is putzing around with the back-story a bit much: they're now ALIENS.

OK, fine a bunch of old 80s cartoons have been done with tweaks here and there. Transformers, GI Joe, even the Smurfs. And while the quality of the movies weren't great... I was OK with the changes to the mythos as they still kept the bulk of the histories.

But changing mutant turtles into aliens (I'm assuming on the half-shell) is a bit much. It's one thing to change around how exactly they mutated (dropped ooze, lab experiment, whatever) but how exactly does aliens from space even fit into there? I'm not saying the old stuff was a masterpiece (b/w comics or the watered down cartoons) but why change it?

Oh well, knowing Michael Bay it will be full of explosions and glam-shots of some flavor-of-the-month hottie.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Mar 21, 10:08 Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens kanniballl
  2. Mar 21, 10:11  Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens nin
  3. Mar 21, 10:13   Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens kanniballl
  4. Mar 21, 10:17    Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens nin
  5. Mar 21, 10:21     Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Agent.X7
  6. Mar 21, 10:39     Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens kanniballl
  7. Mar 21, 10:48      Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens The Half Elf
  10. Mar 21, 13:04     Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens Alamar
  8. Mar 21, 10:57   Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens InBlack
  9. Mar 21, 11:32    Re: Michael Bay doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - as aliens PHJF
  11. Mar 21, 13:12 Re:Battlestar Galactica: trailer. Killer Kane
  12. Mar 21, 14:05  Re: Re:Battlestar Galactica: trailer. Prez
  13. Mar 21, 14:16   Re: Re:Battlestar Galactica: trailer. nin
  14. Mar 21, 15:56 Re: Out of the Blue DrEnter
  16. Mar 21, 18:24  Re: Out of the Blue Gojo
  15. Mar 21, 16:55 Re: Out of the Blue Raven
  17. Mar 21, 22:10 Re: Out of the Blue xXBatmanXx
  18. Mar 22, 01:21  Re: Out of the Blue Hoop
  19. Mar 22, 02:47   Re: Out of the Blue xXBatmanXx
  20. Mar 22, 09:50    Re: Out of the Blue nin
  21. Mar 22, 18:56     Re: Out of the Blue xXBatmanXx

footer