Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Patched

The Bethesda Blog announces the new version 1.5 Windows patch for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is now out of beta, and is automatically available for all owners of the RPG sequel through Steam. Here are the patch notes:

NEW FEATURES

• New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
  • New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
  • Shadows on grass available (PC)
  • Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
  • Improved visual transition when going underwater
  • Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes

BUG FIXES

• General crash fixes and memory optimizations
  • Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
  • In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
  • Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
  • Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
  • Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
  • Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
  • Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
  • Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
  • Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
  • Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
  • In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
  • Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
  • Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
  • In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
  • Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
  • Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
  • Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
  • Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
  • Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
  • Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
  • In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
  • Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
  • Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
  • The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
  • Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
  • In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Skyrim Patched Saves Mar 22, 2012, 02:23 eRe4s3r

Yeah, the thing is I used BOSS and it ordered my mods wrongly because there was - 1 - mod in there that it didn't recognize.. So I moved it to the be loaded first and look there, not only does the mod work still properly but it doesn't crash anymore. I didn't even realize that 1 mod was wrongly sorted until your post made me check it when I re-enabled all mods in 1.5

Well that certainly is hilarious ,p I had no crashes whatsoever in 1.3.10 but as soon as I updated to 1.4.21 the issues started. And it was with the exact same mods, same load order, and everything.

Now a new issue is that underwater is totally opaque.. I guess one of those water-revision mods needs updating.. ;p

ah.. Hotfix was already out too..
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13268 <--

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Skyrim Patched Saves Mar 22, 2012, 01:18 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 20:38:
Will try that then.. hopefully it works ;/

Nope, does not work.

Edit: LMAO, Ok, that is totally absurd, but I just randomly changed the mod order and now it works... Finally I can update properly!

Glad you got it working. Mods can be tricky business, especially in a game this complex. I spent many hours working on getting mods to work together in Oblivion. Had to get things loaded in just the right order so that they don't screw each other up. But it was definitely worth it. Completely different, and VASTLY superior, gameplay experience.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

28. Re: Skyrim Patched Saves Mar 21, 2012, 20:38 eRe4s3r

Will try that then.. hopefully it works ;/

Nope, does not work.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2012, 23:28.

Edit: LMAO, Ok, that is totally absurd, but I just randomly changed the mod order and now it works... Finally I can update properly!

27. Re: Skyrim Patched Saves Mar 21, 2012, 17:31 Wowbagger_TIP

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 15:48:
I tried that ;/

I do not understand why this can even be. Because... the mods are the same in between versions. But as soon as I remove the mods and remain at 1.3 my save still loads, without mods just fine (as long as I don't update). As soon as I update to 1.5 the game insta closes when I press load. No matter what I do (including saving after loading with no mods in 1.3)

But if I create a new character in 1.3 (including all mods) and load it in 1.5 it works fine. I am bestumpled what this could be. Maybe one of the earlier mods broke something in my save... ;/
That's entirely possible. I've seen it recommended that you remove the mods, wait at least 24 in-game hours, and then create a new save for your character. Then update and try loading that save, and then try the mods one by one to see if they still work.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

26. Re: Skyrim Patched Saves Mar 21, 2012, 15:48 eRe4s3r

I tried that ;/

I do not understand why this can even be. Because... the mods are the same in between versions. But as soon as I remove the mods and remain at 1.3 my save still loads, without mods just fine (as long as I don't update). As soon as I update to 1.5 the game insta closes when I press load. No matter what I do (including saving after loading with no mods in 1.3)

But if I create a new character in 1.3 (including all mods) and load it in 1.5 it works fine. I am bestumpled what this could be. Maybe one of the earlier mods broke something in my save... ;/

25. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 13:54 Jdrez

I don't understand why anybody would want to turn the killcam off. That's one of my favorite features.  

24. Re: Skyrim Patched Saves Mar 21, 2012, 10:28 panbient

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 03:43:
So I guess I am the only one who is holding out patches ever since 1.3 because with shock i noticed that with 1.4 and now 1.5 my save does not actually LOAD anymore. Using mods, so maybe thats why, but it is still odd. Why does my save not load with 1.4 / 1.5 but the game still works exactly like before when I start a new game.

This is extremely aggravating.

What mods are you using? I had a crashing issue after one of the patches but all I had to do was disable my mods, load an old save, then re-save within the current version. Once I loaded my mods and tried to load the most current save file everything went back to being smooth.

Hope that works out for you.

23. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 09:57 nin

but the combat was so dull and repetitive pretty much like every other Bethesda game I've played

Melee? I've never been a fan of it in bethesda games, as it felt like you were flailing your arms in the air, while trying to get close enough to the enemy to connect.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

22. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 09:28 avianflu

the whole "selectable dual magic from the hands" was a relatively novel idea -- liked that. Level design was varied. I find it difficult to actively dislike the game.  

21. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 09:09 wonkawonka

Dades wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 07:33:
I really wanted to like this game, it has all of the hallmarks of a great RPG but the combat was so dull and repetitive pretty much like every other Bethesda game I've played. It was a pure slog just to get from one place to another and the overload of quests in my log didn't help either.

Every once in a while you'll get a quest that is a nice refresher, with an interesting twist. But overall it's up to you how you want to handle combat. My char used to snipe, then switched to assassinations, then to sword-and-shield, and now she's just a support mage for her many followers and conjurations. The last is the most fun I've had (after getting bored with the 10th throat-slitting animation).
And raising the difficulty level does make combat much more tactical and interesting.

But still when you've got 30x damage on a 108 damage dagger + 60 magical damage, not much can survive a single hit from stealth.

20. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 07:33 Dades

I really wanted to like this game, it has all of the hallmarks of a great RPG but the combat was so dull and repetitive pretty much like every other Bethesda game I've played. It was a pure slog just to get from one place to another and the overload of quests in my log didn't help either.  

19. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 05:35 Silicon Avatar

I made it to level 41 or so before starting over. I'd finished the quest and done everything that I wanted to do for my "good" character.

Now I'm going to try some mods and run a "bad" character.

The game does get a little stale sometimes though. I think it has a lot to do with not having enough monster variety. Draugr are all about the same when it comes to beating them, for example. Skyrim needs some monsters that make you change up your tactics really badly. They went with "action" combat and didn't vary the action nearly enough IMO.

I'm still playing mainly because of mods. They save Bethesda games for me every time.

18. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 04:05 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 21:31:
I assumed that is it, yes. Although once I got back, there were no credits, and I assumed they expected you to clean out your quest log, and keep exploring. Which is fine. I had a blast, and ended up at level 25 after about 80-85 hours.

I'll go back eventually, but after 2-3 hours a night for the past month, I'm ready for a little air.

Jesus christ. Is that all? Why do people like to blow through games like this? I doubt I'm even halfway through the main quest, level 44, and 196 hours played. I'm still constantly finding new things and discovering new quests.

17. Re: Skyrim Patched Saves Mar 21, 2012, 03:43 eRe4s3r

So I guess I am the only one who is holding out patches ever since 1.3 because with shock i noticed that with 1.4 and now 1.5 my save does not actually LOAD anymore. Using mods, so maybe thats why, but it is still odd. Why does my save not load with 1.4 / 1.5 but the game still works exactly like before when I start a new game.

This is extremely aggravating.

16. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 03:26 xXBatmanXx

Spektr wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 02:20:
Please add polearm crossbows and prostitutes. And the game will be perfect.

Good idea. Add in some elements of Legend of the Red Dragon from the BBS days. Like sleeping at the INN and getting attacked or vice versa. That would be fun!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 02:20 Spektr

Please add polearm crossbows and prostitutes. And the game will be perfect.  

14. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 01:40 xXBatmanXx

Excited to get started on this. Buddy at work let me borrow it for the xbox. I plan on propin myself up in bed with the controller and not leaving my room if possible in the next 3 days off. I MIGHT move to the living room couch - but then I have the dogs to contend with for cushion space.....

He let me borrow it, as he said "I have so many bugs that I have run into that the story won't move along - I am super pissed". So he took Red Dead and the DLC.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 00:31 Kastagir

If you experience strange or flickering/shimmering shadows with this patch, make sure you update your GPU drivers - that was a probable fix reported during the beta. I'm sure there will soon be a mod to disable the killcams, or you could just type:

set killmoverandom to 0

in the console. Sorry, console-people, you're stuck waiting for an official solution.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2012, 01:21.

12. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 20, 2012, 23:30 Ratty

Just in time for my fourth playthrough. I did two archer playthroughs, then I tried a destruction mage playthrough since I've never done an ES mage before, but got bored with it and quit. Tonight I just started an illusion mage playthrough. Using rage to get your enemies to kill each other is just too damn much fun.  

11. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 20, 2012, 23:02 nin

I think the only one I did was the mage stone? I know destruction ended up in the 70s, and I think sneak, lockpicking, and alchemy ended up in the 50s? I'd have to doublecheck.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo