Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes

The Tribes Ascend Website has word that a new version 0.1.848.0 beta patch is now live for Hi-Rez Studios' upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter. The new version adds a new CTF map, some temporary matchmaking fixes, new HUD customization options, and the following physics tweaks:

A variety of physics changes have been made in order to fix several issues impacting the fluidity of movement. This includes the elimination of several items that would cause deadstops and hitches, as well as a bug that would allow you to ski/jet along the boundary wall. Changes were also made in order to fix a few issues that would occur when traveling up steep hills. Additional improvements are planned for future releases.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 22, 2012, 01:28 Beaner

It's not that bad.
But I am disappointed that so far there are no Children of the Phoenix or Starwolf tribes. :(

If you never played Tribes it isn't that bad of a game. But like many of us, you have to admit there are many elements of the first two tribes games that you miss. The missing clans as you mentioned. I truly miss the full ability to customize my loadout. The fact that you can no longer use popular common loadouts. It makes the game less appealing to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 22, 2012, 01:21 Beaner

The nitron changes are appropriate. They put too many things in the game to try and make it easier for newcomers to get quick boosts of speed without actually having to know how to ski very well or disc jump. By doing that they completely put other things out of balance. Chasing was a big part of tribes and yet Irrational Games and Hi-rez didn't seem to understand that delicate balance. At least Hi-rez is making these adjustments in the right direction. They can add more weapons and armors since newbies like that. Just bring back more of the traditional things like decent disc jumping, better jets and up hill skiing without sputtering out so easily. Also they need to have team damage and get rid of the health regen.  

32. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 22, 2012, 01:19 MxxCon

Beaner wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 01:12:
some steps in the right direction. I still hate the way they employed the fixed classes. Its just not tribes the game that way. Also this game proves why the unreal engine is horrible for mulitplay games that require stellar netcode.
It's not that bad.
But I am disappointed that so far there are no Children of the Phoenix or Starwolf tribes.

31. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 22, 2012, 01:12 Beaner

some steps in the right direction. I still hate the way they employed the fixed classes. Its just not tribes the game that way. Also this game proves why the unreal engine is horrible for mulitplay games that require stellar netcode.  

30. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 22:22 Veterator

That's funny as hell.

But I still wish they'd tie generators to capturing. IE you need a working generator to cap a flag. That way the game doesn't become flag chasing 100% of the time and there's a reason to defend the gen.

29. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 20:05 Wowbagger_TIP

space captain wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 11:38:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 22:11:
100% wrong... how do you think the base turrets work? magic?

The disc turrets are not hitscan. They fire relatively slow-moving projectiles that can be easily dodged if you don't move predictably. The turrets lead their aim based on the speed and trajectory you are moving, but that's not hitscan.

i didnt say they were hitscan

but turrets are aimbots

therefore aimbots are 100% possible... plus ive also seen people using them, but they tend to get banned quickly

Aimbots do exist, but turrets are really not aimbots in the sense that we're talking about here. Turrets, being part of the game server code itself, have access to information about player movement that the game client does not have. They're better than aimbots in that sense, but they also fire rather slow projectiles, so they can't be 100% accurate unless those projectiles have the ability to dramatically alter their course after being fired.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

28. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 13:55 Overon

The most effective thing at stopping people from capping is a heavy armor with the super heavy perk all leveled up. The faster they are moving when they make contact with you, the more it hurts them.  

27. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 11:49 MxxCon

PHJF wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 11:44:
And it's already ridiculous that some players can consistently flag grab at 300+ and cap in under fifteen seconds. Just because some people are good at something doesn't make what they do overpowered.
2 shields won't make him go 300mph, it might actually kill him if he goes that fast.
better yet, do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UJv3Qq8Fc8

26. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 11:44 PHJF

And it's already ridiculous that some players can consistently flag grab at 300+ and cap in under fifteen seconds. Just because some people are good at something doesn't make what they do overpowered.

Christ, sniping has been a part of shooters for a decade now, and yet still there exists only a tiny minority of players with bona fide skills.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

25. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 11:38 space captain

Jerykk wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 22:11:

The disc turrets are not hitscan. They fire relatively slow-moving projectiles that can be easily dodged if you don't move predictably. The turrets lead their aim based on the speed and trajectory you are moving, but that's not hitscan.

i didnt say they were hitscan

but turrets are aimbots

therefore aimbots are 100% possible... plus ive also seen people using them, but they tend to get banned quickly

Go forth, and kill!

24. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 11:09 Wowbagger_TIP

From what I heard, the reason they removed the red glow from the sniper crosshair when you are targeting an enemy was b/c it could be used to create aimbots.

I hate people that use aimbots with a passion. Hope they keep working to prevent that crap.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

23. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 03:41 Esoteric

PHJF wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 00:56:
Sniper, sparrow, and shotguns are not hitscan.

That's cool... except they are hitscans.

Yeah, they are hitscan. And it's the reason Sentinals (sniper) will be nerfed or removed in the future, once enough people get good enough to make it (more) obviously ridiculous.

(It's already ridiculous if you play against good Sentinals.)

22. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 00:56 PHJF

Sniper, sparrow, and shotguns are not hitscan.

That's cool... except they are hitscans.

21. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 00:13 shihonage

Aimbots work just fine with weapons who have projectile speeds so fast as to be practically indistinguishable from hitscan.

Aimbots wouldn't work well with spinfusors or mortars, unless they are sufficiently complex.

20. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 23:42 Linksil

Sniper, sparrow, and shotguns are not hitscan. They are really really fast, but they do have speed and flight time. Not sure about eagle and colt.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

19. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 22:12 PHJF

All weapons in Tribes use projectile simulation. It's not hitscan. Aim bots don't work there.

...except the sniper rifles? nova colt? eagle? sparrow? shotguns?

18. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 22:11 Jerykk

17. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 21:59 space captain

MxxCon wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 17:52:
sounds like lag

it is lag (or latency), but its inside the game engine itself

if you ever had an MA, youd know exactly what im referring to... its widely recognized

MxxCon wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 21:27:
All weapons in Tribes use projectile simulation. It's not hitscan. Aim bots don't work there.

D E R P

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 21:27 MxxCon

15. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 20:46 Veterator

Warskull wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 20:05:

Doombringer has a slower projectile speed than most guns, I don't think most aimbots work with it.

Yeah that might explain it...it's really hard to hit things with at any kind of distance.

You can't even see how fast the infiltrator bullets are unlike the other machineguns...so I wonder if they are just really fast.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo