Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy change of seasons, as today is the vernal equinox. That makes today the first day of spring here in the northern hemisphere, which is certainly welcome, though this was one of the mildest winters I can ever recall. There's extra cause for MrsBlue to celebrate, as when I started growing my seasonal beard on the first day of autumn, I promised today would be D-Day for my facial hair. It was a good run, and I'm loving my thick, gray beard, but it will be nice to get rid of it as well. It was definitely a good tactic to begin the beard with a deadline like that, as having a set exit strategy made it easier for MrsBlue to indulge the process.

Seasonal Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Super Sergeant Shooter 3.
Fixation.
Stories: Woman endures labor for 75 days to save babies. Thanks Neatorama.
Fox Announces Its Spring Finale Dates.
Science: Science Channel Ponders ‘Alien Encounters’. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Get Your First Look at The Green Arrow's New Costume.
Media: The (Totally) Phantom Menace - Lamest Fight Scene EVER!
NASA fires a BB into water at 20x the speed of a bullet.
Auction: Microsoft donating $1M in funds and hardware to Right To Play charity.
Lord of da Seben Seaz.
The Funnies: ActionTrip Comic Strip: Diablologizing.
Caffeine Cartoon - Savage Chickens.
Brevity.
Follow-up: Scribes Talk Plans For Another "TRON".
NY Mets owners settle Madoff case, avoid trial.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2012, 03:51 shul

That lamest fight scene.. I'm not big on fights but even I didn't understand that one. it was lame.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2012, 18:56 xXBatmanXx

Anyone else find it odd that in Dead Rising 2 Off the Record and Case West that West looks like Dan Aykroyd?  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: NASA fires a BB into water Mar 20, 2012, 18:23 xXBatmanXx

Jim wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 11:45:
Pete Schultz, the guy featured in that video, is a regular participant at our observatory annual convention. He always has some great high-speed camera footage of smashing things with that gun. He was also involved with the LCROSS and Deep Impact missions.

Looks like the air from the shot is creating the hole, not the BB - they need to adjust their experiment.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2012, 15:46 Hoop

One day you were telling us you're growing a beard, Nek minnit shaved off.  

Um .. Behind you...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2012, 15:37 jdreyer

Six months, and you were able to execute your exit strategy. You had your beard for one whole Friedman unit! I guess you're wife wouldn't have put up with you constantly saying, "The next six months are critical in the growth of this beard" for years on end.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2012, 14:27 Cutter

Welp it's 19C atm but supposed to hit 25 tomorrow and Thurs. Sadly, and expectedly, the cold snap returns after that plunging back down to 10C+/-. Oh well, hopefully this stuff is a taste of a hot a summer to come!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2012, 13:29 Mashiki Amiketo

First day of spring? Gah. When I left ontario it was 20C, today looking at the temp. maps it was supposed it hit between 23C and 27C on projections. Seems like the switch between winter and summer came early. But, it's a cool -31C outside right now, and is supposed to get to a warm -27C tomorrow, which is apparently "abnormal" for this time of year.

Enjoy the spring. And blue, it just gets easier to keep it all year. Then you can claim you're a lumberjack and you simply don't care like the majority of us canucks.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. NASA fires a BB into water Mar 20, 2012, 11:45 Jim

Pete Schultz, the guy featured in that video, is a regular participant at our observatory annual convention. He always has some great high-speed camera footage of smashing things with that gun. He was also involved with the LCROSS and Deep Impact missions.  
Jim

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2012, 11:37 The Half Elf

Blue we haven't had a picture of you in a long time, show us the before and after shot!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2012, 11:33 Mordecai Walfish

I love how the owners of the mets look like total mafia retirees in the video coverage that I've seen of this case/settlement. Classy.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2012, 10:31 nin

I can't help but think a occasional guest column from MrsBlue, on the topic of our dear El Presidente, would be a riot...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo