Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback

The Mass Effect Facebook Page has word that, contrary to previous indications, BioWare is actively looking at the negative backlash to the conclusion of Mass Effect 3 and the resolution of the Commander Shepard trilogy in the action/RPG series (which has apparently inspired FTC complaints). Here's word:

We are aware that there are concerns about a recent post from this account regarding the ending of the game. In this post it was stated that at this time we do not have plans to change the ending.

We would like to clarify that we are actively and seriously taking all player feedback into consideration and have ruled nothing out. At this time we are still collecting and considering your feedback and have not made a decision regarding requests to change the ending.

Your feedback and opinions are of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Our top priority regarding this discussion is to keep communication with you, our loyal fans, open and productive.

View
110 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

110. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 18:44 Draugr

Creston wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 18:04:
Draugr wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 15:07:
Creston wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 10:48:
You don't get that until 4000. The weird thing is, though, it seems that from 4000-5000, Anderson doesn't die, but if you've over 5000, he DOES die.
Creston

As I understand it, Anderson dies regardless. EMS just determines when in the ending he dies.

Ah, I see. I guess with 5000 he crawls up back up, then dies beside you, whereas lower maybe he dies when the IM has you shoot him?

Hmmm. If I wasn't so disgusted with the endings, I'd try it out just for fun.

Creston

Or the IM executes him, something like that yeah. As you were saying though, if the ending wasn't so terrible then I'd feel motivated to check and see.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

109. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 18:04 Creston

Draugr wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 15:07:
You don't get that until 4000. The weird thing is, though, it seems that from 4000-5000, Anderson doesn't die, but if you've over 5000, he DOES die.
Creston

As I understand it, Anderson dies regardless. EMS just determines when in the ending he dies.

Ah, I see. I guess with 5000 he crawls up back up, then dies beside you, whereas lower maybe he dies when the IM has you shoot him?

Hmmm. If I wasn't so disgusted with the endings, I'd try it out just for fun.

Creston

108. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 15:07 Draugr

Creston

107. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 13:43 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 12:30:
What gave you the idea that it happens long after the events in the series?

The old man and the kid talk about about Shepard like some kind of legend or myth. It would seem a bit weird to refer to her like that only a few years after the events of ME3. I guess it's possible, it just seems unlikely.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were talking about the scene where the N7 person breathes under the rubble. Yeah, the grandfather and child are obviously some place far in the future.

The whole implementation of EMS just seems dumb. There's no logical connection between your estimated military strength and the things it causes in the endings. It would have made more sense if it determined how many races and/or companions survived the Reaper attack.

It's dumb, and pretty much worthless once you get more than 2500 or so. You basically get the same ending, no matter how much you bring. It's the dumbest way to set up a game mechanic and then not pay it off.

Creston

106. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 12:36 DarkCntry

Jerykk wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 12:30:

The old man and the kid talk about about Shepard like some kind of legend or myth. It would seem a bit weird to refer to her like that only a few years after the events of ME3. I guess it's possible, it just seems unlikely.

Based upon the juxtaposition of the scene in question in regards to the dialog made, you can expect it to be at least at the start of a third generation after Shepard's events.

Referring to Sherpard as "The Shepard" and the adult obviously being in an 'elderly' position as opposed to the child.

The whole implementation of EMS just seems dumb. There's no logical connection between your estimated military strength and the things it causes in the endings. It would have made more sense if it determined how many races and/or companions survived the Reaper attack.

If memory serves, the EMS really is nothing more than a few alterations to the initial incursion to Earth and a few minor 'moments' on the actual resistance chatter.

Outside of the arbitrary number on the very minor changes to the end that is, like if Anderson lives or dies, etc etc.

105. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 12:30 Jerykk

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2012, 12:35.

104. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 11:44 DarkCntry

The Magician wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 05:58:
So.. let's see. Everyone's got their panties in a wad because the story didn't end they way they thought it should?

Who's story is this?

No, people are rather upset that the ending basically removed every aspect of the previous 100+ hours devoted to the series. The fact that every 'choice' Shepard makes during the ending sequence is totally out-of-character. That there's a "push button to continue" ending that is effectively a palette swap situation. That the entirety of the ending removes any logical progression. That you learn absolutely nothing of the rest of your party sans the trio shown on the Normandy...

It's not a matter of 'ending the way we thought it should', but ending in a way that actually makes sense in regards to the rest of the game.

Honestly, the endings were good and decently written overall, just not good for a Mass Effect game.

I'm hoping Bioware takes the logical approach in this and give the 'rest of the story' in DLC form instead of just leaving it all up in the air. This allows them to kill the one bird of 'what happened to everyone else' issue and give them an opportunity to adjust the ending for that second bird.

103. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 10:57 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 05:20:
Even if Shepard somehow survived, I'm not sure how the series could continue after ME3, what with all the Mass Relays destroyed. The little snippet after the credits also seems to take place long after the events in the series, so presumably the entire cast is long dead (except for maybe Samarra and Liara).

Anyway, at this point, I don't think there's anything Bioware can do to fix the endings. What's done is done. A satisfying ending would be one in which you see the fates of your companions and their respective races, Fallout-style. I don't really see Bioware creating DLC just to provide that closure, however.

Interesting. What gave you the idea that it happens long after the events in the series?

And I agree. A Dragon Age style ending where they tell you what happens to the Krogan, what happens to Thessia, what happens to Garrus, etc, is really all most people want. Shepard dying seems fitting for the series, but I'd like to know that three games worth of choices led to something good for the Krogan. (who I always felt sorry for.)

But yeah, they won't fix it. They won't do shit. They'll keep saying they're "considering all options" while throwing out distractions, and in two months or so they'll announce that redoing the endings "is not feasible."

Sadly for them, it'll also be "not feasible" for a lot of fans to buy any more of their games, but Bioware's already shown that they don't give a shit about their oldest fans anyway. They'd much rather court the 14 year old ADD crowd.

Creston

102. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 10:48 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 04:13:
No, I don't think so. 3000 is as far as the meter goes, but that's not Max. Max is 4000 or 5000. (strangely, 4000 seems to lead to a better ending than 5000.) At 50%GR, that means 8000 or 10000. You can get 8000 by making every decision focused solely on gaining War Assets, by scanning every single solar system 100% and by having the perfect decisions (again focused on war assets) from ME1 and ME2.

10000 is impossible to achieve, it seems. I had 7900 and I did every single quest, had every system scanned, I just had a few minor decisions that cost me some War Assets here and there.

You sure about those numbers? I got around 6400 (total) and I got the good ending (where nobody on earth dies during the brief snippet in the endings). Is there a better ending I don't know about?

So with your GR of 50%, you had an effective rating of 3200? Yeah, you got the "Earth doesn't die" option, but you didn't get the "best" ending, where you get a 20 second snippet of someone with an N7 badge drawing a breath underneath some rubble.

In Mac Walters' mind, that's apparently considered the best possible ending.

I'm sure that made sense to someone as well. So if you want to keep Anderson alive, you have to meta-game the War Asset system.

Creston

101. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 09:44 nin

So.. let's see. Everyone's got their panties in a wad because the story didn't end they way they thought it should?

Who's story is this?

Every person who played the game. That's why they're pissed. They deserved better.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

100. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 08:43 Verno

Who's story is this?

Shepards story, you know the one built on player choice. Hence people not being happy with the preset endings that do not have anything to do with the prerelease promises about how the game would actually end. Try reading the thread man, it's all been mentioned.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

99. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 05:58 The Magician

Who's story is this?

98. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 05:20 Jerykk

Even if Shepard somehow survived, I'm not sure how the series could continue after ME3, what with all the Mass Relays destroyed. The little snippet after the credits also seems to take place long after the events in the series, so presumably the entire cast is long dead (except for maybe Samarra and Liara).

Anyway, at this point, I don't think there's anything Bioware can do to fix the endings. What's done is done. A satisfying ending would be one in which you see the fates of your companions and their respective races, Fallout-style. I don't really see Bioware creating DLC just to provide that closure, however.

97. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 04:19 Bhruic

If you get 4000+ (or 5000+ depending on Anderson's status), you get a brief clip of Shepard after the regular part of the ending. That's about it. The main meat of the ending is the same, there's just the inference that Shepard isn't dead. Well, only if you choose the "destroy" option.  

96. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 04:13 Jerykk

No, I don't think so. 3000 is as far as the meter goes, but that's not Max. Max is 4000 or 5000. (strangely, 4000 seems to lead to a better ending than 5000.) At 50%GR, that means 8000 or 10000. You can get 8000 by making every decision focused solely on gaining War Assets, by scanning every single solar system 100% and by having the perfect decisions (again focused on war assets) from ME1 and ME2.

10000 is impossible to achieve, it seems. I had 7900 and I did every single quest, had every system scanned, I just had a few minor decisions that cost me some War Assets here and there.

You sure about those numbers? I got around 6400 (total) and I got the good ending (where nobody on earth dies during the brief snippet in the endings). Is there a better ending I don't know about?

95. Re: BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback Mar 20, 2012, 03:01 Bhruic

And the truth is revealed...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/268/932/a8f.jpg
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4558/8d7vj.jpg

94. Re: BioWare Mar 20, 2012, 01:48 Creston

Jeklor wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 00:15:
I really wondered about all the negative feedback while playing the game. I even considered waiting until a "fix" was released. Still, I kept at it and got all my fleets and assets together, found just about everything there was to find on every planet, and then resolved myself to see the ending for myself. Now I wish I hadn't. It's just as bad as people say. Not only that, but it seems like the damn thing was outsourced. It doesn't even seem like a Bioware production at the end. That's what people are so pissed about. Rightfully so.

Yep, I felt the same way. I thought to myself "Maybe if you get 8000, there's a better ending than the ones people are complaining about!"

So I (almost) got 8000. Of course, it doesn't matter. You get the magic space kid, the 1a, 1b and 1c button, and then a choice of three colors with which the Galaxy gets royally fucked. It's so AWESOME!

Creston

93. Re: BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback Mar 20, 2012, 00:15 Jeklor

I really wondered about all the negative feedback while playing the game. I even considered waiting until a "fix" was released. Still, I kept at it and got all my fleets and assets together, found just about everything there was to find on every planet, and then resolved myself to see the ending for myself. Now I wish I hadn't. It's just as bad as people say. Not only that, but it seems like the damn thing was outsourced. It doesn't even seem like a Bioware production at the end. That's what people are so pissed about. Rightfully so.  

92. Re: The ending is fine... Mar 19, 2012, 23:28 Draugr

briktal wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 21:29:
In the Final Hours app they said “whatever we do would likely happen before or during the events of Mass Effect 3, not after."

Which doesn't need to intertwine with Shepard's story. For example, There could be a DLC where Aria retakes Omega. Shepard's not involved in this.

This is also something they said before the 'shit hit the fan,' now they are saying stuff like, "considering your feedback and have not made a decision regarding requests to change the ending."

Needless to say, it at least seems likely their post-game plans were disrupted in some fashion, and the content that follows may, or may not, be influenced by that.

91. Re: YOUR NEW ENDING IS HERE!!!! Mar 19, 2012, 22:24 Creston

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 21:33:
You asked for it, Bioware delivered!

Here's your new ending:

Everybody that dies has been brought back to life, using ancient prothean technology, including Shepard. The Reapers have signed a peace treaty, and have agreed to wear pink dresses. Every character you met wins the lottery. Shepard marries Ashley *sorry Liara fans*, and they have 247 children and live happily ever after. The end.

Is everybody's vagina happy now?!

Way to troll, JB. I'd study a bit more of CJ Parker though, as it lacks a certain... wit.

Creston

110 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo