Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well I managed to get through my lawn work without dismembering myself, at least for now: There's more to be done, but I have made tremendous progress. The other thing I accomplished this weekend was to make a couple of batches of barbecue sauce for the grilling season. One is a mostly from-scratch one that I'm not sure about, as it's heavy on umami, so I'm not sure if it will compliment the flavor of meats or just confuse them. The other was amore traditional ketchup-based sauce that had a gimmicky special ingredient. I imagined this would be a novelty, but it turned out so great I think I will make it the "house" sauce, and hold back what the secret is and see if anyone ever guesses.

Saucy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Innkeeper.
Links: 11 Most Beautiful Video Games Ever.
CCTV: Closed Circuit Troll Vision.
Stories: Major US Airport To Evict TSA Screeners. Thanks DSLReports.
Media: Prometheus - Official Full HD Trailer. Thanks nin.
Batmobile Street Race.
Every Episode Of Itchy And Scratchy.
Follow-up: Einstein Proved Right in Retest of Neutrinosí Speed. Thanks j.c.f.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Promethus Trailer Mar 20, 2012, 10:31 Halo

Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 09:06:
Halo wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 18:33:
Besides the obvious what is it? An etching from thousands of years ago? some organic mass? Why is it in a crucified pose? If the Space jockey has access to the type of equipment he was found in why would he carve a rock? That kind of history recording died out a while ago.

Perhaps it was a primitive warning from an ancestor or some other species. Ridley Scott has been waffling about whether an actual alien will be in the movie in some form or not but it's a safe bet they will explore them in some way if the space jockeys are a big part of things. Maybe we'll discover they weren't trying to warn us but instead were trying to direct the aliens somewhere else. It's been rumored that they bio-engineered the xenomorphs as a weapon of mass destruction and that theory makes sense in the context of finding so many egg thingies on their ship in the first movie.

Anyway really looking forward to Prometheus! Cast looks excellent, hope Scott still has his A game.

Hmmm yeah I never really thought of them as weapons... I've never been excited for a movie this much in a WHILE.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Prometheus Trailer Mar 20, 2012, 09:34 Mr. Tact

SST:
Didn't seem like much of a spoiler to me. But then I was pretty sure it was a prequel to Alien just from early stills. *shrug*

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

22. Re: Promethus Trailer Mar 20, 2012, 09:06 Verno

Halo wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 18:33:
Besides the obvious what is it? An etching from thousands of years ago? some organic mass? Why is it in a crucified pose? If the Space jockey has access to the type of equipment he was found in why would he carve a rock? That kind of history recording died out a while ago.

Perhaps it was a primitive warning from an ancestor or some other species. Ridley Scott has been waffling about whether an actual alien will be in the movie in some form or not but it's a safe bet they will explore them in some way if the space jockeys are a big part of things. Maybe we'll discover they weren't trying to warn us but instead were trying to direct the aliens somewhere else. It's been rumored that they bio-engineered the xenomorphs as a weapon of mass destruction and that theory makes sense in the context of finding so many egg thingies on their ship in the first movie.

Anyway really looking forward to Prometheus! Cast looks excellent, hope Scott still has his A game.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2012, 09:27.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

21. Re: TSA Mar 20, 2012, 01:10 zirik

DNForever wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 17:58:
That kid who tried to light his explosive lined underwear on fire was like 15 or 16. At that age is borderline brainwashing, so I wouldn't put it over a serious terrorist organization to pull off something like explosives in a kids wheelchair. Look what they were able to do on 9/11, which before that would have seemed like a made up thing.

i think you are missing the point. they separated the kid who was visibly scared and upset from his father. if you or the TSA thinks the wheelchair had explosives then by all means examine it but dont prevent the dad from comforting his child. holding a childs hand is not gonna make for a suspicious terrorist act.

20. Re: Promethus Trailer Mar 19, 2012, 21:49 Fantaz

Yeah, we kind of know now that the black dude dies when he crashes the ship into the alien ship just as it's leaving to earth to try and stop it.  

19. Re: Promethus Trailer Mar 19, 2012, 18:33 Halo

nin wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 18:24:
Speaking of extreme spoilers, click at your own risk.

18. Re: Promethus Trailer Mar 19, 2012, 18:24 nin

Speaking of extreme spoilers, click at your own risk.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: TSA Mar 19, 2012, 17:58 DNForever

Doesn't bother me at all. People love complaining about airport screening, and it's mostly rich white people whining about being inconvenienced. I've flown around as much as anyone and periodically they give me the wand or whatever, or make you open your bags. Big deal. This Christmas I wrapped a gift (BBQ sauces for my brother in law) knowing full well they'd probably open it. They did, and I just taped it back up again when I got there. It's either the gov't is lazy and not protecting us or we live in a fascist "police state".

That kid who tried to light his explosive lined underwear on fire was like 15 or 16. At that age is borderline brainwashing, so I wouldn't put it over a serious terrorist organization to pull off something like explosives in a kids wheelchair. Look what they were able to do on 9/11, which before that would have seemed like a made up thing.

zirik wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 17:09:
nin wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 10:52:
speaking of the TSA...

those incidents should never happen. TSA agents have no common sense or an ounce of decency.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2012, 17:51  Blue 

Enahs wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 13:07:
As you can imagine, it is probably pretty hard to guess without tasting it! heh

I see the way I wrote it can sound like a challenge for you to guess, but I did mean as a mystery for people who tasted it.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

15. Re: Promethus Trailer Mar 19, 2012, 17:34 nin

jdreyer wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 16:23:
Don't watch the full trailer above, it gives away too much. Just watch the teaser, which gives the flavor without revealing too much. If the trailer looks interesting, then just wait for the full movie to come out.

Yeah, when I sent that into Blue, I mentioned my frustration with trailers these days, and how they sometimes give the entire plot to the movie (hello, XMen: First Class).

But it's (semi) Alien. And it's Ridley Scott doing (semi) Alien. I couldn't pass that up...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: TSA Mar 19, 2012, 17:09 zirik

nin wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 10:52:
speaking of the TSA...

those incidents should never happen. TSA agents have no common sense or an ounce of decency.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2012, 16:35 Cutter

It's blueberry, right? No? How about Seaberry? Boysenberry? Blackberry? Gooseberry? Strawberry? Cranberry? Acai berries? Juniper berries? Bearberry? Bilberry? Mulberry? Elderberry? Farkleberry? Goji berry? Huckleberry? Loganberry? Lingonberry? Perhaps some manner of grape - which is also a berry?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Promethus Trailer Mar 19, 2012, 16:23 jdreyer

Don't watch the full trailer above, it gives away too much. Just watch the teaser, which gives the flavor without revealing too much. If the trailer looks interesting, then just wait for the full movie to come out.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. 11 Most Beautiful Games Mar 19, 2012, 14:24 Fion

I'm sorry but a list like this that DOESN'T include Trine/Trine 2 is incomplete.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2012, 13:49 Halo

Blue wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 10:24:
Enahs wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 09:53:
Is it Raspberry? A little raspberry in BBQ sauce is usually pretty awesome.

No, but you are on the right track.

Grape jelly?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2012, 13:25 Hoop

Is it the tears of a virgin?
Drops of condensation that form on a unicorns horn after vigorous exercise?

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2012, 13:07 Enahs

Blue wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 10:24:
Enahs wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 09:53:
Is it Raspberry? A little raspberry in BBQ sauce is usually pretty awesome.

No, but you are on the right track.

As you can imagine, it is probably pretty hard to guess without tasting it! heh

Bourbon and Peach?

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2012, 12:20 SimplyMonk

Bacon? The most gimmicky ingredient of the current generation?  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2012, 11:20 DNForever

Chocolate syrup?  

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo