Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is Saint Patrick's Day, conveniently placed during the weekend this year for your recovery needs. What's also nice is that means fewer people will be forced to be part of the festivities if they are not so inclined. And if you are inclined, well, I hope you have ample opportunity to party until you're green in the face. Just be careful on the roads, you certainly don't want to drink and drive, nor be the victim of someone else who doesn't appreciate that fact.

Green Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Shady Tactics.
Links: Why It’s A Small World (After All) is So Annoying.
Stories: Space Shuttles Discovery and Atlantis Meet One Last Time. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Rising CO2 Levels Make You Gain Weight.
White Rice Linked to Type 2 Diabetes, Study Says.
Goats on a Tree. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
A Starbucks Coffee Shop Unlike Anything You’ve Ever Seen Before.
Media: NMA: St. Paddy's Special- The Wild Rover.
My So-Called Homeland. NSFW.
The Spy Who Twirled Me.
The Funnies: The Internet of Things.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2012, 06:16 pnag

Not even the Irish celebrate it? Are you serious?

Speaking as an Irishman, in Ireland, the morning after St. Paddy's Day (*not* Patty!) - and who (like everyone else in this nation) has Monday off as a bank holiday because of it, and who went to his local parade yesterday and saw the Dublin one on tv, I can tell you - you're talking total rubbish. Sorry, garbage to Americans.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2012, 04:39 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 02:23:
For those of us who work in hospitality it's probably the most loathed of all worknights. We refer to it as 'Amateur Night' or 'Clown School'. If there's one night we also don't go out drinking, this is it.

Wife works the biz, said it was pretty slow downtown MPLS, but I am sure everyone went to St. Paul - they have a parade and tons of crap going on. Glad I wasn't there.

I worked - had a drunk chic roll her car at about 60 MPH. I can't believe people walk away from these rollovers with no injuries. Automotice technology is pretty damn cool.

I did get an order of corn beef and cabbage from a place in MPLS before I went to work. Was friggen awesome. They do it up right. Beef was friggen crumblin!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2012, 02:23 Cutter

For those of us who work in hospitality it's probably the most loathed of all worknights. We refer to it as 'Amateur Night' or 'Clown School'. If there's one night we also don't go out drinking, this is it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2012, 01:16 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 16:26:
Yeah, I never got St. Patrick's day. Not even the Irish celebrate it, so what's the point?
To get drunk, duh. You're getting pinched. So am I since I didn't wear green.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2012, 16:26 jdreyer

Yeah, I never got St. Patrick's day. Not even the Irish celebrate it, so what's the point?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo