Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 PC Features

Hello My Future Borderlands 2 PC Player is a love letter to PC gamers on the Borderlands 2 website from Claptrap, the incredibly sincere robotic mascot for the role-playing shooter series. This touts some of the PC-specific features in the upcoming sequel, offering the following summary in conclusion:

• FOV Slider
  • 100% Mouse Usable Menus/Mouse wheel scrolling
  • PC Specific UI
  • Native Multiplayer Matchmaking
  • Push to Talk
  • Logitech Keyboard Support
  • LAN Support (including OFFLINE mode)
  • Control Pad Support
  • Integrated V-Sync Option
  • Mouse Smoothing Options (can be disabled completely)
  • Cloud Save Support
  • Achievement Support
  • Friends List Support
  • No Port Forwarding required

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

51. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 19, 2012, 08:40 Verno

That simply isn't true.

Borderlands had everything from character corruption bugs to multiplayer that didn't function without forwarding a half dozen different ports. It was far from bug free. It had several notable crash bugs on some ATI cards due to a lack of testing. Your anecdotal experience is besides the point, read the patchnotes for the game if you don't believe it. For many people it wasn't really playable when it first came out, particularly if they wanted to play primarily in MP.

Anyways, I'll believe this when I see it. This is all of the stuff that Randy Pitchford lied about Borderlands having. Fool me once..

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 18, 2012, 12:44 theyarecomingforyou

Drezden wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 21:23:
I'm not moaning, you're simply retarded and reading it how you'd like to.
Your assertion that previously "you didn't need a slider" because they "used to get FOV's right" is clearly a moan. There's no point criticising a developer for responding to demands from the PC gaming community. To then call me "retarded" after criticising the community here at Blue's is patently hypocritical.

Dades wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 14:10:
The first game was a broken piece of trash at release, forget the convenience features.
That simply isn't true. I didn't come across any bugs at all, nor did anyone else that I know (I played it co-op with friends). The PC version was obviously an afterthought, especially the UI, but they didn't (nor indeed could they) patch it out.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

49. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 18, 2012, 08:17 DG

Bought the first game a while after release and really enjoyed it.

Occasionally a bit of a grind re-doing areas under different quests (identical but for picking up some item, or whatever) and there's the typical levelling issues for an action-rpg (it's even worse in Skyrim) but overall A++++++ would buy again.

BTW you could turn the cell-shading outlines off using a console command. I preferred them on.

48. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 19:39 Sleeeeepy

I really got a lot out of the first one, and enjoyed it thoroughly despite some of the UI issues and shit like that (also haha gamespy).

The humour and the I'm-not-taking-myself-seriously style gameplay made it a favourite to me, and this looks like they will iron out some of the crappier elements so I'm optimistic.

Plus the humour is still there. Lookin forward.

47. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 15:37 Prez

Far be it from me to tell others what they should and should not tolerate when it comes to games, but for the life of me I can't figure out what was "broken" about Borderlands. I don't remember it crashing once on me in the dozens of hours I played it. Was I just lucky?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

46. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 14:10 Dades

Krovven wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 19:30:
They made promises of the first game getting 'special PC attention' too. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd be interested to know why they didn't fix the glaring PC specific problems with the first game. It's not like the game didn't sell and wasn't supported post release. But they sure did support the game with plenty of paid DLC.

I enjoyed playing through Borderlands a couple times, however it had a horrible ending to a dull story.

At/near release I'll keep an eye out for a sale, but no way am I going to pay full price for the 2nd game.

Finally you say something I can agree with.

Butthurt trolololling aside (seriously, if you're going to stop buying PC games because their last iteration didn't have features that most skip due to console roots, just sell your PC and take up cross-stitching or something), this went from a wait-until-a-Steam-Sale, to a likely early buy to play with friends.

I liked the idea of the first game, so polished up, and with PC centric features, I'm in.

The first game was a broken piece of trash at release, forget the convenience features.

45. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 05:17 Dev

Cram wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 02:03:
kyleb wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 01:59:
Cram wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 00:54:
It has been 40 comments now, no one has mentioned "Logitech Keyboard Support". Am I the only one that went "wtf" with that one?
They are referring to the keyboards with the little LCD screens for showing game info like heath and ammo.

Ah! Thanks for the clarification.
Specifically for things like the g13 gaming device. They had this in borderlands 1 as well, so I'm sure it takes them very little extra work to port that over.

44. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 04:21 Graham

Creston wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 01:44:
Yeah, nice one, Randy Pitchford. You promised most of these things for the original Borderlands as well, and you delivered... oh that's right, NONE of them.

So you'll forgive me for taking your love letter with a big-ass pile of salt.

Prove it for a change. Actually put ALL these features in the game, and allow it to be reviewed 3, 4 days before it comes out, and I'll gladly buy it day one for full price.

Otherwise it'll be 50% off on Steam in a matter of months, and I can easily wait.

Creston

50%? I snagged the GoTY version for $7. Four pack for $28!

43. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 02:03 Cram

kyleb wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 01:59:
It has been 40 comments now, no one has mentioned "Logitech Keyboard Support". Am I the only one that went "wtf" with that one?
They are referring to the keyboards with the little LCD screens for showing game info like heath and ammo.

Ah! Thanks for the clarification.

42. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 01:59 kyleb

41. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 01:44 Creston

Yeah, nice one, Randy Pitchford. You promised most of these things for the original Borderlands as well, and you delivered... oh that's right, NONE of them.

So you'll forgive me for taking your love letter with a big-ass pile of salt.

Prove it for a change. Actually put ALL these features in the game, and allow it to be reviewed 3, 4 days before it comes out, and I'll gladly buy it day one for full price.

Otherwise it'll be 50% off on Steam in a matter of months, and I can easily wait.

Creston

40. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 00:54 Cram

It has been 40 comments now, no one has mentioned "Logitech Keyboard Support". Am I the only one that went "wtf" with that one? I didn't play the first one for more then a few hours admittedly, am I missing something here?
Edit: fwiw, I was using a Logitech keyboard during those few hours without problem.
Edit#2: Hell, I've been using Logitech Peripherals since the 90's. Is support of these devices the newest and greatest thing in the 10's that I'm not aware of? I've had a good laugh tonight.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2012, 01:23.

39. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 00:08 xXBatmanXx

I recall community fixes for most of the issues right away...I dunno. The most frustrating part was not being able to play co-op for a long time cause it was busted.

Overall, it felt like in the first one, once you jumped the gap, they kind of gave up making NPCs and the content was lacking. Weapons also aren't spread out very well. There is a HUGE gap in available weapons from level 40 to 55 or so. I am almost maxed on my character, and most of my weapons are lower level and hell of a lot better than a lot of the max stuff.

I dunno. Just seems like they put a TON of effort into the front end and then just hurried through the rest. There seemed to be a TON gonig on up until you jumped the gap. To much open area, to much driving from point to point with nothing happening.

That being said, I still find the game fun and hope they make the next one better and fix their mistakes. I have 5-6 characters in the first game. Finished with 1 and about half way with the others.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

38. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 22:09 Dev

I'll believe that list when I see it released. As I recall borderlands 1 had a month long delay for PC release date after the console because they were claimed to be adding things like that to the PC version, and it turned out they did NOTHING to it in that extra month.

I bought borderlands 1 as a day 1 purchase (or maybe it was pre-order). I'll likely wait a bit on this, make sure they deliver on what they claim. But yeah, I'll probably buy it at some point.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2012, 22:15.

37. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 22:07 Scud

I hope they fix the leveling issues they had in the first one, it really sucked having all the side quests rapidly become worthless as you went through the game. Otherwise I'm interested.  

36. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 22:03 nin

DangerDog wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 21:02:
Gives me a little hope that Aliens Colonial Marines won't be a crappy console port either.

That's a good point!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

35. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 21:23 Trevellian

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 20:19:
Drezden wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 19:16:
While Clouds are relatively new, FOV is not. They used to get FOV's right so you didn't need a slider was more of the idea I had in mind.
We didn't used to have widescreen monitors and enemies used to be 2D sprites... the point is that FOV has become necessary, like V-Sync, and developers are starting to take it seriously.

Stop moaning and just be happy that developers are listning.

I'm not moaning, you're simply retarded and reading it how you'd like to. I've stated several times I'm happy with what they're doing, and a Borderlands fan, and will be buying it. But your retarded mind warps that into bitching I guess. But that has become par for the course here at Blues. I'll just ignore you, makes my life easier not dealing with idiots.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

34. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 21:02 DangerDog

Gives me a little hope that Aliens Colonial Marines won't be a crappy console port either.  

33. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 20:19 theyarecomingforyou

Drezden wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 19:16:
While Clouds are relatively new, FOV is not. They used to get FOV's right so you didn't need a slider was more of the idea I had in mind.
We didn't used to have widescreen monitors and enemies used to be 2D sprites... the point is that FOV has become necessary, like V-Sync, and developers are starting to take it seriously.

Stop moaning and just be happy that developers are listning.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

32. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 16, 2012, 20:13 WyldKat

Will be getting because I had a blast with Borderlands 1 with friends but no I feel like I have to get it because of the PC support. Doing it right, Gearbox!  

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo