Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch

The Bethesda Blog has details on a new version 1.5 beta for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that's now available through Steam for owners of the RPG sequel. The new version includes a bunch of bug fixes as well as the following list of new features, including new kill cams:

• New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
  • New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
  • Shadows on grass available (PC)
  • Smithing skill increases now factor in the created itemís value
  • Improved visual transition when going underwater
  • Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 23:58 ^Drag0n^

Tumbler wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 21:33:
*Bioware* FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Stop giving away free content!!!!

LMAO!

Yeah, EA'd charge you $12.99...for each feature.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 21:47 RollinThundr

Tumbler wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 21:33:

Lol Thanks Tumbler, I shot coffee out my nose.

32. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 21:33 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

31. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 21:16 Rhino

Drezden wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 19:27:
I was under the impression the kill cam only happened when fighting the final mob in the group attacking you, and only if you crit the last swing. I don't recall ever having the slowmo cam go off in the middle of a fight. But I could be remembering that incorrectly.

I know that when I go into werewolf mode it will happen mid-fight, as other enemies approach (but seemingly never attack while my character slashes incessantly at their buddy); but I'm not sure if that's just a werewolf thing. Like I said, I tend to go 100% archery unless I feel like tearing a bandit camp to shreds.

30. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 19:58 ^Drag0n^

The Pyro wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 10:47:
Rhino wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 10:13:
As an archer I'm slightly curious to see just how many ways that there are to show "arrow slamming into a guy" in a cinematic fashion.

Our hero stoops in the cover of dense foliage and draws his bowstring taught. A dark hood shields his eyes from the high noon sun, casting his face in shadow as he lines up the shot.

With a gentle and almost casual precision, the string is released and the arrow springs from the bow.

We see now from the arrow's perspective as it races toward its mark. Only the target is in focus; all else is a blur. Caught completely unaware, the victim stands almost motionless until the arrow connects with his flesh. Then the pain hits him.

"GAAAHHH! MY KNEE! WHY IS IT ALWAYS IN THE KNEE!"

Hahahahah! Nice. +1.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

29. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 19:35 jimnms

I used a first person kill-cam mod for a while, but they still get annoying, so now I use the disable kill-cam mod. I would love for it to be an option like it is in New Vegas.

Will Beth ever make a game that doesn't require dozens of mods to fix bugs and balance issues. There is a better smithing overhaul mod on the nexus. I don't know the name of it since I'm out of town. It basically makes the smithing tree more like the other trees with the base option being weapon/armor improving with 5 increasing levels. Then it branches out to the different metals you can use.

The armor smithing and improving needs more work than fixing the spamming of daggers and bracers. I didn't spam shit to level up, I just played the game and picked up the materials along the way. I was so excited when I got smithing to 100, I immediately ran back to my house to make some dragon scale armor only to find out I didn't have enough scales to make and improve a full set of armor. I decided to look it up on the wiki to see what I needed and I would go about my business and come back when I had enough.

This is when I fin out how screwed up it is. The game, like previous games (and FO3) have a damage resistance cap of 80 or 85. The wiki people figured out what that translates to in armor rating and it's 560 ir 570 something. Any armor rating above that is useless. The glass armor I have already has a rating of over 700, so making dragon armor is pointless. I did make some anyway just to compare, and a full set, fully improved was only had 26 higher armor rating than the glass armor I already had if I fully upgrade it.

I've seen people making insane armors with 6000+ ratings using alchemy and enchanting hacks, but I guess they don't realize they're wasting their time. It would be useful to make armor with ratings higher than the 560/570 if armor degraded.

Steam Profile

28. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 19:27 Trevellian

I was under the impression the kill cam only happened when fighting the final mob in the group attacking you, and only if you crit the last swing. I don't recall ever having the slowmo cam go off in the middle of a fight. But I could be remembering that incorrectly.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

27. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 19:07 Kastagir

DrEvil wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 13:48:
space captain wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 12:57:
more dragons would be good

Are you kidding me? I wish there was an option to turn them off once the main questline is complete. They're just annoying as heck when you're trying to run around and explore.

You may need to consider whether this is the game for you, as dragons do play a rather significant role in the story.

26. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 19:04 Slashman

Creston wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 16:54:

Are you kidding me? I wish there was an option to turn them off once the main questline is complete. They're just annoying as heck when you're trying to run around and explore.

In fact, I've been attacked by as many as three at the same time!

That would be so fucking awesome. I once SAW two at the same time (not counting the ending), and I couldn't get either of them to attack me. I WANT to fight three dragons at once, dammit!

Creston

I got two elder dragons at once when I was in Winterhold. A frost and a fire. That...was pretty intense. No town guards left at the end. Ironically...I think all the other townsfolk survived.

25. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 18:00 Blackhawk

space captain wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 11:48:

you do know that this is a VIDEO GAME, right?

its not real, its not supposed to be real

its about elves and wizards and dragons.. its not about your pathetic idea of "immersion"

What do any of those things have to do with the quality of immersion?

24. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 17:13 venomhed

Agreed the friggin dragon attacks need to seriously be reduced! I hope/bet their is a mod for that, they should be very rare.  

23. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 16:54 Creston

That would be so fucking awesome. I once SAW two at the same time (not counting the ending), and I couldn't get either of them to attack me. I WANT to fight three dragons at once, dammit!

Creston

22. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 16:15 Slashman

Talisorn wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 15:52:
New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells

As an archer I'm slightly curious to see just how many ways that there are to show "arrow slamming into a guy" in a cinematic fashion. At least with blades there are flourishes and angles and what not. With arrows? Uh... arrow cam? Victim falling down dramatically?

Eh, maybe I'm not creative enough in this regard.

They better damn well include an arrow to the knee!

WIN!!!!!!

21. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 15:52 Talisorn

New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells

As an archer I'm slightly curious to see just how many ways that there are to show "arrow slamming into a guy" in a cinematic fashion. At least with blades there are flourishes and angles and what not. With arrows? Uh... arrow cam? Victim falling down dramatically?

Eh, maybe I'm not creative enough in this regard.

They better damn well include an arrow to the knee!

20. want to talk about stupid skyrim things? Mar 16, 2012, 14:58 space captain

how about fixing it so you can RUN AND JUMP AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME  
Go forth, and kill!

19. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 13:58 SimplyMonk

Needs more dragons.

18. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 13:48 DrEvil

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 12:57 space captain

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 12:53 jomisab

So we're starting to see some things from their "Game Jam" back in December. Awesome.  

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 12:29 Jerykk

Even more scary is the fact that you can completely turn the feature off with mods!!

It would be better if you could turn off the feature in the Options menu. Kill cams are cool the first time you see them. Not so cool after you see them 500 times. That applies to a lot of things that Bethesda puts in their games, actually. Like dragons. And Oblivion gates. And cliffracers.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo