Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III May 15th

Blizzard announces a May 15th release date for Diablo III, saying this is when the action/RPG sequel will be available at retail in many territories, and digitally in others. They have kicked off presales of the game on this page, offering the game in either form, as well as in a USD $99.99 alabaster-white retail Collector's Edition. They also offer a reminder that a free copy of the game is to be had for those who sign up for a World of Warcraft annual pass. Here's word:

In Diablo III, players take on the role of one of five heroic characters -- barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, or demon hunter -- and engage in pulse-pounding combat with endless legions of evil. As they undertake an epic quest to rid Sanctuary from the corrupting forces of the Burning Hells, players will explore diverse and perilous settings, grow in experience and ability, acquire artifacts of incredible power, and meet key characters who’ll join them in battle or aid them in other ways.

Diablo III was built from the ground up to leverage the full functionality of the Battle.net platform, which delivers powerful matchmaking and communication tools, allowing adventurers to seamlessly join forces for exciting cooperative play. Battle.net also provides a secure infrastructure for the Diablo III auction house, a feature-rich marketplace that Sanctuary’s heroes can use to trade their hard-earned treasures. Players will be able to buy and sell weapons, armor, and other valuable items in the auction house in exchange for in-game gold. Players will also have the option to receive real-world currency for auction house sales, which they can apply to their Battle.net Balance for the purchase of a variety of digital products through Battle.net, including Diablo III auction house items, or cash out through a third-party payment service such as PayPal™ in most regions. Further details related to the auction house will be announced in the coming weeks.

View
233 Replies. 12 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

33. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 12:11 Yakubs

Really no reason not to buy the game off of Battle.net directly. It will unlock at midnight so you won't even need to drive home from a midnight release or anything. Plus, Amazon sometimes fails to deliver games on release day even with their guarantee (happened to me with Dark Souls).

A hacker could hack Gamestop's databases too, you know.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 12:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

WarChilde wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:39:

My biggest concern at this point is with the Barb. What feels like the best Beta build doesn't use a single resource spender and my theorycrafting says I should be able to carry this through with multiple builds through normal mode.

That's odd, I found the Barbarian to be the most well rounded class and most polished class. Also, you only need 1 or 2 spenders, really, for huge damage/Fury dumps, even in retail, I'd imagine.

Seismic slam and/or Ancient Hammer(for the beta) seem like the best choice, since they have no cooldown aside from weapon speed.

Monk on the other hand, it seems like most of the spirit spenders aren't as good as previous patches, damage wise.

My only question now is, buy a physical copy, or digital download? Aka how secure is their digital service for credit card numbers, considering the amount of hacking that's going to go on because of the RMAH? I am leaning toward a physical copy, although this may just be total paranoia.

31. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 12:05 Muscular Beaver

Finally all those fanboy posts like "AMG!!!!! I CUT MY WRISTS IF DIABLO 3 DOESNT COME OUT TOMORROW!!!!!111" will stop.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

30. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 12:03 Agent.X7

Just cancelled my Amazon pre-order the other day. Guess I will be doing a midnight release at my store. Guess I need to hire someone so I can play while she hands out games.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 12:03 Shok

Due to my unstable internet connection the only way I'll be buying this is if the pirates come out with a decent offline mode. Yes, I will actually buy the game if a third party cracks it. FU Activision/Blizzard.  

28. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 12:01 Krovven

Verno wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:17:
I haven't put in any Demon Hunter time lately in the beta, does it play any better since the retooling? It was a really awkward skill/dual resource mix that just didn't flow well.

I enjoy the Demon Hunter, however I have been liking all the classes since the Rune additions. But I'd say the DH is my favorite, or 2nd fav. I rather like the Rapid Fire skill.

Played a Hardcore Wizard through the beta last night (first time since Runes added) and it was pretty awesome watching bodies explode after I got the first Rune for Shock Pulse.

May 15th cant come soon enough!

27. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:46 Alamar

PHJF wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 11:15:

I haven't put in any Demon Hunter time lately in the beta, does it play any better since the retooling? It was a really awkward skill/dual resource mix that just didn't flow well.

DH is just weak for DPS in the beta. None of the skills offer good, quick AoE damage, something every other class has.

Anyways, I've just been playing through the beta again and I am still on the fence. Feels like the magic might be gone.

This is half true... And I felt similarly (started a hardcore DH the other day)... Now that Bola was moved up in the 'tree', your only 'early' AOE option is the snare generator (forget the name), which hits 2 targets... not a big deal, but once it's runed (at 7?), it hits 4, and is awesome...

I personally enjoy the bola, because delayed damage is fun for me (as well as DoTs), but the 4 target snare attack is great on groups (partly because it chains, literally and literally ).

-Alamar

26. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:42 Dev

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 11:31:
WAY overkill for d3. A $500 gaming box can play D3.

True enough, currently my 4 year old AMD Tricore can play Starcraft II, and D3 Beta at 60fps, 1080p. courtesy of GTX460 and Intel 80GB SSD.
So since that's true, want to send your newer box my way? I'm envious

25. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:31 Optional nickname

True enough, currently my 4 year old AMD Tricore can play Starcraft II, and D3 Beta at 60fps, 1080p. courtesy of GTX460 and Intel 80GB SSD.

24. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:30 InBlack

Wonder what was wrong with PvP that they decided not to ship.

Im guessing there was nothing wrong with it, because it was never functional.

Also I have to say Arenas in Diablo? Really? Fuck that shit, I want TKers, PKers and the other Kers in my games.

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:26 RollinThundr

Dev wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 11:13:
May? Thats pretty dang quick for having to rebalance everything after overhauling the entire item system after last beta. And the other changes.

I guess thats why no PvP. I feel the hand of activision pushing at blizzard.
Optional nickname wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:56:
GTX680, Intel Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD 520 120GB, Diablo 3, Asus PA246Q 1920*1200 , Asus Essence STX , 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Kingston HyperX, a spare mouse.

worth it.

At some point people had to realize Activision was going to force their hand and say "ship the damn thing" Blizzard imo doesn't deserve a pass for having such inept project management that they require a decade per game. Especially since most of their games are tweaked sequels to begin with.

22. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:15 PHJF

DH is just weak for DPS in the beta. None of the skills offer good, quick AoE damage, something every other class has.

Anyways, I've just been playing through the beta again and I am still on the fence. Feels like the magic might be gone.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

21. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:13 Dev

May? Thats pretty dang quick for having to rebalance everything after overhauling the entire item system after last beta. And the other changes.

I guess thats why no PvP. I feel the hand of activision pushing at blizzard.
Optional nickname wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:56:
GTX680, Intel Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD 520 120GB, Diablo 3, Asus PA246Q 1920*1200 , Asus Essence STX , 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Kingston HyperX, a spare mouse.

worth it.

20. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:10 Fion

nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:38:

I still think Activision is planning to use b.net as an alternative to steam,

None of these new publisher-run 'steam alternatives' will have any success if they keep trying to lock down the gamer by constricting their selling platform and restricting everything else. These guys like Acti/Bliz and EA with Origin are treating their platforms like consoles, where they control everything and that is fundamentally opposed to the heart of PC Gaming, and is why Steam has been so very successful. Until these two learn this fact they will continue to be stumped as to why everyone avoids them.

19. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:06 Fion

May/June is going to be a packed field for online RPGs/MMORPGs with this, The Secret World, TERA and potentially Guild Wars 2 all coming out in those two months.

Granted I don't really care about any of them but GW2. I'll certainly give them a try but if it comes right down to it I'll wait a few extra months on each of them if need be.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2012, 12:47.

18. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 11:01 Omni

hype hype hype hype and hype and no pvp which will prolly gonna cost extra with an upcoming DLC but nothing a emulator cant fixed.  

17. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 10:56 Hammer

Verno wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:17:

It start getting better once you get the first rune of Rapid Fire. Really didn't like the DH at first - but when I went back later, found it enjoyable.

As a side note, you can start the pre-download if you've signed up for the annual pass...!

16. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 10:56 Optional nickname

worth it.

15. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 10:54 Bucky

Frijoles wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:46:
nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:07:
Yeaa!!!!! My amazon preorder is still locked, it looks like.

If you pre-order with Amazon before they show the same-day shipping, does it switch over to that? I've been thinking about pre-ordering it for a while, but not if they're going to deliver it a week late.

You can change the delivery options, though it still does not show release day delivery. My guess would be that because Amazon doesn't yet have the release date in their system the option is not available.

Two more months. Happy that we've got a date, sad that I've gotta wait until May.

14. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 10:48 nin

Frijoles wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:46:
nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:07:
Yeaa!!!!! My amazon preorder is still locked, it looks like.

If you pre-order with Amazon before they show the same-day shipping, does it switch over to that? I've been thinking about pre-ordering it for a while, but not if they're going to deliver it a week late.

I have Prime, so I should get release date delivery, I believe.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

233 Replies. 12 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo