Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Beware the Ides of March. They certainly were not good to Julius Caesar, and they also have brought bad tidings to Mike D'Antoni, Mets ownership, and David Milch fans. It also seems to have brought some bad mojo to the server here, as we suffered outages yesterday afternoon, and in the wee hours of this morning. A further complication of this is an error that persisted afterwards breaking the forums, but Frans gamely clambered into the Jefferies tube to address this, and things seem to be back to normal now. Apologies for the downtime and a hearty thanks to Frans for his timely assistance.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Blockgineer 2.
Links: Half-Life Barnacle Lamp. Thanks Cutter.
Stories: "Sin" & "Machete" Sequels Film This Year. Thanks nin.
"Bike Thief". Thanks Boing Boing.
Just Following Instructions.
Media: After Stargate.
Baby Plays Dead.
Dog afraid of Richard Simmons.
Follow-up: "24" The Movie: On Hold, Likely Dead?

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2012, 01:49 Creston

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 21:52:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:47:
Verno wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 14:58:
There will be a Verno NPC in Wasteland 2 for anyone who has always wanted to kill me but never had the opportunity Disguise

Will there be a Cutter NPC? Please?

Yes, but he's unkillable, super cool and gets all the hot chicks in-game.

Did you go for the $25000 donation?

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 23:15 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 21:52:
There will be a Verno NPC in Wasteland 2 for anyone who has always wanted to kill me but never had the opportunity Disguise

Hahahaha! Well played, sir.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 21:52 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 20:47 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 17:52 Creston

Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 14:53:
Creston wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 14:51:
Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 13:10:
Can't agree on 24 season 7. Every season after the Nixon look-alike was idiotic and insulting. I only watched pieces of them.

Season 7 totally sucked! I only watched pieces of it!

... okay.

Creston

Are you criticizing me judging it when I saw maybe only the first three episodes?

Yeah, was that not obvious? I can add a Rolleyes smiley to it, if you want?

Season 5's first four or five episodes dealt with nothing but the president's utter fucking HARPY of a wife and the assassination attempt on the Russian prime minister. They were really slow, dragged on for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long with the whining of that harpy about literally everything in her life, etc etc etc

2 episodes later (not quite sure, it's been awhile since I saw it), the president is implicated as being the bad guy behind it, and the whole season just EXPLODES in awesomeness, and is frequently mentioned as people's favorite season.

Season 7 started off kinda slow, but it also really picked up. So yeah, if you saw just a few episodes, and then call it "Idiotic and insulting," based on that, I'm going to call bullshit on that. If you didn't like the season, fine. But you're still basing it off "pieces of them."

Creston

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 15:31 Cutter

RDR is just awesome! It's criminal it didn't come to the PC. Still the greatest animated horses of any game ever.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 15:07 Hoop

Have ordered Red dead redemption game of the year edition, got it really cheap no need to get all the dlc.
My first foray into console shooters is actually a heavily discounted copy of Rage believe it or not. I'm really enjoying it, looks beautiful & starts off gentle so I can get the hang of aiming with the controller.
As a casual golfer hacker I intend getting Tiger Woods PGA tour 13 for Kinect when released at the end of the month.

Um .. Behind you...

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 14:58 Verno

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 14:26:
Woot, Wasteland 2 has surpased a mil 2 days into it! Grats Fargo an co. It'll be sweet to see where they end up and what we end up with!

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 14:53 Beamer

Creston wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 14:51:
Can't agree on 24 season 7. Every season after the Nixon look-alike was idiotic and insulting. I only watched pieces of them.

... okay.

Creston

Are you criticizing me judging it when I saw maybe only the first three episodes?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 14:51 Creston

... okay.

Creston

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 14:26 Cutter

Woot, Wasteland 2 has surpased a mil 2 days into it! Grats Fargo an co. It'll be sweet to see where they end up and what we end up with!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 13:41 J

Machete was awesome. Thanks nin!  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 13:10 Beamer

As for good recent shows: Archer, Community, Justified, Terriers (RIP.) Maybe not many, but they're still great shows.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 12:39 Creston

Shok wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 12:06:
Hopefully the ides of March doesn't include the 17th since I'm getting married Saturday

Congrats, man!

Creston

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 12:38 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:23:
"24" The Movie: On Hold, Likely Dead?

I don't think there is a need for closure with 24 anyway. It was recycling plotlines by the 3rd season and went on entirely too long. It was a guilty pleasure but we get more than enough silly action movies these days, with a 60 million dollar budget including marketing I can't see them doing anything worthwhile either.

After the disgrace that was season 6 (hey, let's watch Chloe bicker with her ex-husband for 20-30 minutes per fucking episode!) I thought it'd die off, but season 7 was really, really excellent. Probably my favorite season after season 5.

8 was just really dull. I never finished watching it on TV, and while I bought the DVD set, it's gathering dust in a closet somewhere.

So yeah, I agree that there's really no need for a movie. Still one of my fave tv shows of all time though.

Creston

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 12:06 Spektr

nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 11:50:
Spektr wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 11:41:
Someone single?

Bet he wants to marry the girl with the Alien heels

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 12:06 Shok

Hopefully the ides of March doesn't include the 17th since I'm getting married Saturday  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 12:05 Spektr

How can sin city be a tv show? You are not meaning Spin city right? :p  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 11:56 Dmitri_M

That thing is in the basement or a walk in closet.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2012, 11:50 nin

Spektr wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 11:41:
That barnacle lamp is cool but damn ugly. Who's geeky enough to put that in his dining room :p

Someone single?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo