Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Diablo III Class Skills

The Diablo III Website now offers more videos revealing class-specific skills for Diablo III, Blizzard's upcoming action/RPG sequel. Word is: "Some of these skills are previously unseen; others are familiar abilities that we’ve presented before; still others have been slightly tweaked from their original function. The videos listed below show skills that are unmodified by skill runes; they’re all depicted in their ‘basic’ form."

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 15, 2012, 10:02 InBlack

Yep its definitely out (the date not the game)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4612389/Test-3_16_2012

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 15, 2012, 09:58 nin

Amazon hasn't updated yet, but K confirms.

Starting to look like a busy summer for gaming...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

40. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 15, 2012, 09:39 InBlack

Well the date is out!

Its the 15th of May.

One month later than I figured, still early enough I guess.

I have a nifty blue line!

39. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 22:11 Ventura

You're asking us if you should buy a game that isn't out based on some feedback from the few players of a beta which is respective of roughly 3% of said game?

When you put it like that, all things considered it sounds like a great place to start.

38. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 21:45 Steele Johnson

Remember everyone, try to lower your expectations.  

37. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 21:42 nin

my eye was drawn to a couple of posts by people who are still posting nowadays... check out these 2008 reactions!

HA! I stand by my comment.

36. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 21:37 Ant

MisterBenn wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 21:34:
If they can just hold on until June 28th then it will be exactly 4 years that the game has been reported as on its way! I looked up the Blue's Archives here for the announcement... my eye was drawn to a couple of posts by people who are still posting nowadays... check out these 2008 reactions!

Ant: "Diablo is going to make me addicted again. :/ Myth has a big competitor now."

Cutter: "Ahahaha, sup gaming bitches? I called it! Fucking knew this was in the works for a while now. Anyway, colour me in. I'm gonna' hit this shit like Ike hit Tina!"

nin: "Somewhere, right now, Bill Roper is crying, wishing he'd never left Blizz."

Wildone: "Meh. next"

xXBatmanXx: "Watched the vids - doesn't really appear to be "more of the same". New characters, monsters are way better, gameplay although clickfest demon fighting, looks a lot better."

Beamer: "I don't trust Diablo 3 entirely because the team that made Diablo Diablo is gone. This is a sequel in name only."

... those were the days!
Haha. Wow.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

35. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 21:34 MisterBenn

If they can just hold on until June 28th then it will be exactly 4 years that the game has been reported as on its way! I looked up the Blue's Archives here for the announcement... my eye was drawn to a couple of posts by people who are still posting nowadays... check out these 2008 reactions!

Ant: "Diablo is going to make me addicted again. :/ Myth has a big competitor now."

Cutter: "Ahahaha, sup gaming bitches? I called it! Fucking knew this was in the works for a while now. Anyway, colour me in. I'm gonna' hit this shit like Ike hit Tina!"

nin: "Somewhere, right now, Bill Roper is crying, wishing he'd never left Blizz."

Wildone: "Meh. next"

xXBatmanXx: "Watched the vids - doesn't really appear to be "more of the same". New characters, monsters are way better, gameplay although clickfest demon fighting, looks a lot better."

Beamer: "I don't trust Diablo 3 entirely because the team that made Diablo Diablo is gone. This is a sequel in name only."

... those were the days!

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

34. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 20:05 PHJF

You're asking us if you should buy a game that isn't out based on some feedback from the few players of a beta which is respective of roughly 3% of said game?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

33. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 20:00 nin

Ventura wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 19:57:
So... should I buy it?

I mean, it's out shortly (ish), either way, but is it really any good? Haven't we done the click click click dungeon crawler thing a thousand times before already?

Just curious. I'm interested, but I don't really know why. Starcraft 2 didn't really do much for me, why should this?

I think, if you're on the fence at all, you should wait for Torchlight 2. It'll be cheaper, and based on your "click click click dungeon crawler" comment, you'll be out less if you don't like the style.

I'll be getting both, but I enjoy that kind of game.

32. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 19:57 Ventura

So... should I buy it?

I mean, it's out shortly (ish), either way, but is it really any good? Haven't we done the click click click dungeon crawler thing a thousand times before already?

Just curious. I'm interested, but I don't really know why. Starcraft 2 didn't really do much for me, why should this?

31. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 17:40 Tumbler

Oooo Diablo III news? One second...*leaves Room for a moment*

Ok Let's Do this.

Popcorn

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

30. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 16:31 Cutter

Derpablo 3.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

29. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 16:01 Alamar

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 15:39:
Krovven wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 12:50:
April 17th certainly seems plausible. Beta testers only have a small part of the game to go by, but it's pretty solid. Game improved drastically with Patch 13, with the entry of Runes. Patch 14 enabled Hardcore mode.
Yeah I've been in the beta for quite some time. Normal was way too easy, it's by far harder now. Much more intune with what I remember from diablo/2. I'm just glad they fixed some of the serious skill bugs that were in p12. Nothing like breaking the ability to interact with the environment.

I'm fine with this, because it's the first wee bit of the game, but...

The beta, until patch 14, was a silly joke of a non-challenge... Even without pimped out BS gear... I died once, because I didn't know the game wouldn't pause when I alt tabbed (unless I hit escape first)...

Since patch 14 though, I did legitimately die once, but that was only because I decided, 'what the hell, it's beta, I'll try hardcore'...

Makes me wonder how long after launch the first hardcore 60's will show up... Saw someone suggest a 'feat of strength' for getting a hardcore char to max (or rather, 'beat the game', whichever version that means) before a normal char. Neat idea, but since you only have one shot at it, I don't like it : )

afk, back to my hardcore demon hunter. Level 9 and climbing ; )

-Alamar

28. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 15:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Krovven wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 12:50:
April 17th certainly seems plausible. Beta testers only have a small part of the game to go by, but it's pretty solid. Game improved drastically with Patch 13, with the entry of Runes. Patch 14 enabled Hardcore mode.
Yeah I've been in the beta for quite some time. Normal was way too easy, it's by far harder now. Much more intune with what I remember from diablo/2. I'm just glad they fixed some of the serious skill bugs that were in p12. Nothing like breaking the ability to interact with the environment.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 15:24 aphistic

Blizzard will announce the release date of mid- to late-April on April 1st and nobody will take it seriously until it actually comes out on that day.  

26. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 14:55 Fion

Early April would be nice. Give me something to play while I wait for GW2 to hit, which in all likelihood is may/june.  

25. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 14:39 Verno

Why would they wet their pants? People will probably buy both, there is a lot of crossover in the audiences but not in the way you're probably thinking. I'll play Diablo III for short term dicking around and item collection then play GW2 for longer MP sessions with friends.

I'm more anxious to see how TL2 is shaping up, I'm expecting a lot from that sequel as the first game was basically a hollow shell of promise.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

24. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 14:37 Wildone

Its 'netspeak' man;) I guess they are also wetting their pants as GW2 looks very imminent but it only took them 3 or 4 years to do that one lol  

23. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 14:11 Verno

Wildone wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 13:29:
April 13th wtmf! They will wanna do at least 6 months more cockteasing on this product its not even started yet!

I'm not sure what form of English this is but the game is coming together fairly well, I doubt it'll be another six months. The decision to drop PvP at release was made with that in mind.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo