Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Diablo III Class Skills

The Diablo III Website now offers more videos revealing class-specific skills for Diablo III, Blizzard's upcoming action/RPG sequel. Word is: "Some of these skills are previously unseen; others are familiar abilities that we’ve presented before; still others have been slightly tweaked from their original function. The videos listed below show skills that are unmodified by skill runes; they’re all depicted in their ‘basic’ form."

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

22. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 13:29 Wildone

April 13th wtmf! They will wanna do at least 6 months more cockteasing on this product its not even started yet!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:50 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 12:38:
Darks wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 12:12:

This is a quote from Jay Wilson on the games release date.

Interesting, guess we'll see in a couple of months time then.

April 17th certainly seems plausible. Beta testers only have a small part of the game to go by, but it's pretty solid. Game improved drastically with Patch 13, with the entry of Runes. Patch 14 enabled Hardcore mode. The Normal difficulty got slightly tougher (has been far too easy up to this point).

Basically a buddy and I are just tired of playing the same area and want to see the rest of the game. I'll be getting the game without question.

20. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:38 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 12:12:

Interesting, guess we'll see in a couple of months time then.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:29 Krovven

Reminder for Wildone, go take your medication.

18. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:28 Wildone

In dog years, its not 8 weeks but 8 years.  

17. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:27 Wildone

Yea I think the same thing was said of DKF about 6 years ago. LMAO.  

16. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:27 Wildone

Why are they bothering to show this, when the release date is so far off and they will do it all over again anyway. FAIL.

AHAHaHAHAHAHAHAH aHAHAHHAHA Q4 2014!!!!!! AHaHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHA H AH HAHAHAHA H

15. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:23 Verno

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:45:
Nvidia GTX 680 coming March 23rd, and with the latest drivers out today, supporting D3, I think we can assume 2-6 weeks from then. Intel IVY bridge CPU's will lift NDA some time early April (2nd week).

good times.

Ironically Diablo 3 will run on most machines slightly elevated from toaster status

Between Diablo III and a possible Dark Souls PC release I'll be nearing gaming nirvana this year.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

14. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:21 PHJF

When asked how close they were to announcing the release date on a scale from 1 to 10, Blizzard responded "9". Further tweets from Jay Wilson have revealed that the release date is set, he just can't tell us yet.

Well if 1 is the release date for Diablo II and 10 is the release date for Diablo III, we still have a ways to go

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:12 Darks

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:25:
Well one thing to point out the D3 beta isn't over yet. And that doesn't usually end until a month or a few weeks beforehand. The current beta is 0.8.0.8815, which could easily be another 2-4 months of development time or 6mo at this rate.

When asked how close they were to announcing the release date on a scale from 1 to 10, Blizzard responded "9". Further tweets from Jay Wilson have revealed that the release date is set, he just can't tell us yet.

To me, on that scale that means no more than 8 weeks at best.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

12. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 12:07 Darks

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:45:
Nvidia GTX 680 coming March 23rd, and with the latest drivers out today, supporting D3, I think we can assume 2-6 weeks from then. Intel IVY bridge CPU's will lift NDA some time early April (2nd week).

good times.

Blues, Why don’t you start a contest and have people try to pick the release date. You could have a giveaway of a game or something for the winner. Maybe even a copy of the Diablo 3 game. It could be a lot of fun. My pick is April 23rd.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

11. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 11:53 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:40:
I think Blizzard have mentioned that the beta will probably run right up to the release date.
Don't think I've seen that, if you've got a link I'd be interested in seeing it. If not, no biggie.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 11:45 Optional nickname

good times.

9. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 11:40 InBlack

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:25:
Well one thing to point out the D3 beta isn't over yet. And that doesn't usually end until a month or a few weeks beforehand. The current beta is 0.8.0.8815, which could easily be another 2-4 months of development time or 6mo at this rate.

I think Blizzard have mentioned that the beta will probably run right up to the release date.

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 11:25 Mashiki Amiketo

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 11:22 InBlack

rist3903 wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:08:
Wouldn't the game have to have gone gold before boxed copies can exist?

Gone gold is sort of an outdated term. It used to describe the process when the final version of the game got sent off to manufacturing.

Nowdays the content on the CD/DVD is hardly the one that ends up being the release version. Day one patches are now the norm.

When you hear that a game has "gone gold", it basically means that the release date is set and a final version of the game is locked in.
With a worldwide day one release, the logistics REQUIRE that you have everything ready weeks, even months in advance before this date.

They are still working on the game, tweaking, making changes and I think will continue to do so even after the "gold" announcement, perhaps right up to the release date.

However that doesnt mean that a version (that includes most of the assets used in the game) isnt already sitting in some warehouse waiting for that Day 1 patch.

6. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 11:12 nin

rist3903 wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:08:

Normally yes. And it could well have. But seeing as the first thing you get to do is connect to battle.net, a several hundred meg patch on launch day wouldn't be out of the question.

Technically, what's in the box could be a build from several months ago that they update when you login.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 11:08 rist3903

4. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 10:57 InBlack

April, 17th. Its not official or anything, but it was leaked from Blizzard Italy, and Jay Wilson's twitter reply to the rumour was this:

"I cant debunk or confirm that date".

Combined with reports that shipping warehouses in Germany already have boxed copies of Diablo3 on stock, Im hoping thats a pretty solid date.

3. Re: More Diablo III Class Skills Mar 14, 2012, 10:47 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 10:22:
Ship date? No? Back to work then...

I'll bet since I'm heading out to be in the asshole of nowhere in Nunavut for the next 11 weeks, I'm sure the ship date will posted within the next 1-2 weeks to a month.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo