Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Op Ed Mar 15, 2012, 18:11 Creston

LOL

his name... was Marauder Shields.

and more lulz!

Creston

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2012, 18:30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Op Ed Mar 15, 2012, 00:21 Sepharo

Flatline wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 18:14:
So it strikes me that ME3 is a lot like the ending to the Dark Tower series. When Roland walks into the tower, the story is over. Seriously. Put the f*cking book down and walk away. Keep reading (even though Stephen King warned you) and you only end up disappointed.

You son of a bitch....

I'm on IV.

Should I read the newest one (that I just found out about right now) that takes place inbetween IV and V next? The "Reception" section on Wikipedia makes me think I should.

33. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 23:57 Pete

The ending pissed me off. Great game up to that point though.  
Doin' it Big

32. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 18:14 Flatline

So it strikes me that ME3 is a lot like the ending to the Dark Tower series. When Roland walks into the tower, the story is over. Seriously. Put the f*cking book down and walk away. Keep reading (even though Stephen King warned you) and you only end up disappointed.  

31. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 17:37 Tumbler

Play right up until you reach the final discussion with the Illusive Man in control chamber in the Citadel. Quit the game, and play this video.

I was planning on ending my game at this moment and just starting a new character...nice to see an ending I can put on that game!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

30. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 17:08 Creston

I wouldn't call it the worst ending EVER, because there have been games that literally had the words "The end." pop up 0.0001 second after you kill the final boss.

That said, I do think it's the absolute worst way they could have ended the ME saga. (actually, no, I take that back. the worst way would have been to have the current endings with DUBSTEP.)

Creston

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2012, 17:30.

29. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 17:05 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 15:57:
Collective heart attacks would be acceptable reapercussions

I like the word Reapercussions.

Creston

28. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 17:04 Cutter

Effing good article!

I can live with the unhappy ending. We all knew it had to come to a close. Even forgoing looking at the massive plotholes and illogic of it all. But...did it have to be so damned depressing? If it was going to be a nonsensical on-rails ending why not at least have everyone go down in a blaze of glory? In fact they should have utilized Bon Jovi's Blaze of Glory and went out on a high note with all the requisite slow-mo gunfights, explosions, etc. They should have taken a page from every great military/western/action flick and provided the player with a grand last stand where they go out doing it right.

Afterall, everyone dies, but not everyone dies with a purpose. And given the opportunity I think most of us would prefer our deaths to be glorious and full of meaning, not just some depressing 'Sucks to be you' sort of death after all the blood, sweat, and tears it took to get to this final climactic event.

They could have went with the Shephard's love interest gets killed in the final battle in the crucible which leads to the requisite "Nooooooo!" and as he's all shot up manages to push the button that sets the crucible off and the allies win the day.

Or they could have gone with the standard buddy ending. Him and Garrus trading some macho quips and laughs before the final push in which Garrus dies defending him and then Shephard all shot up pushes the button with his last breath and again they win the day.

There's so many ways they could have gone with this to at least made the ending satisfying in a way people could have forgiven them for all the other crap. I quote the Comic Book Guy with no hyperbole when I say, "Worst ending ever."

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

27. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:59 nin

We already paid for the ending after all.

Did you? We'll see what EA says about that...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

26. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:57 eRe4s3r

Collective heart attacks would be acceptable reapercussions  

25. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:56 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 15:52:
Well then, lets re-render the endings, get some voice overs going.. can't be that hard? It could be an extra application that imports your last save........ and then displays the ending you WOULD and SHOULD have gotten.

I think we are on to a meme here.. if enough interest is there fans could come up with their own personalized endings easily. But it begs the question why we are playing games by bioware then... if fans handle the endings, then wtf is the point in buying the games.

Well, for 149 hours and 55 minutes (on average), the Mass Effect series has been one of the most fantastic voyages I've ever experienced in gaming. So I can forgive their writer sniffing too much detergent on the morning that he wrote the ending.

As for free DLC. LOL. Please check again which company BOUGHT Bioware. I think they'd have a collective heart attack at the thought of giving something away for free.

Creston

24. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:53 eRe4s3r

It should be free DLC, obviously. We already paid for the ending after all.

I think EA might be well advised, usually they do listen and this would be a good opportunity to get some goodwill going. "We listen, and we promise to make it better for free"

If EA would force that onto Bioware i'd never again say a bad word about EA

23. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:52 eRe4s3r

Well then, lets re-render the endings, get some voice overs going.. can't be that hard? It could be an extra application that imports your last save........ and then displays the ending you WOULD and SHOULD have gotten.

I think we are on to a meme here.. if enough interest is there fans could come up with their own personalized endings easily. But it begs the question why we are playing games by bioware then... if fans handle the endings, then wtf is the point in buying the games.

22. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:47 Bhruic

Enjoy your 1000 times better ending.

Damn. Just damn. At least 1000 times better. If Bioware had done that, and put in the appropriate people/voice-overs, I would have been satisfied.

21. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:41 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 15:20:
Besides... I really think Bioware is gonna go for the Epilog DLC.. there is no way they can let this ending stand. It disgraces their entire franchise.

They will do no such thing. Because if they create an epilog DLC, two things will happen :

1) they establish the fact that they will now make you buy games and then charge you later for the ending. That would cause an uproar that would make Ubisoft's DRM seem like a blowjob by Bar Refaeli in comparison.

2) It would mean they are admitting THAT THEIR FANS ARE RIGHT, and they are WRONG.

And after the sheer fucking ARROGANCE displayed after Dragon Age 2, do you seriously believe that there is a single person within Bioware who is capable of admitting that?

It's never going to happen.

I give it a month before some CGI guru has come up with an ending in which your war assets rape the shit out of the Reapers. As it SHOULD have ended.

Creston

20. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:38 Creston

Other than some bad Shepard dialogue, this guy actually wrote a really fantastic ending.

Creston

19. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:20 eRe4s3r

But how can this ending know whom i killed and romanced?

Besides... I really think Bioware is gonna go for the Epilog DLC.. there is no way they can let this ending stand. It disgraces their entire franchise. Also i hope the writer never gets a job in writing again. This is terrible, not just as a ending, but as an illogical collection of random garbage that can't even be called coherent writing. The video you posted really just reiterated what everyone is thinking who played M1 and M2 as well as 3

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2012, 15:25.

18. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:07 Creston

Here's an even better thing to do.

Play right up until you reach the final discussion with the Illusive Man in control chamber in the Citadel. Quit the game, and play this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8DZApxgmEc&feature=related

Enjoy your 1000 times better ending.

Creston

17. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 14:41 Bhruic

http://i41.tinypic.com/2567l1z.jpg

And that sums the ending up nicely.

16. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 14:38 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 13:44:
To me Tali will always look like "insert imagination" and that is that.

Nod

Tali

Creston

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo