Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 15, 2012, 02:10 Kitkoan

Only problem wtf_man is that the iPad IS a console. With the DRM baked into the system and only allowed to install and run what the maker allows it, the iPad is the newest gen console. Sure, it can be jailbroken today, but its getting harder to do. And does the same thing as a modded console too.

As for the whole airplay, many Android devices already support HDMI in some form and airplay only works with Apple TV so airplay isn't really all that cracked up unless you also buy Apple TV to match the iPad which really jacks up the price (don't know the price of an Apple TV and the Apple website is down at the moment, seems they are redesigning it) Maybe in the future TV's will have Bluetooth built in and then Android devices could send the signal that way?

As for Tablets being about 1080p, I don't know how much of that is a good thing. Its beyond standard so movies will have borders and as much as people love to claim that means we will start seeing higher res movies/tv shows I'm not seeing that. Most tv channels don't yet support 1080p let alone recording equipment and people/businesses aren't going to throw everything out and buy higher non-standard gear just to support the iPad 3 (and who knows what the real standard will be in the end. Right now it's all in the air.) Until 1080p becomes the default for everything, don't hold your breathe for a higher standard.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 14, 2012, 22:42 wtf_man

Sweeney 'doesn't see' top-end browser games replacing consoles.

Because tablets that can wirelessly stream to the TV... is what will replace consoles.
(Example: iPad with Apple TV using "airplay"... of course there will be some Android equivalent eventually).

~The games are cheap.
~The accelerometer + some screen real-estate for touch buttons makes a decent controller.
~As the player, you can watch the tablet or the TV
~onlookers vane watch the TV.
~Tablets are finally getting above 1080p resolution (Ipad 3 for now, Android soon)
~You ca take your games with you when you travel.

There's no need for a Wii U console, since popular tablets will be able to do the same thing.
As for a new XBox or Playstation... there might be one last model squeezed out before tablet technology completely obliterates them, IMO.

Watching the console kiddies squirm, as their platform of choice gets less and less attention, will make me smile.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 14, 2012, 21:41 nin

Actually I suck at it, but I still have a good time. And the PinballFX tables are fun, especially the Marvel ones.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 14, 2012, 17:09 Cutter

Why? Do you sure play a mean pinball?

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 14, 2012, 10:15 nin

Zen announces Marvel Pinball DLC and Pinball FX 3.

Wish they'd hurry up with a steam release!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo