Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking

The BioWare Social Network has a thread that began a few days back about how some players are finding they've lost access to kits they've unlocked in Mass Effect 3 either through gameplay or microtransactions in the action/RPGs. There are suggestions on ways to possibly avoid this. BioWare says they are continuing to investigate the problem, and there are posts suggesting this is still occurring as of a couple of hours ago. Thanks PC Gamer.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 21:25 Creston

Tumbler wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 17:10:
Meh, I blame Swtor.

That's probably closer to the truth than you think, as they put Drew Karpyshyn on TOR, and then gave the ME3 reigns to Mac Walters, and he is obviously in no way ready to write an episode of Teletubbies, much less the end to an epic space trilogy.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 21:24 Creston

PropheT wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 16:21:
It degrades about 5% every 24 hours from what I've seen. 100% isn't really necessary to get the best ending, but if you want to maintain that percentage that's probably going to be 45 minutes to an hour every day just as maintenance...kind of nuts.

It doesn't fall that much. 3% a day is about where it tops out. It seems to fall quicker if you start and stop the game a lot, however.

Edit : Okay, I take that back. It DOES fall that quickly. Mine has dropped from 96% yesterday morning to 89% today. Then again, it makes literally NO difference to the shitty ending you get, so don't bother with it.

You can earn 4% GR by finishing a bronze match, which takes an average of 20 minutes with a decent team. (of course, most of the time, your team will be a bunch of retards who forget to GET INTO THE FUCKING LZ WHEN TIME EXPIRES, COSTING YOU 1% OF GR (and 10K experience) IDIOOOOOOOOTS!)

Creston

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2012, 22:07.

24. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 21:18 Creston

Ruffiana wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 14:05:
Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 13:38:
Bhruic wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 13:14:
Speaking of idiotic decisions... Just read that even if you do play ME3 MP to increase the readiness percentage, the readiness actually decreases every day that you don't play. Reports seem to be in the 2-5% loss per day range.

But don't worry, MP and SP are totally separate!

Mine falls by about 3% a day. The whole War Assets things seems to make 0.0 difference to the ending, as I had over 7000 and still got a shitty ending. So I wouldn't worry about your GR.

Creston

Multiplayer is not necessary.

Well, that's true, it's not. It doesn't really matter how much War Assets you bring along, as the ending will always be : (secret text)

a choice of three doors, with the only difference being what color ball vaporizes the mass effect gates. Mine was green! GREEN, fellas! What color was yours?!)

Creston

23. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 17:48 Asmo

Bucky wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 13:02:
Origin still crushes framerates if you have the overlay turned on. It did this in Dead Space 2, and it's even worse in ME3. Once I turned it off, everything ran nice and smooth.

Strange, I've been running it in Eyefinity (6052x1200 rez) with AA on and it's been liquid smooth with the overlay running...

I'm no fan of Origin and we've had the devils own time with setting up private MP games, but I guess I've been lucky to miss out on a lot of the performance issues that have been showing up. One thing I did note was that having steam and origin up at the same time did impact on performance, but closing steam fixed this... Waddya reckon, the two are having a bumfight in the background? \; )

22. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 17:33 NegaDeath

Origin is a piece of shit. They don't actually tell you how to install ME3 off of disks. You have to install origins, log in, go to settings, hit "redeem code", type in the CD key, and then at that point you need to have the disk in the drive otherwise it'll download the whole game.

None of which is documented

Huh On my copy I ran the installer on the disc, it started up Origin (already installed for BF3), prompted for the key and an install location and was on it's merry way. Considering how buggy Origin is I was actually surprised it went so well.

21. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 17:28 Bhruic

I won't spoil anything but the tacked on bit is literally 5 seconds of content and is easily youtube'd or saved for a NG+. I did all of the crap to get it and it wasn't worth it nor does it save the terrible endings.

Oh, I know what it is, and you're right, it's not really worth it, but at least it's something.

It'll be interesting to see if this makes them change their DLC strategy. Not, I guess, that we'll know, but I can see them trying to come up with something that includes modifying the ending in some way.

20. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 17:18 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 16:35:
Few things carry over from ME1, only about 5-10 things total that matter but ME2 has a shitload in everything from crew members to DLC missions. You need a really specific set of decisions and circumstances to get that rating without MP and I'd imagine the majority of people won't hit it.

It's just a bullshit anti-piracy/used games thing, it's actually kind of galling because this is almost exactly what people were calling out when they made the announcement awhile ago.

For sure, and Bio as usual lied and played damage control. They've fit right in since being acquired by EA it's not even funny. Don't get me started on the lack of closure and the asstastic endings.

"Oh our fans will get resolution!" Furthest thing from the truth.

19. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 17:10 Tumbler

With the amount of vitriol related to this game hopefully it'll give Bioware pause to think about their actions and get back to being a good company.

I wonder if the delay past the Holiday 2011 season was their "adjustment" based on the vitriol of the Dragon Age 2 launch?

Meh, I blame Swtor. I think that the studio bit off more than they could chew with that game and with it snowballing into an apparent disaster (it actually turned out pretty ok...) they just pulled resources from ME3 to compensate and get it ready for launch.

Might have even affected DA2 but that seems unlikely, I think the development time for that was too short and we probably got the best they could do with that time.

Do you want to be responsible for a terrible Star Wars MMO or a terrible Mass Effect 3. Maybe they just chose the lesser of 2 evils...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

18. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 16:53 Verno

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 16:43:
Actually, I believe the alternative ending - or the choice - is predicated on your paragon/renegade status. Mine was pretty much 50/50 and I only had about 3/4 of all the assets and got to choose at the end. It really was a shitty way to end the series though. With the amount of vitriol related to this game hopefully it'll give Bioware pause to think about their actions and get back to being a good company. If not they can go away and die and good riddance.

Oh sorry, I was referring to the 5 second cutscene tack-on, you need a specific score to see it.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

17. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 16:44 nin

With the amount of vitriol related to this game hopefully it'll give Bioware pause to think about their actions and get back to being a good company.

Doubtful!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 16:43 Cutter

Actually, I believe the alternative ending - or the choice - is predicated on your paragon/renegade status. Mine was pretty much 50/50 and I only had about 3/4 of all the assets and got to choose at the end. It really was a shitty way to end the series though. With the amount of vitriol related to this game hopefully it'll give Bioware pause to think about their actions and get back to being a good company. If not they can go away and die and good riddance.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 16:35 Verno

Few things carry over from ME1, only about 5-10 things total that matter but ME2 has a shitload in everything from crew members to DLC missions. You need a really specific set of decisions and circumstances to get that rating without MP and I'd imagine the majority of people won't hit it.

It's just a bullshit anti-piracy/used games thing, it's actually kind of galling because this is almost exactly what people were calling out when they made the announcement awhile ago.

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 16:21 PropheT

Ruffiana wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 14:05:

Despite what they say there, it's extremely unlikely that anyone will have enough to get the best possible ending without at least some multiplayer. There's examples of why everywhere if you want to read up on the military score requirements and what's actually attainable in the game.

Speaking of idiotic decisions... Just read that even if you do play ME3 MP to increase the readiness percentage, the readiness actually decreases every day that you don't play. Reports seem to be in the 2-5% loss per day range.

It degrades about 5% every 24 hours from what I've seen. 100% isn't really necessary to get the best ending, but if you want to maintain that percentage that's probably going to be 45 minutes to an hour every day just as maintenance...kind of nuts.

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 15:13 Verno

I won't spoil anything but the tacked on bit is literally 5 seconds of content and is easily youtube'd or saved for a NG+. I did all of the crap to get it and it wasn't worth it nor does it save the terrible endings.

They really screwed the pooch on the writing.

But I should give credit where credit is due, they finally put back the helmet toggle. Thank you Bioware, I was seriously missing that. Of course it seemed to cause the removal of your ability to holster your weapon but one thing at a time.

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 14:08 Bhruic

Fuck it. I'm just going to cheat. I'm going to modify Zaeed to provide +12000 war assets. Problem solved.  

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 14:05 briktal

Mine falls by about 3% a day. The whole War Assets things seems to make 0.0 difference to the ending, as I had over 7000 and still got a shitty ending. So I wouldn't worry about your GR.

Creston

The way it works is that if you have over 3000 strength (the bar is filled up) which is 6000 war assets if you don't do any MP, you get the "best" ending but if you get it to 5000 there's a tiny extra bit.

edit: I guess some people are complaining about that little extra bit because there are only around 7.5-8k war assets in the game, so you have to play MP to get it.

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 14:05 Ruffiana

Creston

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 13:38 Creston

Creston

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 13:33 ASeven

EA: Ensuring We Shit On Your Game Experience Today!  

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 13:14 Bhruic

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo