Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dishonored Trailer

The Bethesda Blog points the way to a number of articles around the world about Dishonored, as they recently hosted a group of international gaming journalists to show off Arkane's upcoming first-person stealth/action game. This coverage of the game includes this trailer, titled "Stealthy, Gruesome Murder," which features Raphael Colantonio and Harvey Smith discussing the project. Here's the accompanying description: "In Dishonored you play a supernatural assassin capable of sneaky stealth takedowns, animal possession, and balls-to-the-wall destructive carnage. Which will you choose?"

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 09:48 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 08:45:
Also in 1:03+ you can see the right dude playing with a tablet, or phone.. doing something that is not part of the interview anyway.. or maybe he is reading his lines.. but looks very unprofessional ;p

Yeah I noticed that, too, and I was like WTF is he playing with his DICK or wot?!?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 09:42 ItBurn

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 21:49:
I love Arkane. If they continue to build on what worked in Dark Messiah, this could be awesome.

Same. I wouldn't give this game a thought if it wasn't made by Arkane. I bet most people who haven't played Dark Messiah expect this to be generic.

11. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 08:45 eRe4s3r

Maybe they did the video on a Monday morning and were coffee deprived to force them to get in front of a camera?

Hearing these 2 talking to you must be a great sleeping pill alternative. Also in 1:03+ you can see the right dude playing with a tablet, or phone.. doing something that is not part of the interview anyway.. or maybe he is reading his lines.. but looks very unprofessional ;p

10. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 06:27 CommunistHamster

I like "HL2 guys" art direction, I might buy it just for that.  

9. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 06:13 CJ_Parker

Extremely underwhelming indeed.  

8. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 04:49 InBlack

From what Ive seen here, I will choose to pass on this game.  

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 03:48 netnerd85

Sounds like they were inspired by Velvet Assassin.  

6. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 00:47 Jerykk

I assume that these special abilities will actively consume some sort of finite energy source, with the more powerful abilities consuming more energy. That's how Deus Ex, System Shock, Bioshock, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines did it.  

5. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 12, 2012, 23:23 Cutter

Art direction is nice but the gameplay sounds ludicrous. Can teleport, leap tall buildings in a single bound, possess people and animals, etc. Why not just have one "I win" button instead? They should retitle it, 'Derpshonored". And yes, it very obviously will be a crappy console port. Pass.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 12, 2012, 23:05 Hump

for a game I'm really looking forward to, these two guys nearly put me to sleep.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 12, 2012, 22:58 Ray Marden

Arkane has evolved with every release and I am definitely intrigued by the idea of Thief in City 17.

I just hope there really are a number of open world/sandbox routes to takes and that the do not simultaneously break the game by making any kill stupidly easy.
Not that the powers will not already do that...
Wanting my GTX 680 reviews ,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

2. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 12, 2012, 22:49 Techie714 ©

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 21:49:
I love Arkane. If they continue to build on what worked in Dark Messiah, this could be awesome.

Agree 10000%!!

Side note the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter launches 3/13/12!!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 12, 2012, 21:49 Pineapple Ferguson

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo