Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

"Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month

Crytek plans to announce a "spectacular" PC and console game next month, reports Computer and Video Games, who learned of this during an interview with Crytek's Nick Button-Brown, who promises "the best of that kind of project we've ever done" in revealing the game like so: "You know about Homefront, you know about Ryse. We are working on another project... [laughs] all three of which are looking really good." Here's more on this mysterious third project:

It looks spectacular, the team are doing really, really well and it's just really nice to see the team really enthusiastic about what they're doing. They're really happy.

We're going to carry on doing those games. We like doing mobile games, we like doing free-to-play, but we also like blowing things up in a visually stunning style

View
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

36. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:08 Dmitri_M

Unless Crytek make a FPS focused on war in a middle eastern setting they won't sell the 20 million copies they wished they did. Originality, gameplay and NEW IPs will pique my interest in their products.

I prefer the Stalker engine to the Crytek Engine. Because the games created with it were more interesting. If only Crytek could develop an imaginative awesome new FPS IP using their fantastic tech..

I loved the original Farcry, it was new and inventive. It's too bad it's another franchise that's turned into sequel-fest (Farcry 2)\remake-fest (Crytek's Crysis).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:04 Joss

Ratty wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:44:
..crawl into position in the brush, and a single bullet to the head to take them out one at a time.
That's what was great about the foliage in FarCry; it actually concealed you from the ai's vision even up close. And the hang-glider... who didn't like that part?

34. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 15:44 avianflu

I was a giant fan of Far Cry for PC, but Crytek has lost its way trying to make console games.

Crysis 2 went budget particularly fast on all platforms

edit -- the very last level in Far Cry was insanely hard. I used a cheat code and felt guilty but c'mon in a big bowl and surrounded by spawning rocket launchers?

33. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 15:14 DangerDog

Still pissed at Crytek for what they did to Crysis 2 mulitplayer, thinking they were the next hot shit "Call of Duty" franchise and pissing on customers with asinine DLC map packs.  

32. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 15:01 tehnolan

Just can't help but roll the R on spectaulaR Southpark style  

31. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 13:10 Prez

Actually, I don't know about "Homefront" (wasn't that the short Call of Duty clone set in a North Korean-controlled America?), and I've never head of "Ryse". Still, I'd be more inclined to be interested in a Crysis 3 announcement if I didn't have a sneaking suspicion that Yerli "whiny bitch" Cevat will cry about piracy again if it sells less than 20 million copies.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 12:44 Ratty

ItBurn wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:37:
And to those saying that the ai and stealth was broken, you are crazy. Crysis 1 and Far Cry had the best ai I've ever seen in a shooter. They don't shoot you if they don't see you. Clearly you weren't hiding.
We had some Far Cry discussion here a few weeks ago and that prompted me to replay the game. A stealthy playthrough, where possible, was damn fun. I emptied out entire levels with my silenced MP5 with no one the wiser. Tag them on your radar, crawl into position in the brush, and a single bullet to the head to take them out one at a time.

29. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 12:37 ItBurn

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:28:
bhcompy wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 10:49:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 10:24:
don't like jumping on the hate wagon but crytek really are just boring aren't they, so very dull and boring... they really think they have something special but they don't at all...

The only thing that has really been impressive are their engines
But that's just it, I don't find their engines to be that impressive either... Far Cry 2's fire was cool though.

The Crysis engine is still the best engine out there. Nothing compares graphically and detail wise to Crysis 1. I mean it's pretty, insanely pretty on high details.

And to those saying that the ai and stealth was broken, you are crazy. Crysis 1 and Far Cry had the best ai I've ever seen in a shooter. They don't shoot you if they don't see you. Clearly you weren't hiding.

28. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 12:34 Ratty

ItBurn wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 10:58:
The first Far Cry is one of my favorite games ever. Best multiplayer since Blood. And I loved the mutants. It added a layer or horror and survival to the game. It was a very varied game.

Crysis 1 was ok, big open spaces, lots of options, but it lacked something that can't be described. It was sanitized.

I haven't even played the second one. I mean, a corridor shooter? "Press start button"? Autoaim? Really?
Totally ditto here on all counts. FarCry: the most awesome thing in the universe. Crysis: pretty fun but no FarCry. Crysis 2: didn't even bother.
Beamer wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:01:
Far Cry was great until it became impossible in the end.
Sepharo wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:09:
I remember the rusted out boat level being a little strange. You had to swim out to it and then navigate an annoying entrance and fight helicopters from the deck right? Not a good area.
Of course the big problem with FarCry was uneven difficulty but I much prefer a game to be too hard than the opposite. We just don't get hard games nowdays. So I'm OK with it.

27. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 12:28 netnerd85

bhcompy wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 10:49:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 10:24:
don't like jumping on the hate wagon but crytek really are just boring aren't they, so very dull and boring... they really think they have something special but they don't at all...

The only thing that has really been impressive are their engines
But that's just it, I don't find their engines to be that impressive either... Far Cry 2's fire was cool though.

26. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 12:15 Beamer

Sepharo wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:09:
Alamar wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:07:
I also didn't (gasp) like Far Cry... I think I got far enough to get to some beached boat, and lost interest... Haven't even seen what FC2 was about.

I remember the rusted out boat level being a little strange. You had to swim out to it and then navigate an annoying entrance and fight helicopters from the deck right? Not a good area.

Yeah, but I remember the trip to that boat, too. I had stopped to goof around with people shooting me and found my health drop significantly, so I got back into the jeep and drove as fast as I could, past any enemy, with a few chasing in other jeeps. I was supposed to turn but missed it and blasted over a cliff, out of the jungle and into the clearest water I'd ever seen in a game. I was hooked.

Enemies sniping you in the dark from 500 yards away despite you being stealthy was irritating in Crysis and Far Cry, but there was enough good to make me overlook that.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 12:09 Sepharo

Alamar wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:07:
I also didn't (gasp) like Far Cry... I think I got far enough to get to some beached boat, and lost interest... Haven't even seen what FC2 was about.

24. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 12:07 Alamar

I had bypassed the Crysis hype, so Crysis 2 was the first I played... I enjoyed it enough to pick up the first and first.5 (warhead).

Going from the second to the first kind of sucked in some ways, such as the controls not being as friendly, but I adjusted well enough...

I think I enjoyed all the games, but I'm not a fan of running through forests (where mobs can snipe you from a mile away, because the 30 trees and bushes in the way aren't hiding me or something).

-Alamar

23. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 12:01 Beamer

Far Cry was great until it became impossible in the end. Going up against 10 rocket-armed giants isn't fun if you're not Serious Sam.

Crysis was great until the end, but I'd heard so much bitching about the end that it didn't bother me. Aside from the zero g floating crap it flew by.

Crysis Warzone was even better.

Didn't play Crysis 2, maybe I will someday, but Warface or whatever they're calling it was pretty entertaining for the few minutes I played it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 11:53 Cyant

How can it be spectacular if it can be run on consoles? Seriously.  

21. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 11:25 Paketep

Yep, probably another very pretty, extremely boring, mostly the same Crysis 3 coming from Crybaby Yerli and his boys.  

20. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 11:23 Verno

killer_roach wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 10:56:
KoA:R was released on Steam, though...

I don't have a link handy but one of the devs had a rather amusing story of how that all happened due to some contract loophole. EA didn't want it on Steam and you can bet that they will be pushing for any EA published titles to not be available on Steam in the future. The exception will be things from other large publishers who also choose to go through Origin.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

19. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 11:16 Dmitri_M

I bought the first Crysis and finished it. It was a decent shooter.

Bought 2 but lost interest early on.

Wonder if buying both on PC qualifies me as a pirate?

Spektr wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 11:03:
Sorry but I found Crysis 1 fun to play. I liked the mix of stealth and FPS. I keep reading comments about how games are crap on this forum I'd like to see what you guys are playing these days.

We're playing not crap games.

18. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 11:03 Spektr

Sorry but I found Crysis 1 fun to play. I liked the mix of stealth and FPS. I keep reading comments about how games are crap on this forum I'd like to see what you guys are playing these days.  

17. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 11:01 The Half Elf

InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 09:41:
Dont they mean Craptacular?? Apart from the visually impressive Cryengine3 their games are fucking stupid and score a big fat 0 gameplaywise.

Even with Crysis 2, their games have always looked great, that's not the issue, but I really would like another Far Cry in terms of gameplay.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo