Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

"Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month

Crytek plans to announce a "spectacular" PC and console game next month, reports Computer and Video Games, who learned of this during an interview with Crytek's Nick Button-Brown, who promises "the best of that kind of project we've ever done" in revealing the game like so: "You know about Homefront, you know about Ryse. We are working on another project... [laughs] all three of which are looking really good." Here's more on this mysterious third project:

It looks spectacular, the team are doing really, really well and it's just really nice to see the team really enthusiastic about what they're doing. They're really happy.

We're going to carry on doing those games. We like doing mobile games, we like doing free-to-play, but we also like blowing things up in a visually stunning style

View
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

56. Re: Mar 13, 2012, 12:47 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 20:12:
I don't follow mobile games announcement - the proverbial sack of rice is far more important (and much more useful ,p)

Ryse isn't a mobile game. What's your excuse for that one? Fact is you are a troll that just wants to complain about anything (see post history). If you are going to complain about them not making anything but shooters, then maybe you should actually educate yourself on their products before running your mouth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Mar 13, 2012, 09:47 SXO

Caslon wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 00:04:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:28:
Caslon wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:20:
Tumbler wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 16:49:
Crysis was spectacular when it was announced and when it shipped. (graphically) Since then you have not been spectacular.

Ummm, Crysis wasn't that spectacular. I can't remember much about it because it was that forgettable. Countless North Koreans taking a pee behind a tree and then suddenly popping out from behind it when you were near them is not my idea of great. The online play was a complete joke. The destructible terrain aspect was highly promoted but turned out to be nothing much at all. Some of the interiors of the huts were no better looking than the original Far Cry. All this while the game code taxed everyones new rigs they built just for this game. Crysis will be forgotten.

The online mode was far from a joke. It's pretty complex and interesting. It just couldn't compete with COD and Halo, like every other game.

The enemies can actually hear sounds, so it's absolutely normal for them to go towards it, even if a tree is in the way.

#1, I acknowledge the online play was never meant to be the games strong suit, but still...it was frustratingly rudimentary in hit detection and the lagged out play was horrible, on the lowest ping server.

#2. Yes the North Koreans could hear you approaching, but it got old playing among a forest of tall standing trees with a guy coming out from behind each tree, like they were all taking a leak. That got old.
o·pin·ion&#8194; - [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
1. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Person A loved Crysis. Person B thought it was mediocre. A & B debate why their own personal opinion is right. Moral of the story? A & B have different tastes.

54. Re: Mar 13, 2012, 09:35 SXO

I'm gonna take a guess that this new announcement has something to do with Timesplitters.  

53. Re: Mar 13, 2012, 00:04 Caslon

ItBurn wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:28:
Crysis was spectacular when it was announced and when it shipped. (graphically) Since then you have not been spectacular.

Ummm, Crysis wasn't that spectacular. I can't remember much about it because it was that forgettable. Countless North Koreans taking a pee behind a tree and then suddenly popping out from behind it when you were near them is not my idea of great. The online play was a complete joke. The destructible terrain aspect was highly promoted but turned out to be nothing much at all. Some of the interiors of the huts were no better looking than the original Far Cry. All this while the game code taxed everyones new rigs they built just for this game. Crysis will be forgotten.

The online mode was far from a joke. It's pretty complex and interesting. It just couldn't compete with COD and Halo, like every other game.

The enemies can actually hear sounds, so it's absolutely normal for them to go towards it, even if a tree is in the way.

#1, I acknowledge the online play was never meant to be the games strong suit, but still...it was frustratingly rudimentary in hit detection and the lagged out play was horrible, on the lowest ping server.

#2. Yes the North Koreans could hear you approaching, but it got old playing among a forest of tall standing trees with a guy coming out from behind each tree, like they were all taking a leak. That got old.

The announcement by Crytek is laughable..."Spectacular". That adjective describes how pathetic the gaming world is now. I truly believe they meant that announcement as a joke. A satire/parody.

Spectacular...lol...Lean wid it.

52. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 21:25 Icewind

Creston wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:40:
I quite enjoyed Crysis 2, to be honest. It wasn't as good as Farcry, but I thought it definitely was better paced than the original Crysis. I'm pretty excited to see what they do next.

Creston

You just lost all your rights as a gamer by admitting that.

Holy fuck you're an easily amused prick.

51. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 20:18 Bhruic

I don't have a link handy but one of the devs had a rather amusing story of how that all happened due to some contract loophole.

Indeed, if you go to the Steam page for it, it lists:
"Publisher: 38 Studios"

No mention of EA anywhere.

50. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 20:12 eRe4s3r

I don't follow mobile games announcement - the proverbial sack of rice is far more important (and much more useful ,p)  

49. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 19:38 Jedi Master

Roadhouse!  

48. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 19:25 Caslon

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 18:06:
Psyched! An announcement about an awesome announcement.

WARFACE

47. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 19:11 Shataan

If there is 1 thing I have learned, it is that just cause a Dev Team is wowed by their own product... this doesn`t necessarilly mean that I will be just as wowed.

I was wowed by FarCry at release. But everything after FarCry failed epicly imho. I`d even go as far as saying I can`t remember any game after FarCry that had as much an impact for me.

46. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 18:06 HorrorScope

Psyched! An announcement about an awesome announcement. It don't get better then that.  

45. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 17:40 Creston

I quite enjoyed Crysis 2, to be honest. It wasn't as good as Farcry, but I thought it definitely was better paced than the original Crysis. I'm pretty excited to see what they do next.

Creston

44. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 17:28 ItBurn

There's no destructible terrain and as far as I know, that wasn't promoted. You could destroy trees and huts and that was actually pretty awesome. The inside of the huts were pretty detailed, with tons of clutter. I mean, how are scrap metal huts supposed to look?

The game is indeed pretty demanding, but you could run it fine if you lowered the details.

43. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 17:20 Caslon

42. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 17:10 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 10:09:
I wish they'd do something not being a SHOOTER.. one can dream no?

Fibble and Ryse.

Now what are you going to complain about?

41. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:50 Sepharo

avianflu wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 15:44:
I was a giant fan of Far Cry for PC, but Crytek has lost its way trying to make console games.

Crysis 2 went budget particularly fast on all platforms

edit -- the very last level in Far Cry was insanely hard. I used a cheat code and felt guilty but c'mon in a big bowl and surrounded by spawning rocket launchers?

I propped the door open with a trash can and helped myself to all the ammo and health as I needed it while taking out the rocket guys.

40. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:49 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

39. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:19 Caslon

I think the announcement will be that their upcoming free online shooter WARFACE will be made available to the US and Europe. Right now, WARFACE (which is being developed by Cryteks South Korea division)is being marketed only to asian markets. Just google Warface.  

38. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:15 necrosis

Beamer wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:01:
Far Cry was great until it became impossible in the end. Going up against 10 rocket-armed giants isn't fun if you're not Serious Sam.

Crysis was great until the end, but I'd heard so much bitching about the end that it didn't bother me. Aside from the zero g floating crap it flew by.

Crysis Warzone was even better.
This.

Crysis 2 was just lame coming from the first game which was drastically more open.

37. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 16:13 Acleacius

These clowns blame PC gamers for their failures.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo