Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

The Boondock Saints Game Official

The potential for a game based on The Boondock Saints first mentioned at last year's SXSW festival is apparently on its way to being made. Joystiq has word that the game was officially announced at a panel at this year's SXSW. There are no details yet on when the game will be released or for what platforms; the only concrete detail is that Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, and David Della Rocco will voice their roles from the film, and will contribute to other aspects of the creative process.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 22:10 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:21:
It was a fun little flick but that's it. Way too late for a game about it. Hell, the only realy part of he film I really liked anyway was about "Charlie Bronson always has rope."

While I disagree with the only liked bit (you can hate on 2 all you want, but 1 was damn good sir!), I agree with the rest. Wayyyyy too late for a game at this point, unless it is just a crazy game changer. And since it is a movie game, I highly doubt that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 21:02 Prez

I watched it, thought it was a fun flick, but considering the only thing I remember about it is Ron Jeremy was in it, and it had some praying Irishmen, I'm gonna say it was a fun but forgettable film. The game should aspire to at least that level, though it will probably fail as hard as the Reservoir Dog game did.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 17:21 Cutter

It was a fun little flick but that's it. Way too late for a game about it. Hell, the only realy part of he film I really liked anyway was about "Charlie Bronson always has rope."

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 16:04 Lobster

Interesting choice...  

8. some color up in this bitch Mar 12, 2012, 13:34 space captain

perhaps you would rather watch Leprechaun in tha Hood

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209095/

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 2012, 13:47.

Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 12:49 bhcompy

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 12:03:
Boondock Saints is one "cult" film (though I think it's beyond cult at this point) I've never liked. The gun play seemed weak, and there were too many damn whiteboy characters in it.

It's a mob movie in Boston.. what did you expect?

6. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 12:22 Trevellian

2 of my favorite movies ever. But, game needed? I don't think so. It won't be done right or live up to the movies so why bother. If all 3 of them still want to be involved just make another damn movie. Not a game.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

5. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 12:03 Dmitri_M

Boondock Saints is one "cult" film (though I think it's beyond cult at this point) I've never liked. The gun play seemed weak, and there were too many damn whiteboy characters in it.  

4. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 10:51 bhcompy

Rossafur wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 10:38:
Troy Duffy's *still* trying to milk that for all it's worth, I see... He was on Adam Carolla's podcast awhile back, trying to clear his name for coming across as an egomaniacal douche in the "Overnight" documentary, and well... didn't really work as intended. Non-stop references to the success of The Boondock Saints, though.

I don't particularly care that Duffy is an egomaniac, though. Realistically, it's just that he's so awful at hiding the fact that he's an egomaniac when you consider most Hollywood personalities, and it's probably because Duffy was an outsider to begin with.

3. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 10:38 Rossafur

Troy Duffy's *still* trying to milk that for all it's worth, I see... He was on Adam Carolla's podcast awhile back, trying to clear his name for coming across as an egomaniacal douche in the "Overnight" documentary, and well... didn't really work as intended. Non-stop references to the success of The Boondock Saints, though.  

2. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 10:13 wtf_man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m-G9vrgPLk

Is it Dead?

1. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 09:44 Verno

Only ten years late.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >