Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: etc. Mar 12, 2012, 14:06 avianflu

honestly I dont think Bioware cares at all if the game continues selling the way it did in the first week.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: etc. Mar 12, 2012, 06:53 Dev

Creston wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 22:44:
"The day one DLC was created long after the main game was complete! There was no way for us to include it in the main game itself!"

Yeah, it was created so long after the main game, that designs for Javik are in the Art of ME3 booklet, and he is even more fully integrated in the game than Shale was. He is far more integrated than Zaeed or Kasumi.
The argument that they have to certify the game a while before it goes gold has a small point. If it were true in this case.

However, a much bigger counter point is what you said, how its all integrated and he's in the rulebook. The rulebook also often has to be finished in advanced of going gold.

14. Re: etc. Mar 12, 2012, 02:25 Jerykk

All that said, it's still an awesome game. The level design is fantastic. I do fear that all my MP gaming has left SP waaaaaaayyy too easy, though. Had three Brutes run at me in a fairly small area, and I didn't even flinch.

It doesn't help that you retain your level from ME2 when importing saves. I started off at lvl 31 and had 60+ skill points at the very start of the game. Playing on anything less than Insanity is a joke.

13. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 22:44 Creston

"The day one DLC was created long after the main game was complete! There was no way for us to include it in the main game itself!"

Yeah, it was created so long after the main game, that designs for Javik are in the Art of ME3 booklet, and he is even more fully integrated in the game than Shale was. He is far more integrated than Zaeed or Kasumi.

Anyway, whatever. It's EA. Who'd have expected anything else? "Game developers are not evil. (Some are evil.) But most are not evil."
You're working for EA, lady. You may want to have given some thought on how EA is perceived around the world before making that statement.

All that said, it's still an awesome game. The level design is fantastic. I do fear that all my MP gaming has left SP waaaaaaayyy too easy, though. Had three Brutes run at me in a fairly small area, and I didn't even flinch.

Creston

12. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 22:26 PropheT

Squirmer wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 19:42:
Not sure if you're being serious here. You do know the collector's edition costs more money, right? So no, it's not included 'for free'. It's included when you pay more money.

So they provided something with actual value to the collector's edition and gave standard edition buyers a way to get the same content if they chose later.

Still not getting the problem there.

11. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 20:22 Asmo

*shrug* Bought a key from greenmangaming for 44 AUD (the Origin version for Aus is 79.99) and picked up the DLC for an extra 11, which still leaves me miles ahead of the 99.99 they want for the digi deluxe edition (and yes, given the current exchange rate, that would be ~106 USD for the digi deluxe).

I dislike day one DLC as much as the next guy, but I wanted to play ME3 so any protest I make while forking over bucks is likely to fall on deaf ears. If you won't vote with your wallet, "they" aren't going to take much notice...

Insofar as the whole 'you're not producers' comment, sure it's rude but it's not inaccurate. I tend to give more credence to the 'game was certified and DLC was made in the intervening time before release' excuse though, that at least sounds reasonable.

10. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 19:42 Squirmer

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 18:53:
And who the hell cares? Every N7 edition has it included for free anyway

Not sure if you're being serious here. You do know the collector's edition costs more money, right? So no, it's not included 'for free'. It's included when you pay more money.

9. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 18:53 eRe4s3r

And who the hell cares? Every N7 edition has it included for free anyway  

8. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 18:45 Parallax Abstraction

Sepharo wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 17:09:
MattyB wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 17:07:
Stop thinking you're a producer and telling us when and where we should be building our content

Wow.

Hahaha, "Dear customers, stop telling us what you want, we'll tell you what you want."

Hey, it seems to work for Apple.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

7. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 18:28 nin

Sepharo wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 17:09:
Stop thinking you're a producer and telling us when and where we should be building our content

Wow.

Hahaha, "Dear customers, stop telling us what you want, we'll tell you what you want."

Yeah, it was an incredibly pig headed comment. I was a little surprised that slipped out.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 17:09 Sepharo

Wow.

5. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 17:07 MattyB

Wow.

4. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 13:35 nin

Day 1 DLC is a game company telling you just how little they think of you. How stupid they think you are, and how much more of your money they think they should get for the same level of investment.

That's...hard to argue with. Well put.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 13:30 PHJF

Go to bed with EA and wake up with crabs, you are surprised why?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 13:25 Gas Bandit

It is indefensible. Day 1 DLC is inarguably created by allocating resources to the DLC that could and should have been used on the game proper - whether it is "removed content" isn't even relevant, though often enough it is and that just adds insult to injury.

Day 1 DLC is a game company telling you just how little they think of you. How stupid they think you are, and how much more of your money they think they should get for the same level of investment.

1. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 13:21 Bhruic

Judge the DLC based on what it is.

Ok, let's judge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRRpGlmtws8

Yup, that video makes it clear that no content was removed from the game in order to sell DLC, no, none at all.

It's bad enough that they are doing it, but people like this trying lying about it in defense makes me want to punch a baby.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo