Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots

The Carmageddon Website offers an "eyes on" look at redesign of the Eagle, of one of the vehicles for Carmageddon: Reincarnation, the upcoming motoring mayhem remake. They show the car in its original state, and go so far as to sneak out some early screenshots to show how it will appear in the new game. Thanks nin via Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 11, 2012, 20:45 zirik

i hope they dont make different versions for the EU and US markets like the original. i remember having to import a copy from the UK just to get the humans instead of the zombie version.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 11, 2012, 19:47 Kosumo

I agree %100 with Jerykk on this. This should be total arcade like - you get points for running people over - thats cool if it's over the top, thats not cool at all if its realistic!

Arcade can still be realistic-like but should stay it the realm of 'over-the-top-fun'

Why don't you think that that muffler anit for the in game nitro boost?

19. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 11, 2012, 00:54 Jerykk

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Wonder what the artist thought that muffler would connect to. Also, in the image before that one, the engine is only showing two exhaust ports from the head (unless they're shared exhaust ports, which would indicate low performance) and they're angled upward. I know it's just concept art, but you'd hope the artist would have some understanding of what an actual engine looks like and the reasons why.

You guys do realize that Carmageddon isn't a racing sim, right? The cars aren't supposed to be realistic, they're supposed to be crazy and over-the-top.

18. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 11, 2012, 00:33 venomhed

Who cares about the graphics, it's all about the ridiculous, over the top, offensive game play of running over people and seeing their blood and guts fly all over your windshield.

In todays "Must be politically correct, can't offend anyone" bullshit this game will flop, unfortunately.

17. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 20:41 TheLeech

SirKnight wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 17:57:
What's the deal with that one version of the eagle that has a big muffler on the side, above the rear wheel that looks like it belongs on a sport bike? That's just stupid looking. Plus it already has dual exhausts coming out the rear.

Dude must have been high as fuck when drawing that one.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Wonder what the artist thought that muffler would connect to. Also, in the image before that one, the engine is only showing two exhaust ports from the head (unless they're shared exhaust ports, which would indicate low performance) and they're angled upward. I know it's just concept art, but you'd hope the artist would have some understanding of what an actual engine looks like and the reasons why.

And that last one is basically an armored Alfa Romeo Brera, which isn't a bad thing. Beautiful car in real life.

Edit: Doh, partly Brera, but really the Alfa Romeo SZ, which predated the Brera.

16. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 20:29 xXBatmanXx

Probably some of the best gaming during a really awesome gaming period was the Carma games. Can't wait. Where can I give them my money now?!  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

15. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 17:57 SirKnight

What's the deal with that one version of the eagle that has a big muffler on the side, above the rear wheel that looks like it belongs on a sport bike? That's just stupid looking. Plus it already has dual exhausts coming out the rear.

Dude must have been high as fuck when drawing that one.

14. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 17:45 jdreyer

There's a poll you can take to vote for your favorite Eagle.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

13. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 17:19 vermin

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 13:13:
Now if they can just mimick 2's gameplay and not 3'd we'd be in good shape.

stainless only made the first, expansion to first and second games though. 3 was made by torus games, a completely different studio. pretty sure they're going to make a "remake" of the first game. hopefully with all the same features, like the awesome replay feature.

WyldKat wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 15:47:
The one they actually went with is kinda ugly... Looks like it belongs in an 80s version of Battlezone or something. Of the concepts, I prefer the next to last, the "realistic" one that resembles a Ferrari. Of the original cars, the one from the second game was always my favorite because it looked like the Batmobile from The Animated Series.
don't think they've actually went with any of them yet. it's still being designed. the in-game shots are just them screwing around. read the complete blog entry on the carmageddon site.

12. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 15:47 WyldKat

The one they actually went with is kinda ugly... Looks like it belongs in an 80s version of Battlezone or something. Of the concepts, I prefer the next to last, the "realistic" one that resembles a Ferrari. Of the original cars, the one from the second game was always my favorite because it looked like the Batmobile from The Animated Series.  

11. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 15:37 Jerykk

The last design is pretty ugly. Too many random edges and things jutting out. I still think the original Eagle design was the best.  

10. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 15:08 zirik

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 13:05:
I like all the designs, but prefer the concepts more closely resembling the original Eagle. The in-game car is cool if I can keep the Batman Begins/Dark Knight "tumbler" out of my mind.

i also like the original eagle design. the first new concept with the large mufflers going up the sides look good but then they went with the batman tumbler.

i guess they are taking a popularity poll. the one which looks like the original eagle is on top. the tumbler is a close second.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2012, 15:31.

9. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 14:15 Zoom

Cant wait for it.
I like the 2nd design for the Eagle remake, with the huge blade, more than the batmobile inspired thing that they mention after it.

8. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 14:07 SimplyMonk

Besides Mario Kart and the Crash Points Mode in Burnout, this was the only racing game I ever really enjoyed.  

7. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 13:51 nin

The fact that they're even making these kinds of updates, instead of just quickly pushing the game out the door, hoping it will sell on name recognition, is a positive sign.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 13:28 SM0k3

Glad to see it making a comeback, I had countless hours of fun with this game back in the day.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2012, 00:20.

5. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 13:14 nin

The in-game car is cool if I can keep the Batman Begins/Dark Knight "tumbler" out of my mind.

Ha! I mentioned that same similarity when I sent the link to Blue.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 13:14 Dmitri_M

The car looks good, certainly looks like a Carmageddon vehicle.

nin wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 13:00:
Don't tell anyone that I've sneaked a couple of very, very early prototype in-game images out for you guys! ;

So those are very early. No flipping out about "OMG THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE SHIT".

Good luck with reducing those comments.. They should be a little more selective of the sorts of shots they put out. Early shots can dog a production quickly as average joe who has never worked in graphics jumps all over them.

3. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 13:13 The Half Elf

Really? I liked the 2nd version and really love the new version. Now if they can just mimick 2's gameplay and not 3'd we'd be in good shape.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: First Carmageddon: Reincarnation Screenshots Mar 10, 2012, 13:05 Mad Max RW

I like all the designs, but prefer the concepts more closely resembling the original Eagle. The in-game car is cool if I can keep the Batman Begins/Dark Knight "tumbler" out of my mind.  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo