Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 "Biggest Entertainment Launch of 2012"

EA announces they have shipped 3.5 million units of Mass Effect 3 in the first week of availability of the action/RPG sequel, saying this makes it "the first pop culture event and the biggest entertainment launch of 2012." According to VentureBeat, EA estimates the game sold 890,000 units in North America in its first 24 hours of release.

View
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

18. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 23:41 Mordhaus

nin wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 23:33:
where it has a 3.4 generally unfavorable rating from 1236 users for just the PC version; some of whom signed up just to give it the rating it deserves and not the 'un-biased' reviews that gaming publications are giving it.

To be fair, that goes both ways, with people bombing the review:

http://kotaku.com/5892096/

http://kotaku.com/5891060

I know that some of the reviews are going to be little more than trolls, but even people giving good reviews are saying that there was a lot that they did not like about the game. In any case, I am just going to say that in my opinion, it is in no way comparable to the first or second Mass Effect. I am going to play it through once more to see if the rumored +1 ending is in fact any better than the other ones, which might...MIGHT...redeem it somewhat; again, only in my opinion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 23:33 nin

where it has a 3.4 generally unfavorable rating from 1236 users for just the PC version; some of whom signed up just to give it the rating it deserves and not the 'un-biased' reviews that gaming publications are giving it.

To be fair, that goes both ways, with people bombing the review:

http://kotaku.com/5892096/

http://kotaku.com/5891060

Many of the users appear to have reviewed no other games, apparently creating accounts specifically to give poor marks to the latest Mass Effect

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 23:33 Acleacius

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 20:26:
I doubt it.
What he said! Drummer

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 23:32 Mordhaus

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 21:59:
I'd love to know if Aria T'loak is based on a composite of females or inspired by someone in particular. Seems to me her face is very familiar and reminds me of someone in particular though it escapes me at the moment and is driving me insane. I find both her ruthlessness and aloofness incredibly hot and wish there was a really raunchy sex scene with her. :P

Aria was voiced and faced by Carrie-Anne Moss, aka Trinity from the Matrix.

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 23:23 Mordhaus

Drezden wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 21:58:
Mordhaus wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 20:35:
If people could return it after seeing how much it sucks compared to the first two, it would break some records in that also.

I REALLY wish I had waited on purchasing it now.

Speak for yourself, I like it just as much as I did Mass Effect 2, enjoy continueing the story and have put in countless hours already to the Coop with a few friends. Worth every penny I paid for it.

I'm glad that you are having fun with it. I did not, nor have quite a few people on Metacritic, where it has a 3.4 generally unfavorable rating from 1236 users for just the PC version; some of whom signed up just to give it the rating it deserves and not the 'un-biased' reviews that gaming publications are giving it.

Across the board it is getting terrible user reviews and glowing publication reviews. The Xbox version is sitting at 5.0, mixed or average, and the PS3 is at 3.6. I wonder if EA put a little pressure on the gaming publications, because I guarantee you that anyone in their right mind did not play this game all the way through and gave it a 95 like IGN did.

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 23:02 Trevellian

Shok wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 22:15:
I've played Skyrim, and you sir are no Skyrim.

Different kind of game. I play Skyrim for the freedom and item collection.

I play Mass Effect for the storyline.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 22:37 Dev

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 21:59:
*Spoiler*

I just finished the fall of the Asari homeworld, but I'm curious about the Geth alterntive. I played it through as a hardass and finished them off. What happens if you're go sweet and recruit them instead? I admit I felt kind of like a dick doing that to them.
My bet is just a few more reinforcement points or whatever they are called.

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 22:15 Shok

I've played Skyrim, and you sir are no Skyrim.  

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 "Biggest Entertainment Launch of 2012" Mar 9, 2012, 22:09 Pete

I am having fun so far. Not the best game I have played, nor is it the best Mass Effect game, but entertaining none the less.  
Doin' it Big

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 "Biggest Entertainment Launch of 2012" Mar 9, 2012, 21:59 Cutter

I'd love to know if Aria T'loak is based on a composite of females or inspired by someone in particular. Seems to me her face is very familiar and reminds me of someone in particular though it escapes me at the moment and is driving me insane. I find both her ruthlessness and aloofness incredibly hot and wish there was a really raunchy sex scene with her.

For me, at any rate, it's more of the same. It's got its good and bad points as all Bioware titles do so I really don't know what the hell people were expecting. If there's one thing Bioware MUST stop doing it's the goddamned dream sequences and VR crap (same thing) the heavy-handed symbolism is clumsy and its weak. There's also far too much exposition in the writing - too much targeting the masses. But hey, you don't get the big sales numbers without it these days, do you?

*Spoiler*

I just finished the fall of the Asari homeworld, but I'm curious about the Geth alterntive. I played it through as a hardass and finished them off. What happens if you're go sweet and recruit them instead? I admit I felt kind of like a dick doing that to them.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 21:58 Trevellian

If people could return it after seeing how much it sucks compared to the first two, it would break some records in that also.

Speak for yourself, I like it just as much as I did Mass Effect 2, enjoy continueing the story and have put in countless hours already to the Coop with a few friends. Worth every penny I paid for it.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 21:15 jomisab

They may as well have said "ME3 is the biggest launch of March 6th, 2012!!! No other title has come close!"

Gotta love the marketing people.

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 21:09 Mordhaus

Yes, and I curse the fact that I changed my mind. I kept telling myself not to get it and complaining about the fact that it was a forced Origin release. I even bought it having been burned by DragonAge 2, hoping against hope that it might be good.

Sadly I was wrong. ***Spoilers in hidden text***

The constant promise was that choices that you made in the previous games would have drastic effects in the finale. As it turns out, the only difference is whether or not you saved the Collector base or destroyed it. All the other choices were for nothing. Save the Rachni, doesn't matter. Reactivate Legion, doesn't matter, you just get a different cutscene with the exact same result. Terrible endings, of which there are only 3 with very minor differences. All love interests permanently lost or separated. Not even an out clause like in DragonAge, it literally does not matter. Add to this terrible multiplayer that you have to play if you want to get the "good" ending options.]s

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2012, 21:23.

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 "Biggest Entertainment Launch of 2012" Mar 9, 2012, 21:08 Creston

I'm having a blast. SP is ME as usual (though the Palavan mission was utterly bland and dull. What a disappointment that was), and the MP is (imo) incredibly fun.

Of course, having faced waves of Reapers in MP, nothing the SP game throws at me really bothers me anymore. This one big "hold the line!" mission had me facing 2 brutes (in order), a few marauders, some husks and maybe 6 or 7 cannibals or so.

Shit, that's a quiet corner of the map in MP.

Creston

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 21:02 The Half Elf

Um didn't you say you were going to watch it on Youtube in a previous post?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 20:46 The Half Elf

It's been the ONLY launch so far this year. Everything else came out for Christmas.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 9, 2012, 20:35 Mordhaus

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 "Biggest Entertainment Launch of 2012" Mar 9, 2012, 20:26 xXBatmanXx

I doubt it.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo