Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 14:31 Cutter

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 13:54:
OH MA GAWD!

"Go back to the valley, man."
- Bunker

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 13:56 Tehol

i don't understand why people getting high and mighty about rental or second hand games,it 's not crime to do that or is it? i don't know.

i like playing games (but not as much as i used to)and rental or second hand games are good sense to me if gaming is your hobby. have you guys not seen how much a new game (not indy) cost nowadays? and add some more if you have multiple gaming platform.

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 13:54 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 13:27:
I call bullshit. We all know MS and the publishers would love to do this but society at large - around the world - is nowhere close to ready for this yet. In fact it's a safe bet that the majority of Xbox owners/players neither want or could go this route for many reasons. I'm sure Sony wishes they'd be that dumb however.

OH MA GAWD! I agree with Cutter. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria! The end is near! Oh, what a world, what a world...

That sounded funnier in my head. And it probably made more sense there too. My point is, I pretty much never agree with a thing he says. When you get two people on opposite ends of the spectrum to agree that this would be a bad idea, you know it's a bad idea. (And that the world may end soon.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 13:27 Cutter

I call bullshit. We all know MS and the publishers would love to do this but society at large - around the world - is nowhere close to ready for this yet. In fact it's a safe bet that the majority of Xbox owners/players neither want or could go this route for many reasons. I'm sure Sony wishes they'd be that dumb however.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 13:09 Tumbler

Tumbler will commit suicide if this is true.

Heh, actually I'm good either way. I love a good train wreck and that is exactly what MS and Sony would have if they shipped an all digital console. At that point Steam would obliterate them. If I'm going to be locked to an online digital distribution system I'm sure as hell not picking Xbox Live or PSN. LOL, my god, can you imagine. Those services are necessary evils to an otherwise good gaming platform. PSN may be free but buying games on that service makes no sense to me. The less time I have to be on that system the better. And Live? I could burn my money and get more entertainment per dollar spent. (aka they're a rip off on game purchases)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 12:53 Verno

Techie714 © wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 12:10:
Verno what is your Origin name for BF3? I want to add you, I play quite a bit too.

I'm at work right now but I think it's Vernoz. I'm usually on a few nights a week playing with some RL friends, feel free to join us any time.

I feel sorry for all the people who live in the sticks/country where there is no high speed internet. I can think of 5 homes right now where this is will be a problem. They all play Xbox and PS.

This is a mistake if it's true.

I agree, it's way too soon.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 12:47 Agent.X7

Sounds like BS to me. What retailer is going to sell a console - which have almost 0 profit on sales at the beginning - that doesn't let them profit on game sales? Microsoft would have to direct sell this.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 12:33 The Half Elf

If Microsoft went to a disc-less system, and back to cartridges (flash drives, etc), would they go with another route?

Example: Gamestop, Bestbuy, etc, offers download stations, where you just purchase the retail key from them, and/or download the game onto the portable drive, take it home and put in the key online (or activated at the store) and put in the drive and copy everything to the hard drive?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 12:10 Techie714 ©

Verno wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 10:24:

LMAO!!

You guys all have some great posts on this "news"

Verno what is your Origin name for BF3? I want to add you, I play quite a bit too.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 12:08 Techie714 ©

PHJF wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 12:00:
Clearly this can only mean one thing...

... the return to cartridges!

Woohoo!

LMAO!!!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 12:00 PHJF

Clearly this can only mean one thing...

... the return to cartridges!

Woohoo!

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 11:45 SpectralMeat

Not to mention no backward compatibility. We'll see by E3 if Microshits will release any details about the new xbox, but if this is true a lot people will be pissed.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 11:25 Frags4Fun

I feel sorry for all the people who live in the sticks/country where there is no high speed internet. I can think of 5 homes right now where this is will be a problem. They all play Xbox and PS.

This is a mistake if it's true.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 11:16 VoodooV

I have no problem with this as I don't have a monthly cap, but as long as there are people with monthly caps there is going to be a backlash.

I don't see myself running out and getting the next Xbox right away anyway, but I'm a 30-something and my gaming time is ever decreasing and I still have a ton of games in my backlog for the 360.

I just want them to improve the xbox live service, even with my fat pipe, the download speeds are horrible and I just can't justify paying for gold anymore. The service needs to be free as they make a ton of money off DLC anyway I'm sure. especially if they want to compete with Steam.

But I want CONVERGENCE damnit! I'm sick of some of my games being on one platform, some of my games on another platform. If everything is going to be a service then there shouldn't be any reason I can't plug said service into my PC and play from there instead of a console or vice versa. But as someone else said, it's all about control, and you don't have control if you let people play their games anywhere or anyHOW they want to play it.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 11:05 nin

I don't think that story is true.

I'd be more than a little surprised if it was.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 10:24 Verno

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 10:21 Shok

Although the console will not include a disc drive, it will offer compatibility with some sort of interchangeable solid-state card storage, although it is not known whether this will be proprietary or a more standard format such as SD.

So they could still sell games on SD cards or proprietary cartridges I would think.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 10:19 SpectralMeat

I don't think that story is true. There was an update at the end of the article from Microsoft that they do not comment on rumors and speculations.

Regardless that is pretty much the obvious way Microshaft will go with the next box. They are constantly talking about battling the used game market etc. This will be the ultimate solution for that, kind of like Steam does it on the PC. Ones you buy a game it is yours forevah!
If you do something sneaky you are banned ! Ultimate control, the dream of every game publisher out there.

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 10:01 bhcompy

No disc drive? Feel bad for all those people with bandwidth limits. Want to download MGS4? Sorry, there's 50 gigs of your monthly cap right there  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 09:38 Malachii

CYA Gamestop!

Hugzees Gamefly :-(

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo