Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I asked for advice on winning my argument in the autumn with MrsBlue over whether I could put our grill on the deck, but I made little or no headway on that front, so the man stove sat unused all winter. This recent spate of warm weather is going to put this to an end this weekend, as I plan on having my first proper hamburgers in months, which makes me extremely happy.

Rare Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Spirit Fencer.
Links: 30th anniversary of the greatest summer of movies ever. Thanks nin.
How a Dog’s Brain Works.
Science: Researchers: Time to re-examine LSD as treatment for alcoholism.
Media: BeetleCam gets right up close to the lions.
The Most Expensive Coffee in the World.
The Funnies: Dilbert.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Man Stove? Mar 10, 2012, 00:26 Ahumado

The weather in Michigans UP is rather cold and snowy. I wasn't trying to impress just telling Blue he might be able to have his grill out if he grew a pair and quit thinking like a girl. Man Stove...indeed.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Man Stove? Mar 10, 2012, 00:09 xXBatmanXx

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 15:17:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 14:16:
Ahumado wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 12:27:
My grill stays out year round and I use it 3 to 4 times a week
Only impressive if you live in a non-temperate climate -- just sayin'

My grill is out year round, although I only use it a few times a month in the winter. I live only 3 hours West of Blue. Neighbors sure do give you strange looks when you're grilling spedies in 30 degree weather wearing winter gear. What can I say, some food just tastes wrong unless it is grilled.

It's not really a problem if you get a really nice grill cover. Ours is very heavy and the bottom sits on the deck so that snow can't blow under it. You can even strap it to the grill and the railings if you want so that..er...a tornado won't take it? I guess? The only downside is that you have to make sure squirrels and mice don't get in and try to build nests.

I grill all year around. I just move it up to the back door and stand under the overhang while it sits at the steps. I don't have a deck in the back, so it will have to do. My neighbors already know I am crazy, so it doesn't matter. I just throw on my flipflops and a stocking cap.

I roll mine back into the garage when I am done.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Still haven't seen E.T. Mar 9, 2012, 19:40 Sepharo

kanniballl wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 10:24:
30 years, and I still haven't seen E.T. [...] I find it makes for an interesting conversation piece for those ultra-rare circumstances the movie is brought up in conversation.

Ugh, no.
You're like the "never seen Star Wars/LoTR" guy that always has that same announcement to make... What an achievement!

12. Re: Man Stove? Mar 9, 2012, 15:17 Agent.X7

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 14:16:

My grill is out year round, although I only use it a few times a month in the winter. I live only 3 hours West of Blue. Neighbors sure do give you strange looks when you're grilling spedies in 30 degree weather wearing winter gear. What can I say, some food just tastes wrong unless it is grilled.

It's not really a problem if you get a really nice grill cover. Ours is very heavy and the bottom sits on the deck so that snow can't blow under it. You can even strap it to the grill and the railings if you want so that..er...a tornado won't take it? I guess? The only downside is that you have to make sure squirrels and mice don't get in and try to build nests.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2012, 15:11 Agent.X7

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 09:49:
30 years since all those movies came out?!?

*starts ordering a mobility scooter and oxygen tank*

Yeah. I go to school with a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds, which makes me feel young. You get caught up their energy and it makes you feel good. Then you read something like that and realize that while you were old enough to have seen these movies in the theater (Well, ET at least, I wasn't allowed to see the others) these kids weren't even going to be born for another 12 years.

Movies generally make me feel out of time anyway. I watch things like T2 and think it was a recent movie and then realize, no, that came out when I was still in high school. Wait, you mean Guns and Roses isn't still a big name in music? Crap. What year is it again?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2012, 14:45 Dev

Blue,
I sent you an email about some valve news, maybe it got lost?

Valve had a talk about TF2 and F2P 2 days ago.

"Once the item store was introduced, revenues from item sales alone were four times larger than revenues from sales of TF2 itself, and after the free-to-play transition was finished, overall revenue was up 12 times higher"

Text for your Link

9. Re: Man Stove? Mar 9, 2012, 14:16 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2012, 13:38 Cutter

I pity hardcore alcoholics but droppin acid to trip balls sounds like a strange way to deal with it. Maybe they should look at something less intense like mushrooms or peyote. LSD is certainly not for everyone.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2012, 13:33 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 09:49:

I remember seeing them all in the theater - when big screens and big seats and real butter was the norm - and recall my mind being blown by Blade Runner and TRON and Kirk shouting "KHAN!"

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Man Stove? Mar 9, 2012, 12:27 Ahumado

you gotta quit watching HGTV. Sheeesh

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2012, 11:24 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 10:59:

What's badass is they're recreating the release schedule this summer, and you can buy tickets there. Wish I lived closer...

No shit, I remember seeing ET when it was released in theaters, but the Trekkie in me would love to see Trek II on the big screen.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2012, 10:59 nin

What's badass is they're recreating the release schedule this summer, and you can buy tickets there. Wish I lived closer...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Still haven't seen E.T. Mar 9, 2012, 10:24 kanniballl

30 years, and I still haven't seen E.T. The Extra-terrestrial

I saw "Mac and Me" back when it was in theaters, but never saw ET... even on video or on the random times I've seen it listed in the TV guide.

I know the basic plot, but just never got around to it. I find it makes for an interesting conversation piece for those ultra-rare circumstances the movie is brought up in conversation.

As for the Road Warrior, I know I watched at least some of it way way back at a friend's house. But I don't think we wound up watching the whole thing.

But I've seen the rest on the list... though I was still quite young when they were in the theaters.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2012, 09:49 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2012, 09:46 Mr. Tact

Happy enough to get up early and do updates apparently!  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo