Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
19. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 9, 2012, 11:31 kanniballl

I used to be very ANTI iPad. Then I used one for a while.

It's definitely not a laptop replacement, but it is a nice toy/tool.

If I want to do something light (reading online, look something up, play a quick game, etc) and am in the living room... it's easier for me to just pick up a 1-piece-slate of an iPad and do my basic stuff... than it is to use the laptop.

I don't baby my laptops, but I am always aware of the fact that I using something with a hinge and keys.. so I don't want to treat it too rough. With the iPad I can toss it onto the couch or whatever and not worry about it.

Retina
I used to have an iPhone 3GS and had no plans on upgrading to the 4... until I saw the Retina display. Text was just so much nicer on that thing, and after my 3GS had issues I replaced it with the 4 right away. I didn't really care about the other features.

I haven't gone to the 4S and don't see myself upgrading my phone soon.

The Retina display is almost enough to make me want to upgrade the iPad... but I don't think I will. At least not right away... maybe the version after this upcomming one... or maybe in 2013.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 8, 10:37 Buzzblog- Why the holdouts aren't buying an iPad 3. zirik
  2. Mar 8, 11:42  Re: Buzzblog- Why the holdouts aren't buying an iPad 3. Verno
  3. Mar 8, 12:08   Re: Buzzblog- Why the holdouts aren't buying an iPad 3. The Half Elf
  11. Mar 8, 22:08   Re: Buzzblog- Why the holdouts aren't buying an iPad 3. zirik
  18. Mar 9, 08:53    Re: Buzzblog- Why the holdouts aren't buying an iPad 3. Verno
  4. Mar 8, 12:10  Re: Buzzblog- Why the holdouts aren't buying an iPad 3. nin
  8. Mar 8, 18:30  Re: Buzzblog- Why the holdouts aren't buying an iPad 3. Creston
  12. Mar 8, 22:11   Re: Buzzblog- Why the holdouts aren't buying an iPad 3. zirik
  15. Mar 8, 23:08   Re: Buzzblog- Why the holdouts aren't buying an iPad 3. xXBatmanXx
  5. Mar 8, 12:46 Re: Morning Mobilization avianflu
  6. Mar 8, 13:17  Re: Morning Mobilization Prez
  13. Mar 8, 22:17   Re: Morning Mobilization zirik
  14. Mar 8, 22:20    Re: Morning Mobilization nin
  16. Mar 8, 23:08     Re: Morning Mobilization xXBatmanXx
  17. Mar 9, 00:27      Re: Morning Mobilization Jensen
  9. Mar 8, 18:31  Re: Morning Mobilization Creston
  10. Mar 8, 20:35   Re: Morning Mobilization Jensen
  7. Mar 8, 17:41 Re: Morning Mobilization JediPunisher
>> 19. Mar 9, 11:31 Re: Morning Mobilization kanniballl

footer

.. .. ..