Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New SimCity Announced

The SimCity Developers Blog is live, offering the expected announcement of the next installment in the SimCity series of urban planning games. The site has this cinematic announce trailer for the game, while this page has an overview of new features like multiplayer support and some details on the new game engine. This FAQ says to expect the game sometime next year for Windows PCs.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 9, 2012, 09:56 Elessar

Sepharo wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 21:00:
Early in game footage from GDC

It's looking like a pretty traditional SimCity so far. They also mentioned coal deposits in one of the videos... So adding complexity instead of removing it? I'm exicted.

Awesome. I particularly like how traffic seems vastly improved. Thanks for sharing.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 8, 2012, 21:00 Sepharo

Early in game footage from GDC

It's looking like a pretty traditional SimCity so far. They also mentioned coal deposits in one of the videos... So adding complexity instead of removing it? I'm exicted.

17. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 8, 2012, 13:15 Elessar

Halo wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 20:07:
Elessar wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 17:37:
LOL Isn't this just the perfect example of the typical pessimistic circle jerk you find here every so often. Lack of solid information, speculation ensues and then the sky falls.

Thanks Reddit, I can't go one place now where more than 5 people talk about bad about something that it's called a circle jerk. Then more than 5 people say something great about it and they're all companyX employees... It's an opinion based forum deal with it! complaining about people complaining(which i'm doing)is pointless. At least everybody here is forming their snap judgments based on previous games. I think just about every announcement of a game by EA everybody knows is going to be DLC driven, have a collectors edition that costs at least 80 bucks, have a HUGE marketing budget, be simplified to help make it easier for anybody to play (No more game-over you went bankrupt you get a bailout!) have a GOTY edition, and get 91+ scores on metacritic.
I don't see anything wrong with having an opinion with substance. But the senseless pessimism just gets old. Doesn't happen all the time, but it's annoying when it does. Take this WoW thread for example. Generally a negative vibe, but people explain their viewpoint which causes, you know, an actual discussion. What I quoted earlier was just useless.

16. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 20:09 Pigeon

panbient wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 15:23:
ASeven wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 14:49:
gilly775 wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 14:31:
Did I read/watch this right? Only a MP game?

Apparently so, reminds me of the first version of CitiesXL. Not good at all.

Maxis: From innovators to imitators

Not seeing where you're getting MP only, but that's certainly a fear a lot of people have. A quick look on their forums and there's a thread called What you do NOT want to see, and nearly every responder says that don't want MP only, or MP and gimped single player.

15. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 20:07 Halo

Elessar wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 17:37:

LOL Isn't this just the perfect example of the typical pessimistic circle jerk you find here every so often. Lack of solid information, speculation ensues and then the sky falls.

Thanks Reddit, I can't go one place now where more than 5 people talk about bad about something that it's called a circle jerk. Then more than 5 people say something great about it and they're all companyX employees... It's an opinion based forum deal with it! complaining about people complaining(which i'm doing)is pointless. At least everybody here is forming their snap judgments based on previous games. I think just about every announcement of a game by EA everybody knows is going to be DLC driven, have a collectors edition that costs at least 80 bucks, have a HUGE marketing budget, be simplified to help make it easier for anybody to play (No more game-over you went bankrupt you get a bailout!) have a GOTY edition, and get 91+ scores on metacritic.

14. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 19:05 PHJF

I know they are calling it SimCity (pretty obvious from the trailer, no?). Using the same title is indication that it is either a reboot or a reimagining. From the web site...

SimCity is the reinvention of the flagship of city-building simulations.

SimCity is the wheel. You don't reinvent the wheel.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 17:37 Elessar

12. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 15:23 panbient

11. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 14:49 ASeven

10. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 14:31 gilly775

9. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 14:11 gradbot

Elessar wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:52:
I personally can't wait. Love the style, hopefully in-game looks similar.
Seconded.

8. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 11:33 Ozmodan

While I enjoyed the earlier games, EA's penchant for DLC makes this a no buy for me. Besides there are a ton more interesting games out there to try these days.  

7. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 10:52 Elessar

I personally can't wait. Love the style, hopefully in-game looks similar.  

6. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 10:09 ASeven

I have a terrible feeling about this. This will be DLC galore. And if any of you who have Origin go to see the price of the pre-order I believe you will not like what you see.

80 for a PC game? Really? And the pre-order bonus structure suggests that this game will be heavily DLC-based.

EA using the opposite of the Midas touch to more than likely kill one more beloved series.

5. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 10:06 SpectralMeat

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:04:
This game's main menu is going to be a DLC store.
I don't know why would you expect anything else from EA. The purchase price of the game will get you a blank disc everything else is DLC.

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 10:04 Dmitri_M

This game's main menu is going to be a DLC store.  

3. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 09:36 Mikus_Aurelius

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 09:19:
I wish they would have shown some actual gameplay instead of this pre rendered movie. When will companies learn and stop wasting their money on CGI trailers?
Thanks for saving me 3 minutes.

2. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 09:34 Beamer

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 09:19:
I wish they would have shown some actual gameplay instead of this pre rendered movie. When will companies learn and stop wasting their money on CGI trailers?

When they stop getting coverage on every single gaming news website like Bluesnews and stop getting comments and people talking about them. Like right now.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: New SimCity Announced Mar 7, 2012, 09:19 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo