Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Trailers

PlanetSide Universe has a series of videos of PlanetSide 2 playing on monitors at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco, showing off the first looks at gameplay in SOE's upcoming MMOFPS sequel. There are five clips in total.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 8, 2012, 00:30 Veterator

Looks pretty good, wish they would have shown more things in the game besides one infantry type and weapon, tank, and one air vehicle.

I'd like to see if/how stealth is handled, if vehicles can be stealthed. How the various vehicles work and their features. Like the APCs who used to have a gun for every person in it, at least you had something to do while someone else drove.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 7, 2012, 19:41 Nate

Devs said its in alpha. Hope its out this year.  

10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 7, 2012, 17:37 bigspender

Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 15:04:
First off, certifications suck.

Second if people can earn them offline and everyone is going to be equal in the end why bother having them at all?

I'm guessing that you can only upgrade one tech tree at a time, so at least initially everyone will have different specialties - but yeah 2 years down the track everyone will have everything unlocked(but then isnt that the case for all RPGs?)

It also looks like there are several other things which are unlocked via ingame XP points, so you can still earn more items the more you play.

BTW - THIS LOOKS AWESOME SO FAR!

EDIT: FREE TO PLAY AS well

9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 7, 2012, 16:36 Wallshadows

A crazy huge map is fine and all but I hope the actual draw distance to spot enemies is increased in the final product.  

8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 7, 2012, 15:04 Cutter

First off, certifications suck.

Second if people can earn them offline and everyone is going to be equal in the end why bother having them at all?

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 7, 2012, 14:09 Esoteric

Those videos looked pretty good.  

6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 7, 2012, 13:55 J

Hmm, for the moment then, I shall slink over into the "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" pool  

5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 7, 2012, 13:44 Trevellian

THROWING MONEY AT SCREEN AND NOTHING HAPPENING

BFR's were confirmed as NOT in the game months and months ago. They realize their One major gamebreaking mistake, and aren't bringing it back.

Max is a class now, so no one in the videos was that Class. They are in the game. And fully customizable. Every faction kept their AI and Armor varients, Burster and Flamethrower are common pool, and you pick what your 2 arms are equiped with. This was all stated in a Webcast about a week and a half ago I sat in on.

C22 for life bitches.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

4. Re: no@spam.com Mar 7, 2012, 13:30 J

The video trailers have me curious. I'll certainly be giving it a go. I do have a couple of questions which I'm curious to see the answers to: MAX? BFR?

I wonder how they will deal with those.

3. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Mar 7, 2012, 10:22 Fion

I see it uses hitscanning, but thats expected anymore I spose.

When he was showing the loadout screen, I was like 'EQUIP A MAX!' I didn't see anyone using one so maybe they aren't in yet. Still, nice gameplay and I'm happy to see some of the old vehicles and their 'modern' redesign.

2. Planetside 2 Mar 7, 2012, 10:20 Steelcamp

Cant wait to duke it out over bridges... Best fightin ever.  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

1. matthew@welchkin.net Mar 7, 2012, 09:49 Watter

Finally! Gameplay videos; and quite in-depth ones at that. I loved Planetside and can't wait for this installment. I was glad to hear them talk about side-grades rather than upgrades. I was quite worried that the new systems wouldn't be keeping in spirit with that aspect of Planetside. It's good to hear otherwise.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo